• Yes

• No

• I wanted to vote even though I have no input

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
anonymous poll.

Say you were in the Mechwarrior beta...does it seem like it's worth $120?

A little bitter after my SW:TOR experience.

greenhawk

Platinum Member
Feb 23, 2011
you could just wait for it to go open beta and play to find out. No point buying a founders package unless you want the items on offer. And access to the closed beta is a little pointless when it is open beta about the 7th of this month.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Supposedly August 7th is just going to be the second stage of the closed beta and not open.

SLU Aequitas

Golden Member
Jul 13, 2007
Is it worth it from an item/reward-to-dollar standpoint? No, you only grab one extra month of premium and no extra in-game currency, and the founder's mechs are all stock variants with a 50% boost.

On the other hand, from a Battletech perspective, I'm happy to support the game. The core game itself is pretty solid, it's going to come down to their metagame implementation, which based on everything they've brought up so far, and the core game experience, I was confident enough to put down $120. I'll have to sacrifice one of the generic FPS games coming out #firstworldproblems

DrunkenSano

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2008
Open Beta is probably still a ways away and $120 isn't for buying stuff in the game, it's if you are a MechWarrior/BattleTech fan and wish to support the game. It's been a long time since a good and up to date MW game came out.

maniacalpha1-1

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2010
Does anyone think that this kind of game will ever go MMO(even if that's 10 years from now) and be put into an integrated battlefield? That means infantry, jets, tanks, and last but not least, mechs, all fighting at once.

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
and the founder's mechs are all stock variants with a 50% boost.

With a 25% C-Bill generation boost.

NO Experience boost.

A Premium Account, whilst active, will give a 50% boost to both experience and C-Bill generation.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
thanks all.

I'll just stick to seeing what happens when open beta starts and buy premium if I like it.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
I bought the legendary pack. I originally had the elite, but after getting in and playing I upgraded. I found I liked using all the different classes and having the founders for each would be a big plus not just for the 25% currency earning but also because each one has its own garage slot and since they are the prime version of those mechs they unlock the variants right away for buying/using. I know I'll be playing this game for some time, between having a solid line of mechs to make cash quicker with and making starting off easier I figured it was well worth it.

greenhawk

Platinum Member
Feb 23, 2011
Does anyone think that this kind of game will ever go MMO(even if that's 10 years from now) and be put into an integrated battlefield? That means infantry, jets, tanks, and last but not least, mechs, all fighting at once.

As I understand it, the current game engine can not support that many players at once.

Secondly, if the developers keep to the BattleTech universe, those things will not be seen. The BattleTech universe has it's own versions called

Elementals, AeroSpace fighters and vechiles (covering wheeled, tracked and hover).

maniacalpha1-1

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2010
As I understand it, the current game engine can not support that many players at once.

Secondly, if the developers keep to the BattleTech universe, those things will not be seen. The BattleTech universe has it's own versions called

Elementals, AeroSpace fighters and vechiles (covering wheeled, tracked and hover).

That's why I was saying even if 10 years from now...and also, I'm thinking Planetside 2, if successful, should motivate at least a few franchises to go MMOFPS. But it will take 2-3 years for them to react...

Also, I meant the equivalents of those things. That would be awesome...of course, Warhammer could do it too, they've got the same kind of equipment.