If your print job doesn't print the first time

Dracos

Jun 10, 2001
Reminds me of the people that press the down button on the elevator multiple times after its lit or people that get on elevators after u have hit their floor button and they hit it again like it will make the elevator get there faster...

TuxDave

Lifer
Oct 8, 2002
Originally posted by: Dracos
Reminds me of the people that press the down button on the elevator multiple times after its lit or people that get on elevators after u have hit their floor button and they hit it again like it will make the elevator get there faster...

I never understood that and I agree that it's annoying.

pinion9

Banned
May 5, 2005
I hate it when people choose the wrong printer. It especially makes a difference here. We have this girl that prints reports. Generally the reports are 200-250 pages. Once she accidentally chose the wrong laser printer.

The laser printer she chose is used to print X-Ray films. The "paper" (film) for it costs $9/sheet. Hmm...that was about a $2000 mistake.

This has happened more than once.

pinion9

Banned
May 5, 2005
Originally posted by: TuxDave

I never understood that and I agree that it's annoying.

Do most people even know the elevator algorithm? People seem to b!tch about how long they take, as if the elevator should stop what it is doing and pick them up.

R Nilla

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2006
Originally posted by: pinion9
I hate it when people choose the wrong printer. It especially makes a difference here. We have this girl that prints reports. Generally the reports are 200-250 pages. Once she accidentally chose the wrong laser printer.

The laser printer she chose is used to print X-Ray films. The "paper" (film) for it costs $9/sheet. Hmm...that was about a $2000 mistake.

Wow, somebody needs their ass sent to Mars.

jlbenedict

Banned
Jul 10, 2005

Umm... seems like the IT departments mistake. Remove the printer from her profile....
enable the option to not allow users to install printers...

solution solved

pinion9

Banned
May 5, 2005
Originally posted by: jlbenedict

Umm... seems like the IT departments mistake. Remove the printer from her profile....

solution solved

Ahhh..she does need the printer though. She does need to print X-Rays at times.

jlbenedict

Banned
Jul 10, 2005
Originally posted by: jlbenedict

solution solved

Ahhh..she does need the printer though. She does need to print X-Rays at times.

well fvck :p

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
I've seen plenty of elevators without "door close" buttons so if you hit the floor button it closes the door and they're on their way.

But those are also a problem because sometimes people are still getting in and when the first guy hits a floor... boom.

Dracos

Jun 10, 2001
Originally posted by: rh71
I've seen plenty of elevators without "door close" buttons so if you hit the floor button it closes the door and they're on their way.

But those are also a problem because sometimes people are still getting in and when the first guy hits a floor... boom.

Ahhh but here's the catch the elevators at my job do have the door close button and its not too long that after a person enters the elevator on the floor it stopped on that the door closes. I just find it amusing sometimes when they hit the already lit button like the elevator is keeping count on how many people pushed the 1st floor button...:)