If your dog chases people twice or charges your fence it is killed

illustri

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2001
i agree this is EXTREME

but theres alot to be said for keeping well trained dogs
i heard in germany dogs are allowed everywhere, in shops, resturants, etc because they require formal obediance school or some such thing for all pets

i hate untrained pets here

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001
Get a life. Dogs are dogs, not people. If I wanted a pet people I would go to Africa and buy one.

yhelothar

Lifer
Dec 11, 2002
Yes extreme.
I had a pitbull, and it was very friendly. If I lived in that town, my very friendly pitbull would have been taken. Not all pitbulls are aggressive.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Better to kill a rowdy dog with a negligent owner than have it cripple or disfigure a child.

Yes it's the owner's fault not the dog's, but uncontrolled dogs are still a menace.

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
charging a fence? wtf? if it stays behind hte fence i don't see the problem... i mean it's your own personal property and your own dog, nobody else is even involved and it gets put to sleep?

LuNoTiCK

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2001
Originally posted by: gopunk
charging a fence? wtf? if it stays behind hte fence i don't see the problem... i mean it's your own personal property and your own dog, nobody else is even involved and it gets put to sleep?

Yea, I don't see any problem at all with that. Also with 8 Billion Dollars I can buy the entire town. Get the politicians dogs to chase you I wonder how long it will take for the law to be changed.

Slacker

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: HappyPuppy
Get a life. Dogs are dogs, not people. If I wanted a pet people I would go to Africa and buy one.
???????WTF??????? Dude, thats just wrong :|

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I like the idea of watching out for dogs, but surely this won't be excercised properly.

Alchemist99

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2002
I am all for responsible dog ownership and I really don't like dangerous dogs, but charging a fence?
Wtf is this world coming to? If they tried to pull this sh!t with my dogs we would have another Ruby ridge!

Jan 31, 2002
Great, this just opens up the floodgates for another avalanche of Stupid.

Dogs are territorial pack animals. If you walk into someone's house and they have a dog, the dog will want to greet you, as you're on "his turf" interacting with "his pack" - and if he's not allowed to mosey over and check you out, he's not going to be pleased about it.

I think I'm going to take a road trip to Denver, buy a few pounds of steak, and see what kind of settlements I can squeeze out of those inbred ass-backwards dipshits in the political race down there before they repeal that law. :p

- M4H

thedarkwolf

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
Both my dogs would be dead.

My shepard charges the fence to protect her territory and my mutt charges the fence cause he is crazy friendly. Even the crazy friendly mutt scares people that know nothing about dogs.

Doesn't even sound legal to me.

Kilgor

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Slacker

Why is that wrong if you want to buy a person that's where you have to go. You can probably get one in Thailand or the Philippines too. A lot of immigrants that come to the US are living and working like slaves because that?s the price they paid to get here. Just because some countries think owning a human is bad doesn?t mean the rest of the world has to agree.

UserEX

Mar 27, 2004
If people cannot control their pets or lock them up properly, they shouldnt have them.
Its as simply as that.

thedarkwolf

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: UserEX
If people cannot control their pets or lock them up properly, they shouldnt have them.
Its as simply as that.

My dogs are locked up properly thats what the fence is for. If your stupid enough to stick your arm inside the fence and get bit its your fault not mine. Not that either of mine would bite you but it doesn't matter in this town. Dogs are dogs and lots of them charge fences for many reasons. Just around my house I could have atleast half my neighbor 's dogs killed under this stupid law and thats a lot of dogs.

This action just gives more direct power to the courts to decide the fate of an animal in such a situation.

Can't say if I agree or disagree with it.

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
Originally posted by: Kilgor
Originally posted by: Slacker

Why is that wrong if you want to buy a person that's where you have to go. You can probably get one in Thailand or the Philippines too. A lot of immigrants that come to the US are living and working like slaves because that?s the price they paid to get here. Just because some countries think owning a human is bad doesn?t mean the rest of the world has to agree.

You can find them in the US. There was a report on slavery/involuntary servitude in the US a couple weeks ago.

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Not sure if this is what you are taking about...but we had a couple up here in NH charged with forced labor/slavery involving some Jamaican workers...

Link

CONCORD - In a first-of-its kind case in New Hampshire, two Litchfield residents are charged with forcing Jamaican men to work for their tree-cutting business and keeping them in line by confiscating their passports, threatening them, beating them, and turning a dog loose on one of them.

Timothy Bradley, 43, and Kathleen O?Dell, 48, are charged with recruiting four men in Jamaica and bringing them to New Hampshire to work for Bradley Tree Service. Two of the men worked in the spring and summer of 2000. The others worked the following summer, and are the subject of most of the charges in the 21-count federal indictment.

The indictment alleges that after those two men, David H. and Andrew F., came to New Hampshire, Bradley and O?Dell told them if they did not work for them, they would be seriously harmed.

"It was a part of the conspiracy that (Bradley and O?Dell) used threats of harm, deception, physical force, psychological coercion and isolation from others to maintain discipline and to ensure the continued work of David H. and Andrew F.," the indictment said.

The official charges include violations of the federal peonage (servitude) and slavery laws, conspiracy, wire fraud and making false statements to federal investigators.

"I?m not aware of another case of this nature being brought in New Hampshire in the past," Assistant U.S. Attorney Mark Zuckerman said, though others have been prosecuted around the country.

The indictment said the two traveled to Jamaica to recruit the two by promising to pay them $11 an hour, and that as soon as the men arrived, confiscated their passports so they could not leave and made them live in a shed and trailer on their property without adequate heat or plumbing.

Zuckerman said the two also charged the men $50 a week in rent, while paying them only $8 an hour, and did not pay them for all the hours they worked.

Andrew F. suffered unspecified injuries on the job, but was denied medical treatment, the indictment said.

"The injuries were certainly serious enough to have required medical attention," Zuckerman said.

Further, the indictment said O?Dell and Bradley refused to let the men leave their property without permission, refused to let them be away for extended periods and threatened them by saying they were going to hire someone in Jamaica to kill or seriously hurt a former employee who had escaped.

On one day, O?Dell allegedly beat David H., and Bradley allegedly choked him, beat him and ordered his dog to attack him, the indictment said.

O?Dell and Bradley also were charged with recruiting two men the previous spring and summer by promising to pay them $15-$20 an hour, but not paying them more than $8.

Federal agents arrested Bradley and O?Dell on Thursday without incident. They have been released on personal recognizance bail pending trial in June.

The indictment followed a 17-month investigation that involved the FBI, Litchfield police, the State Department and the U.S. attorney?s office. Zuckerman said authorities learned of the situation in the late summer or early fall of 2001.

Slacker

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I cant believe what I am reading here, owning people? wtf is this 1850? or 2004 :|