If you were to kill a man.......

DaTT

Garage Moderator
Feb 13, 2003
.....as he lay on his death bed ready to be exucuted by the state by lethal injection, do you get charged with murder?

Shawn

Lifer
Apr 20, 2003
Yes. Why would you kill him if he's about to be killed anyway?

DaTT

Garage Moderator
Feb 13, 2003
It certainly would be an interesting court case.

DainBramaged

Lifer
Jun 19, 2003
Originally posted by: cKGunslinger
Originally posted by: BigJ
Originally posted by: notfred
You get charged with being a fvcking idiot.

Oh how I wish that was an actual charge.

:laugh: Talk about overflowing prisons.

We would have to start instituting the 3 hour death penalty. Sentence to ashes in 3 hours, China style.

CKent

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
I really hate these retarded what-if topics. If I were bored enough to be thinking something like "Gee, I wonder if I had a Lamborghini, and I was driving it around on the ice in Antarctica, and Jessica Alba drove by and told me to stand on my head and juggle paperclips --- would I put my coffee down on the console or on the roof before doing the headstand?", I'd slap myself and go find something to do, not fscking post about it.

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005
Originally posted by: RBachman
I really hate these retarded what-if topics. If I were bored enough to be thinking something like "Gee, I wonder if I had a Lamborghini, and I was driving it around on the ice in Antarctica, and Jessica Alba drove by and told me to stand on my head and juggle paperclips --- would I put my coffee down on the console or on the roof before doing the headstand?", I'd slap myself and go find something to do, not fscking post about it.

Please, tell us how you really feel.

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999

I vote the console.

CKent

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Originally posted by: cKGunslinger

I vote the console.

That's what I was thinking as well. It could get cold too fast on the roof and conceivably mar the paint.

thirtythree

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Shawn
Because a man with a rare blood type (which the prisoner also happens to have) who's sueing you for millions over a book you wrote is in need of an organ transplant. Poison him so the man can't use the prisoner's organs. Yeah.

Kyanzes

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2005
No, you won't get charged, if... you had been charged earlier for killing him, found guilty and you served your time. (Assuming that he disappeared and in his absence you had been found guilty.). I mean it's a classic. To my knowledge, no one could be charged twice for the same crime.

Paddington

Jun 26, 2006
Technically yes you've committed murder, but realistically they might charge you with a lesser crime.

You wouldn't get off free, I'm certain of that.

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
Originally posted by: SlitheryDee
Yeah but that about this? Only slightly relevant but a good read nevertheless.

There's actually a variation on that written in one of the newspapers in Hitman Blood Money

thirtythree

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2001
Originally posted by: EyeMWing
Originally posted by: SlitheryDee
Yeah but that about this? Only slightly relevant but a good read nevertheless.

There's actually a variation on that written in one of the newspapers in Hitman Blood Money
That death is also acted out at the beginning of the movie Magnolia.

thoro86

Banned
Jun 8, 2006
Originally posted by: thirtythree
Because a man with a rare blood type (which the prisoner also happens to have) who's sueing you for millions over a book you wrote is in need of an organ transplant. Poison him so the man can't use the prisoner's organs. Yeah.

lol, that's an interesting case :p

thirtythree

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2001
Originally posted by: thoro86
Originally posted by: thirtythree

lol, that's an interesting case :p
It's an episode of Monk.