If your wife just killed 5 of your kids, would you be able to stay as calm and collected as this guy?

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Maybe it's just me, but I've been watching the husband of the pyscho mom give interview after interview and he is just as calm as a summer breeze. No emotion, no nothing. He seems as though nothing has happened and that everything it OK.

I mean, this guy is treating this whole situation as if someone had just stepped on his shoe by accident. Maybe I wouldn't be so skeptical if he wasn't so quick to jump in front of the cameras, but I know that if it were me, you wouldn't be seeing me giving press conferences and interviews. I'd be somewhere trying hard not to do something to myself over the tragedy!:|

Feb 10, 2000
I think he must feel either consciously or subconsciously that he bears part of the blame here, as his wife had apparently suffered significant post-partum depression after the birth of their fourth child and had attempted suicide. Presumably he wanted to have more kids, or at least was willing to do so, in spite of obvious warning signs that childbirth created serious, dangerous stress on his wife. At this point I imagine he feels it is the least he can do to at least provide emotional support to her.

pulpp

Platinum Member
May 14, 2001
people react to tragedy in different ways, whats getting mad and hysterical gonna change? though i agree with you about jumping on tv to give interviews, i dont think i would be even able to talk after something like this happen let alone give interviews on tv.

Russ

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
That reaction is surprisingly common in these cases. It's one of the symptoms of severe mental trauma.

Russ, NCNE

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
I agree with Yo_Ma-Ma. This guy has to face the fact that he is partly responsible, anyone who knew she was ill and left her alone with those children are. Sometimes guilt and pain just make a person shut down and become a robot. Its not that they don't feel, its that they cannot deal with the pain.

CrazyHelloDeli

Platinum Member
Jun 24, 2001
Well obviously something was seriously wrong in that household with the father AND mother. I bet hes acting numb and uncareing because he is a bible thumping christian, and they all believe everything is Gods will(even the murder of 5 innocent children).

Feb 10, 2000

<< I agree with Yo_Ma-Ma. >>

I think I am hurt :)! Or is this a good-natured rib on my name that I am not privy to? I take my handle from my cat, who is (of course) named after Don Vito Corleone.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< people react to tragedy in different ways, whats getting mad and hysterical gonna change? though i agree with you about jumping on tv to give interviews, i dont think i would be even able to talk after something like this happen let alone give interviews on tv. >>

Well I know that people grieve in different ways, but we're talking 5 PEOPLE! You're own flesh and blood. YOUR KIDS!!! And then, OK let's give a press conference on it. WTF!!!!!! It just sickens me :(

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000

<<

<< I agree with Yo_Ma-Ma. >>

I think I am hurt! Or is this a good-natured rib on my name that I am not privy to? I take my handle from my cat, who is (of course) named after Don Vito Corleone.
>>

ROFL! I am sooo sorry, its late and I am one hot tired woman! Please, please forgive me! :D

Goldenbear, you hush now! Don't make it worse... :eek:

MrChicken

Feb 18, 2000
I wonder if the emotions he has conflict each other. The loss of his kids versus the love for his wife and knowing she did it, but believing that she really wasnt sane when she did it. His kids are gone, and his wife is crazy, and the whole world is watching him and waiting for him to crucify his, who he believes to be &quot;sick&quot;.

If my wife was sane and killed our kids, I'd be mad as hell. If she was not sane, and did it, I'd be sorrowfull for both kids and the wife. He's lost everyone, in a very unusual way, it's hard to say how any body would or should react to that.

Also there is that &quot;in sickness and in health&quot; promise some of us keep.

Scrapster

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 2000
This guy must have issues too. I mean, c'mon, he married this woman. Screwed up people hook up with screwed up people.

hpkeeper

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
he didn't do it... why would he be frantic? maybe he doesn't have much of a choice but to be in front of the cameras... you aren't a celebrity... I hear it's pretty hard to get away from the cameras. Maybe the kids where a pain in the ass and he's just like &quot;good riddance&quot; for cryin' out loud... there where 5 of them... that couldn't have possibly been a pain in the ass.

snakesnfrogs

Banned
Mar 1, 2001

<< I agree with, um let me see....yes, Russ, and even after double checking. >>

LOL. look--up in the sky---the pigs have wings!

Yo Ma Ma

Lifer
Jan 21, 2000
Dammit, someone finally agreed with me and then Don_Vito ruined it ;)

But still, I'd agree with Don_Vito and Russ, the guy is traumatized and probably feeling guilty too.

67gt500

Banned
Jun 17, 2001
some feminist was on television and all she wanted to talk about was the father. Why did he make her have so many children, why did he leave her alone with so many children in her state of mind.. why is he acting the way he is.. she attempted to draw a fairy tale possibility that his references and emotions on camera were an attempt to send her a secret message to keep some secret hidden that they may have.

isn't this country great. throw personal responsibility out with common sense.

thedarkwolf

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
&quot;some feminist was on television and all she wanted to talk about was the father. Why did he make her have so many children, why did he leave
her alone with so many children in her state of mind.. why is he acting the way he is.. she attempted to draw a fairy tale possibility that his
references and emotions on camera were an attempt to send her a secret message to keep some secret hidden that they may have.

isn't this country great. throw personal responsibility out with common sense.&quot;

I think he is somewhat responsible. He knew she was a nut job but kept getting her pregnant and left her alone with them. Did anybody else hear on the news today that she may be pregnant with their 6th kid?

edit

I guess people have heard since I just found the huge thread about it
DOH!

67gt500

Banned
Jun 17, 2001
I admit his tone on television is difficult to understand..

FIVE kids.. ... so sad. I don't see how he can even face the media without balling.

Perhaps there is something going on here that we don't know about.. perhaps I was quick to jump on that feminist..

... hm.