If your where suddenly elected president what would do?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: charrison
Originally posted by: sandorski
Originally posted by: Tabb
Originally posted by: kaizersose
Originally posted by: BOBDN
Originally posted by: nan0bug
Withdrawl all troops and monetary assistance from all parts of the world. Let them sort out their own insignifigant crap. Since we're such bullies, such bad people who only want to set up an empire, I say we just pull out our military from everywhere and hold the fort down while the rest of the world turns to a big steaming pile of crap without our help, or at least until they all come crawling back asking us for money or weapons.

You're a bit confused.

We're the ones in a big steaming pile of crap crawling back asking for money and weapons.

the united states has:
1. the strongest economy in the world
2. the most powerful military in the world
3. the most freely expressive society in the world (despite all of your doomsday prophecies about the usa patriot act)
4. the highest immigration rate in the world

that has got to be the best steaming pile of crap i have EVER seen.

It smells pretty damned good though :D

Not that any of those points matter much, point #4 is incorrect. Highest Total Immigrants/year, most likely, but not highest Rate.

Bob was quite correct in his statement, even if the first 3 points were correct, the US *is* asking for Money and Weapons. It seems being "biggest", "most", "most free", or some other "...est" does not make one Omnipotent.

We are asking, but we are as usual prepared to go alone if needed.

Prepare then. :)

No problem. It wont be the first or the last time US has acted alone to solve problems that exist in the world.
I am sure it will be debated at the UN and france will veto.

The US under the Bush administration acted ALONE to CAUSE the current problem. Now Bush and Co. are crawling back to the UN to BEG for assistance!

Notice the amount this fiasco is going to cost us? Hundreds of billions of dollars!

Next year's deficit, which the White House previously claimed would decline after this year's record $500 BILLION, will actually INCREASE DUE TO BUSH'S IRRESPONSIBLE INVASION OF IRAQ TO AN ESTIMATED $525 BILLION.

When will you people EVER wake up. Obviously NEVER.

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Withdrawl all troops and monetary assistance from all parts of the world. Let them sort out their own insignifigant crap. Since we're such bullies, such bad people who only want to set up an empire, I say we just pull out our military from everywhere and hold the fort down while the rest of the world turns to a big steaming pile of crap without our help, or at least until they all come crawling back asking us for money or weapons.

You're a bit confused.

We're the ones in a big steaming pile of crap crawling back asking for money and weapons.

the united states has:
3. the most freely expressive society in the world (despite all of your doomsday prophecies about the usa patriot act)

Not that any of those points matter much, point #4 is incorrect. Highest Total Immigrants/year, most likely, but not highest Rate.

Bob was quite correct in his statement, even if the first 3 points were correct, the US *is* asking for Money and Weapons. It seems being "biggest", "most", "most free", or some other "...est" does not make one Omnipotent.

No problem. It wont be the first or the last time US has acted alone to solve problems that exist in the world.

The US under the Bush administration acted ALONE to CAUSE the current problem. Now Bush and Co. are crawling back to the UN to BEG for assistance!

Notice the amount this fiasco is going to cost us? Hundreds of billions of dollars!

Next year's deficit, which the White House previously claimed would decline after this year's record $500 BILLION, will actually INCREASE DUE TO BUSH'S IRRESPONSIBLE INVASION OF IRAQ TO AN ESTIMATED $525 BILLION.

I missed the part where we begged the UN to help.

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002

You're a bit confused.

the united states has:

OMG The debt is horrible! Ahhh.... BOBDN how do you fix this problem? :D

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002

You're a bit confused.

the united states has:

Stay tuned genius. It's coming right up.

But even though youl see it you probably won't recognize it since the Bush administration has you BSed into believing they'll "allow" the UN to help.

You will recognize it when the UN's refusal forces us to pay for Bush's fvck up.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002

You're a bit confused.

the united states has:

OMG The debt is horrible! Ahhh.... BOBDN how do you fix this problem? :D

Invent a time machine and stop Bush from stealing the election in 2000.

sillymofo

Banned
Aug 11, 2003
First of all, this is an impossibility, if the last election has shown anything, I won't get "elected" to be president. Rather some oil rich tycoon will by his way into the presidency... ahem...

But if there's a remote chance that I could suddenly become president, the first thing that I would do is to make sure the aliens that abducted bush keeps him there. I would revise the tax brakets, patch up the tax loop holes, and hang the bastards that are raising gasoline prices (energy + enron + cheney + bush + texas+ ..... ahem... once again). That's it for now, and I'll replace the cabinet with victoria's secret models. They would be dubbed ( . )( . ) agents... leave me alone with my thoughts..... :evil:

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999

You're a bit confused.

the united states has:

Stay tuned genius. It's coming right up.

But even though youl see it you probably won't recognize it since the Bush administration has you BSed into believing they'll "allow" the UN to help.

You will recognize it when the UN's refusal forces us to pay for Bush's fvck up.

Any resolution about iraq will be veto'd by france. Because of this there is no point in begging. We will get points for asking the UN and France will be shown to be the unreasonable one after they veto. We will probably get help from Russia, Turkey and maybe india after france vetos the action.

Even if a resolution does pass, I dont see France/Germany sending any help.

sillymofo

Banned
Aug 11, 2003
Originally posted by: nan0bug Withdrawl all troops and monetary assistance from all parts of the world. Let them sort out their own insignifigant crap. Since we're such bullies, such bad people who only want to set up an empire, I say we just pull out our military from everywhere and hold the fort down while the rest of the world turns to a big steaming pile of crap without our help, or at least until they all come crawling back asking us for money or weapons.
You're a bit confused. We're the ones in a big steaming pile of crap crawling back asking for money and weapons.
the united states has: 1. the strongest economy in the world 2. the most powerful military in the world 3. the most freely expressive society in the world (despite all of your doomsday prophecies about the usa patriot act) 4. the highest immigration rate in the world that has got to be the best steaming pile of crap i have EVER seen.
Not that any of those points matter much, point #4 is incorrect. Highest Total Immigrants/year, most likely, but not highest Rate. Bob was quite correct in his statement, even if the first 3 points were correct, the US *is* asking for Money and Weapons. It seems being "biggest", "most", "most free", or some other "...est" does not make one Omnipotent.
No problem. It wont be the first or the last time US has acted alone to solve problems that exist in the world. I am sure it will be debated at the UN and france will veto.
The US under the Bush administration acted ALONE to CAUSE the current problem. Now Bush and Co. are crawling back to the UN to BEG for assistance! Notice the amount this fiasco is going to cost us? Hundreds of billions of dollars! Next year's deficit, which the White House previously claimed would decline after this year's record $500 BILLION, will actually INCREASE DUE TO BUSH'S IRRESPONSIBLE INVASION OF IRAQ TO AN ESTIMATED $525 BILLION. When will you people EVER wake up. Obviously NEVER.
Stay tuned genius. It's coming right up. But even though youl see it you probably won't recognize it since the Bush administration has you BSed into believing they'll "allow" the UN to help. You will recognize it when the UN's refusal forces us to pay for Bush's fvck up.
Any resolution about iraq will be veto'd by france. Because of this there is no point in begging. We will get points for asking the UN and France will be shown to be the unreasonable one after they veto. We will probably get help from Russia, Turkey and maybe india after france vetos the action. Even if a resolution does pass, I dont see France/Germany sending any help.

rather than just quoting the last comment, I decided to quote every one, so I won't be different and to see how long before people would stop quoting the whole freaking message. Quote away.

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Actually, if we follow suit we won't put forward any proposed resolution if it's determined that France would just veto it anyway.

And I have to ask again. If people's critism of France is that they're only interested is getting some 'spoils' of this war...$$$, for you slow people ;)...do you have an opinion on what the reason might be for the US's refusal to relinquish any control over Iraq? Do you think this might have anything to do with getting some 'spoils'?

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: Gaard
Actually, if we follow suit we won't put forward any proposed resolution if it's determined that France would just veto it anyway.

And I have to ask again. If people's critism of France is that they're only interested is getting some 'spoils' of this war...$$$, for you slow people ;)...do you have an opinion on what the reason might be for the US's refusal to relinquish any control over Iraq? Do you think this might have anything to do with getting some 'spoils'?

Probably because we do not mind working with other countries, but we do no want to be under UN control

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002

Probably because we do not mind working with other countries, but we do no want to be under UN control

That, my friend, would fall under the 'putting one's own best interest before that of the Iraqi' category. (You think that 'spoils' has nothing to do with the decision?)

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999

That, my friend, would fall under the 'putting one's own best interest before that of the Iraqi' category. (You think that 'spoils' has nothing to do with the decision?)

Yes, we are sovereign nation. We will not bow to the UN as we do not elected officials representing us there. If member nations want to help, we can work together on that.

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Bow to the UN? I'm not following you on that one.

Not relinquishing any political or military control in Iraq to the UN is strictly a 'sovereign nation' decision and has absolutely nothing to do with 'spoils'?

France's request that the UN be given a larger role in the rebuilding of Iraq is strictly for 'spoils' reasons?

Pers

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Bigdude
Eliminate

social security
welfare
foodstamps
mediacare
foreign aid
dept of education
irs

I would enact

a draft
a flat tax

I would

increase military spending to $2 trillion
incarcerate Muslims in concentration camps

That would be just the 1st day in office!

are you joking?

Pers

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
i'd send every white person to africa and make them be slaves for black people. hahahaa

edit: rename israel to palestine, and remove sharon's only remaining testicle.

oh yeah...and to further piss off you conservative idiots

i'd have clinton stay and he could be dictator of the country.

and it would be illegal to be a republican...of course tht wouldn't be an issue

since every white person would be in africa anyway...and colin powell would be

my personal toilet, and condeliza rice would be executed for being an ugly bitch same with clarence thomas.

the remaining 5% of african americans who choose to support the republican party would be sent

to mexico to cut the mexican people's grass.

wow this is fun... maybe i should pursue this?

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Bow to the UN? I'm not following you on that one.

Not relinquishing any political or military control in Iraq to the UN is strictly a 'sovereign nation' decision and has absolutely nothing to do with 'spoils'?

France's request that the UN be given a larger role in the rebuilding of Iraq is strictly for 'spoils' reasons?

And we have said we will work with countries that are willing to volunteer help. We have said that military control will remain under US command. I dont think keeping military operation under our command is an unreasonable request given we have the most folks there.