If you're going to make graffiti, don't take pictures of it with your iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
Last week, Anoka County prosecutors charged the second of two people in the case. Dustin (Rush) James Jack, 24, of South St. Paul, faces one count of felony criminal property damage. According to authorities, police found more than 11,000 images of graffiti on his iPhone — all time-, date- and geo-stamped at locations across the Twin Cities.

http://www.startribune.com/local/north/257265901.html

Something tells me this kid is going to owe a lot of money. :colbert:

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
The punishment never fits the crime in these cases. There will be a small fine, probation, and the threat of incarceration if there is a reoccurence.

Meanwhile, it will take thousands of hours of work for property owners and/or the municipality to undo the damage.

The sentence should be to undo the damage. Pure and simple - just restore things to how they were before the vandalism. That's what would be fair IMHO.

natto fire

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2000
Looks like the older kid (24) is going to try to deny it:
[QUOTE=" SHANNON PRATHER , Star Tribune" ]The suspect denied being the graffiti artist, telling investigators he was just someone with an interest who documented other people’s work, according to police. .[/QUOTE]

Seems like a dumb strategy if they have over 100 hours in the investigation, lots of evidence, and the 17 year old kid confessed to the vandalism. Not sure if they do "plea bargains" for juvenile crimes, but you have to imagine the police have got that kid in their pocket as far as a witness.

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
When I was in college, I used to take photos of graffiti too.
I have hundreds of photos.
One time a construction worker asked me if I did it, using an accusatory voice.
After that, I stopped. :)

Unless they are all the same tag or style, he is probably just a collector.
Good luck proving he did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.