If you're not a muslim, you deserve to be punished...

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

buck

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Aimster
Originally posted by: buck
Originally posted by: buck
This thread is annoying me.

Allah is the GOD of all people. Stop saying Allah like Muslims intended it to be their GOD.

Yes God punishes those who do not believe in God in Islam. God does not punish Christians and Jews, etc because according to the Quran they do not know any better and God is forgiving.

So if you do not believe in God in Islam you go to hell. Go cry about it.

You are an idiot, please stop posting.

What have I said that is wrong?

You have communication problems.
I suggest you work on those or stfu?

1. I asked if Buddhas teaching calls for violence, you say that its in the papers, look at tibet. You made no sense whatsoever with that comment, and failed to back up your comment.
2. You suggest that I along with other members are linking Muslims and Buddhists, I did not. You fail again at assuming.
3. You say that you have yet to see where the Quran calls for violence. I along with many other members offer you quotes from Quran. You fail at reading once again.
4. You ask again for a quote from the Quran, members show you more quotes. You act dumb and confused, and tell members that you didn't mean "that kind of violence". You fail at reading, again.
5. I ask you "What the fuck is your point?" You again act stupid and confused, and have yet to provide a point. You fail at reading..... yes you fail at reading again.

It gets really annoying when so many members have to hold your hand so you can understand Aimster.

My posts do not revolve around YOU.

Do you ever leave the house? It sounds to me like you have communication problems online as well. How that is possible is beyond me.

so again I say WHAT IN THE FIRST POST THAT IS QUOTED WAS I WRONG ON? Otherwise it is you who is a complete idiot.

You have lost your cool twice posting. Go seek counseling.

& I don't fail at reading. It appears you lack common sense. When I was talking about Islam and violence I clearly was not talking about "violence in self-defense". Yet that is what you brought up and you were like ahhhh ahhh well.. it shows violence... ahh ahhh. Give me a break.

More worthless garbage, keep backpeddling aimster. I am done wasting my time with you, I see other members are doing the same. Good luck to you, maybe you can get an adult to help you read. :)

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
Buck,

You and I both know you have no Muslim friends. You never associated with any Muslims before so therefore how the hell can you even begin to debate about the topic?

You can post quotes all you want. Quotes from random Google searches that took you 1-2 minutes.

That proves squat. All those quotes are taken out of context. How the hell can anyone debate religion based on quotes?
If you want to know about the religion you ask someone who has studied the religion. Since you have never talked to a Muslim person in your life how the hell can you even enter this discussion?

Like I said this entire thread is who can google search better and post quotes

Congrats on your 5 second Google search. You are an expert on Islam

Jun 26, 2007
Originally posted by: RichardE
I find it funny that people assume they "know" the religion they are talking about. I find it even funnier the ones arguing who assume they "know" what people of that other religion think. Even funnier are the ones who give a definition of 'there' religion when saying every other definition is wrong and not seeing the irony in there argument.

I think the point is, at this moment in time a certain religion is being used for ultra violent means and recruiting people at an extraordinary rate. Yes, other religions in the past have followed this same pattern and I am sorry your great great great great great great great granddad died in the crusades from Europeans hands, thats too bad but personally I could care less since it has no immediate affect on me. What does have an immediate effect is the Islamic faith currently being used as a weapon. To be honest, it is more of a dull butter knife, it really has no effect on me and the only true reason we are even aware of it is because the media has no current other news. (Notice the drop in Iraq news with the presidential race and sex scals that broke? The only time we hear big "Middle East" news is when those die down.

So even though you are all up in arms because your religion is misrepresented and "oh no were not all bad" no one really cares unless we have nothing else to think about. Ontop of that, if we had something other than oil no one, and I mean no one in this world would care if you slaughtered each other with hatchets all day fighting over desert and whose god was better.

Something to think about, what would have happened if people from Congo had been behind the World trade center bombings.

Son, that is what i constantly hear, now explain to me why without Iraq LTTE which is mostly Hindu's would STILL be, as they were before, the terrorist organisation responsible for most deaths as well as most attcks.

This terror is created by the invasion of Iraq, without that war 80% of terrorism would still be attributed to Hindus.

Then we have the Honor killings that Islam is attributed for, yet it's only common among Indian Hindus (100% of the honor killings in the UK were Indians) and non Muslim Kurds.

All these things like planned marriages that leads up to it, non of that has anything to do with Islam, the problem that Hinduism has is caste, that is what it's about when honor killings occur in Britain, but Islam has no such system, everyone is born equal and judged according to their actions in Islam, unlike Christianity where actions don't mean shit, you just have to believe that Jesus is your lord and saviour and you can go on a rape and pillaging contest with the rest of the Christians.

Personally i despise the lot of them, their claim to their religion is like a badge to them and it is what matters to them.

Islam IS misrepresented, the religion specifically forbids murder and only allows killings in self defense.

Last time i looked, that entire passage was stolen right out of the old testament, or the Torah if you will.

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005
Buck,

You and I both know you have no Muslim friends. You never associated with any Muslims before so therefore how the hell can you even begin to debate about the topic?

You can post quotes all you want. Quotes from random Google searches that took you 1-2 minutes.

That proves squat. All those quotes are taken out of context. How the hell can anyone debate religion based on quotes?
If you want to know about the religion you ask someone who has studied the religion. Since you have never talked to a Muslim person in your life how the hell can you even enter this discussion?

I think of the main problems people see, even based on the "google searches" is the fact that people out there think like that, and instead of coming up with a way to deal with that most Muslims get offended and go on about "its not really our religion!". Alright, its not the heart of your religion, so someone has bastardized Islam for his own agenda and it seems to be working. So how is Islam going to fix this deviation that is bringing it hate from the world?

Jun 26, 2007
Buck,

Without context it becomes worthless, Will Chamberlain once said "i hate humans", does that mean he aspired to become a mass murderer, of course not.

I can quote shit out of the Bible that will make your skin crawl and even WITH context it's even worse, the Bible is a story of incest, murder, rape, pedophelia, torture and pain.

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005
Originally posted by: JohnOfSheffield
I find it funny that people assume they "know" the religion they are talking about. I find it even funnier the ones arguing who assume they "know" what people of that other religion think. Even funnier are the ones who give a definition of 'there' religion when saying every other definition is wrong and not seeing the irony in there argument.

I think the point is, at this moment in time a certain religion is being used for ultra violent means and recruiting people at an extraordinary rate. Yes, other religions in the past have followed this same pattern and I am sorry your great great great great great great great granddad died in the crusades from Europeans hands, thats too bad but personally I could care less since it has no immediate affect on me. What does have an immediate effect is the Islamic faith currently being used as a weapon. To be honest, it is more of a dull butter knife, it really has no effect on me and the only true reason we are even aware of it is because the media has no current other news. (Notice the drop in Iraq news with the presidential race and sex scals that broke? The only time we hear big "Middle East" news is when those die down.

So even though you are all up in arms because your religion is misrepresented and "oh no were not all bad" no one really cares unless we have nothing else to think about. Ontop of that, if we had something other than oil no one, and I mean no one in this world would care if you slaughtered each other with hatchets all day fighting over desert and whose god was better.

Something to think about, what would have happened if people from Congo had been behind the World trade center bombings.

Son, that is what i constantly hear, now explain to me why without Iraq LTTE which is mostly Hindu's would STILL be, as they were before, the terrorist organisation responsible for most deaths as well as most attcks.

This terror is created by the invasion of Iraq, without that war 80% of terrorism would still be attributed to Hindus.

Then we have the Honor killings that Islam is attributed for, yet it's only common among Indian Hindus (100% of the honor killings in the UK were Indians) and non Muslim Kurds.

All these things like planned marriages that leads up to it, non of that has anything to do with Islam, the problem that Hinduism has is caste, that is what it's about when honor killings occur in Britain, but Islam has no such system, everyone is born equal and judged according to their actions in Islam, unlike Christianity where actions don't mean shit, you just have to believe that Jesus is your lord and saviour and you can go on a rape and pillaging contest with the rest of the Christians.

Personally i despise the lot of them, their claim to their religion is like a badge to them and it is what matters to them.

Islam IS misrepresented, the religion specifically forbids murder and only allows killings in self defense.

Last time i looked, that entire passage was stolen right out of the old testament, or the Torah if you will.

Read my post above this one for a response to your "islam is misrepresented". It answers that.

For the rest of your points, these things have been going on for as long as people can really remember, and no one cared till we needed petrol. The fact is Good old white Cahtolics/protestants only care about that part of the world when they are told too really.

To answer my question since you seemed to have deflected it in your misplaced rant. If the hijackers had been from Congo nothing would have happened xpt maybe a few raids on some troublemakers the congo government wanted to get rid of and needed an excuse for and we would have gone about with our lives.

Jun 26, 2007
Buck,

I think of the main problems people see, even based on the "google searches" is the fact that people out there think like that, and instead of coming up with a way to deal with that most Muslims get offended and go on about "its not really our religion!". Alright, its not the heart of your religion, so someone has bastardized Islam for his own agenda and it seems to be working. So how is Islam going to fix this deviation that is bringing it hate from the world?

Well, the "no true Scotsman" defense is more common amongst Christians than Muslims, like McVeigh, that's no true Scotsman, right? The KKK that say they like family values and are all christians, no true Scotsmen there either, right? Or GW and his cronies, traitors or no true Scotsmen? You decide.

No true Scotsman would ever rape or kill or molest or do anything unchristian, right?

Well there is no true Scotsman and there is no suck thing as a True Christian or a True Muslim either, i dunno about Jews, never had much contact with them but they seem like good people to me.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
Originally posted by: JS80
Originally posted by: JS80
Originally posted by: nakedfrog
Originally posted by: Beev
Yeah sorry, I'm generally a VERY tolerant person and apathetic about everything, but the Muslim religion needs to be "done away with."

Pretty much just the extremists, same way with Christianity.

If an extremist Muslim is someone who takes the Koran literally, wouldn't an extremist Christian be someone who takes Jesus's teachings literally? Like give all his shit away and turn the other cheek?

Every Christian i have ever come across is judgemental, was Jesus judgemental? Did Jesus EVER say anything about the unborn or gays?

Face it, there are no Christians in this world, there are those who claim to be but still pick bits and pieces out of the old testament because being good isn't enough, you have to condemn, you have to be judgemental, you have to hate.

You don't even have to tell me i am right, but you have NO qualifications what so ever to even try to be a Christian, you are just evil, through and through, there isn't a good side of you.

Wow. What the hell did I do to you?

You are you, the worst excuse for a Christian i have ever known, hateful and prejudiced filled with judgement and you would be the first one to throw a stone.

I despise hypocrites like yourself, is that clear enough or shall i write it again?

Example of what I have done to make you think I am hateful and prejudiced?

Jun 26, 2007

Read my post above this one for a response to your "islam is misrepresented". It answers that.

For the rest of your points, these things have been going on for as long as people can really remember, and no one cared till we needed petrol. The fact is Good old white Cahtolics/protestants only care about that part of the world when they are told too really.

To answer my question since you seemed to have deflected it in your misplaced rant. If the hijackers had been from Congo nothing would have happened xpt maybe a few raids on some troublemakers the congo government wanted to get rid of and needed an excuse for and we would have gone about with our lives.

My words are wasted on you, that much is clear, why don't you learn to read.

Your naivity is truly astounding, you don't get it, you truly don't get it.

I'm sorry, not for you, but for me, for wasting the words, maybe someone who gets them can read them.

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005
Buck,

Well, the "no true Scotsman" defense is more common amongst Christians than Muslims, like McVeigh, that's no true Scotsman, right? The KKK that say they like family values and are all christians, no true Scotsmen there either, right? Or GW and his cronies, traitors or no true Scotsmen? You decide.

No true Scotsman would ever rape or kill or molest or do anything unchristian, right?

Well there is no true Scotsman and there is no suck thing as a True Christian or a True Muslim either, i dunno about Jews, never had much contact with them but they seem like good people to me.

Except for the fact people say we are committing genocide in "Palestine". So even though you say theres nothing wrong with us, people out there would die to kill us. That is one of the points I was trying to make..

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Originally posted by: nakedfrog
Originally posted by: Beev
Yeah sorry, I'm generally a VERY tolerant person and apathetic about everything, but the Muslim religion needs to be "done away with."

Pretty much just the extremists, same way with Christianity.

Agreed ... According to them they are the only chosen one and unless you convert to their ways you won't be going to heaven.

As you can tell I'm really bummed about that!

Dunno why this ended up in P&N...

Troll threads should be kick back over to OT...

Jun 26, 2007
Buck,

Except for the fact people say we are committing genocide in "Palestine". So even though you say theres nothing wrong with us, people out there would die to kill us. That is one of the points I was trying to make..

Well that is utter bullshit, Israel has a need and a right to defend herself, taking hundreds of rockets a week and doing nothing has shown great restrain if you ask me, attacking them and eliminating the threat is justified and honorable in my book, fuck them up, no other nation would show even close to that amount of restraint, let them know that with their actions comes consequences, that is the way the rest of the world works...

There are people there who use a religion to justify their actions, but their religion in no way justifies their actions, that is my point.

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005
Buck,

Well that is utter bullshit, Israel has a need and a right to defend herself, taking hundreds of rockets a week and doing nothing has shown great restrain if you ask me, attacking them and eliminating the threat is justified and honorable in my book, fuck them up, no other nation would show even close to that amount of restraint, let them know that with their actions comes consequences, that is the way the rest of the world works...

There are people there who use a religion to justify their actions, but their religion in no way justifies their actions, that is my point.

Israel justifies her actions from her religion. (Israel was given to them by god). Yet Muslims who believe more or less the same religion do not agree with this. People could use your own argument in saying "The muslim world" needs to defend there land in Iraq ect even though we call them terrorists and insurgents. We called them freedom fighters when the Russians were the ones who were there.

All your points you used to justify Israel (points I myself have used) Muslims use to justify there violence against us.

So whose right?

buck

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
and I have yet to see where the Quran calls for violence.

Sounds like you know alot about the Quran and Muslims. Let me guess, you were confused and meant something else? You were given quotes because you posted this. Is that so hard for you to understand? (The last question is rhetorical, because its obvious you are an idiot and can't figure out why people gave you links.)

ShinGouki

Jan 23, 2003
Ok the article is more than a little misleading, especially the link to the *leading Muslim lawyer in the UK*.

For starters it's not a BBC article, it's fox linking to an article in The Sun of all things... i.e. Rupert Murdochs main tabloid paper in the UK so lets get that out of the way first.

Now the next problem... it conveniently links to this video on Youtube which shows an episode of Hard Talk which is run on BBC's news 24.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=maHSOB2RFm4&feature=related

Scary stuff.... except that it conveniently leaves out most of the other pertinent information that can be got from this interview. This isn't just about *context* it's about the relevance of the guy spouting what he claims to be pure literal Muslim views. Anyone who wishes to have an informed debate on this particular article, I'd strongly suggest you watch the rest of the interview.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=frqofl-N2Y0
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8NK2CIqUgFE&feature=related

When regularly pressed on the fact that he's going against not only *moderate* but mainstream views and even people he'd quoted from himself he just continues to dither and change topic to Iraq / Afghanistan. Having watched the interview in it's entirety it actually becomes clear that if anything he holds little real sway over key elements of the Muslim community in the UK. He also never actually condones the killings that misleading, he states that God will judge whether or not the bombers followed sharia or not.. not some random Muslim Imam or cleric.

While I agree that's a total cop-out and pretty low of him not to categorically condemn the attacks, at least let his own stupidity be born out in it's fullest. The original clip fox link to cuts off at convenient points to make it seem like he's sanctioning killing of non Muslims as being perfectly ok.

This guy has been marginalised by his own community, the foundation that he created have lost any kind of support and disbanded... even if his view WAS the literal translation of the Quaran it's like saying that this nutjob

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kF1J4s0dxM

Speaks for all Christians. Even Hannity can see that she is a whacko.

To those who would claim that this is the true face of Islam and that all Muslims agree with this I have some points I'd like to put to you.

The whole point of the fox article, if you click on the link to Islam Watch is actually that Muslims were questioning this rapist as to how any Muslim cleric could ever condone the killing and raping of kafirs.

From the article itself over at Islam Watch. *Linked for those who can be bothered to read it*.
http://www.islam-watch.org/Aye...to-Carry-Out-Sunna.htm

Naqabi Woman: ?One eyed hooked Imam Hamza Mesri said muslims can kill British infidels and have sex with their wives and daughters, Do you agree with him??

Imam: ?It is not what Imam Hamza said nor is there a question of my agreeing with him or not. It is in Quran thus those are Allah?s orders.?

N.W.: ?But why would Allah tell muslims to kill and rape innocent non muslims??

?Because Non-muslims are never innocent, they are guilty of denying Allah and his prophet. If you don?t believe me, here is the legal authority, the top muslim lawyer of Britain, Anjem Choudhary

So basically... a rapist is claiming the guy in the video gives him moral authority to Rape kafirs... right.... and this somehow reflects all of Islam and all Muslims?

Now like Fox News I will attempt to be Fair and Balanced. The Islam watch article then goes on to point out that the Imam cites that

N.W. ? But our Prophet was sent as a mercy for all the humanity; he never hurt any body in his life?

Imam: ?Yes he never hurt a muslim in his life. But Allah said non-muslim are lowest beasts and worst creatures in ayas 8.22,8.55,95.5 and 98.6 and muslim are ordered to kill them."

N.W.:? But did prophet approve of killing them and raping their wives??

Imam: ?Yes he did. He not only approved of such acts, he and his sahabas practiced it regularly under Allah?s orders. He was helpless in it... If you don?t believe me , you have to believe sahih hadiths.

... pretty nasty stuff huh...
Now lets see what a Hadith is for those who don't know.

In Islamic terminology, the term hadith refers to reports about the statements or actions of the Islamic prophet Muhammad, or about his tacit approval of something said or done in his presence.[3] Classical hadith specialist Ibn Hajar says that the intended meaning of "hadith" in religious tradition is something attributed to Muhammad, as opposed to the Qur'an.

So it's not actually in the Qur'an... blurs the assertion a little then... seems like it could be open to interpretation.

Continuing on the article shows the Naqabi womans discomfort at this idea.

The description of the steamy all night action between the 62 year old Prophet and teenage Safia left the niqabi woman very depressed and the male audience very horny. Imam himself got excited and started thinking about the possibility of killing an infidel and raping his wife, who knows Allah could reward him with paradaise for following in the footsteps of his most beloved apostle..

I'd suggest you read the rest of the article over at Islam watch...

Wouldn't waste your time with the sensationalist sun article since it says even less of any use to any real debate on the topic.

My personal interpretation of events.

Sick rapist bastard tries to claim religion as an excuse for raping an innocent woman. Thought he was too clever for his own good but got caught out by DNA. I'm fairly sure most muslims would object to their local Imam raping some random woman then getting seven others to lie on his behalf + try to claim that this was doing the work of Allah.

Anyway I have to go hide under the covers... there's a muslim girl renting the room next door and I think she might rape me after reading this article.

NB/ Sheffield... I appreciate you being out in Afghanistan and everything, whats with the constant bringing up of Hindu terrorism though? You seem to be bringing it up in an awful lot of threads recently it's not really adding anything to your arguments. I have enough mates out there in Afghanistan with you to understand the constant f'ing and blinding but you could maybe tone it down a bit if you want people to have a sensible debate with you ;).

magomago

Lifer
Sep 28, 2002
Originally posted by: MrWizzard

Ok, I thought so because of your whole Some Christian nutjob could just as easily take that passage to extremes and try to kill every non-believer he comes across. But I was just making sure. I have found while reading through the Quaran that even while reading in context it's message in the end is we have 2 choices convert and become second rate citizens or die. Not much of a choice to me at least, and then again it's not guarantied you will make it to paradise even if you do convert...yay.

You've piqued my interest too. Unless I read the Quran entirely incorrect, or that a lot of commentary is patently false...I'm not finding this place where you aren't guaranteed to go to heavn. Islam isn't eternel hell and everyone eventually gets the heaven ~ the question is how long you'll be in hell.

nothing....
I am just talking to the thread in general and responding to that guy.

There are 10,000 websites with translations. The best ones usually have Allah written as God.
That makes sense.

Not necessarily. Those who use Allah in place of God do it to emphasize the singularity of God that the Arabic word carries. No more, no less. It still isn't a name, its just a word. That said I just God in english.

Originally posted by: yllus

I have found while reading through the Quaran that even while reading in context it's message in the end is we have 2 choices convert and become second rate citizens or die.

Could you quote me the passage where the Koran states this? Since you've read it you should have no trouble finding and pasting the verse for me.

Even if I found a passage it would not really help prove my point, it is the message in whole. Muslims seem to be stuck to the OLD TESTIMENT way of justice and conversion, an Eye for and Eye type thing. Not love your neighbor as yourself and forgive when they do things that hurt you, the whole repay evil with good. This ?OLD THINKING? mentality can be seen in the way they treat woman as not as valuable as a men.

Not trying to offend anyone here but it?s just what I have seen from observing.

Well thank god it is what you observe because from what I've observed that is not the main message. I would call "eye for an eye" an inaccurate description.
It isn't even eye for an eye. Islam is about neutralizing a threat. If someone comes and rapes my daughter, eye for an eye dictates to rape his. From an Islamic perspective having that guy face punishment might be the best option. Different jurists will have differing opinions to the extent of what should be done, but none would advocate raping of the other daughter to "Even things out".
In all those passages where you see death, everyone says "if they cease, then you should cease war and go in peace". From that perspective they could destroy 1/2 the population, and right when you were ready to get your mojo on they surrendered - from a Quranic standpoint (Which is pretty clear) then you should cease as well. Had this been eye for an eye, we would have said fvck it and gone in slaughtering innocents anyways.

So if you do not believe in God in Islam you go to hell. Go cry about it.

For a while yeah...but its still merit based. I'm sure some Muslims will spend some time in hell, and some non Muslims will be expedited into heaven. We really can't say.

And Shingoki, dats tight. Choice indeed