If You Were A Billionaire What Would You Do With Your Money?

Gizmo j

Nov 9, 2013
I would spend most of it building boarding schools for orphans and foster kids.

I would also like to buy a huge apartment complex and fill it with people born in 1994 (my birth year).

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Some niceties for myself, probably find a way to leverage it to combat climate change in whatever way I could. 1B really isn't that much, so maybe just hire people to kill off some really bad offenders.

Maybe open an animal shelter. Really big one with cat trees.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I would probably spend it day drinking high end scotch. I mean, why not... a lot of the people in the P&N forum seem to think that I'm day drinking already :)

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I would spend most of it building boarding schools for orphans and foster kids.

I would also like to buy a huge apartment complex and fill it with people born in 1994 (my birth year).

I figured that you would start a GPU foundry. We could actually use one right now! Forget working for NVidia... when you BE the next NVidia!

I'd be looking forward to getting GizmoTech(TM) GPU's in my next gaming console!

Dr. Detroit

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2004
Buy massive swaths of land in South America & Africa and create eco-tourism villages, long trails, and restore the land by giving the locals quality jobs.

Buy a medium sized yacht - 65ft or so and cruise the Caribbean when I'm not hanging at one of my eco-tourism hostel/lodge/campgrounds.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
I would commission the singer JoJo to write a cadenza for Mozart's concertos, starting with the 20th. Don't give a fuck if she prefers R&B. Her intuition is right up there with Herr Mozart himself.

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
The same thing I do now but on a grander scale. Securing my families future wealth then philanthropy through charitable causes. In that order.....is there any other way?

Last edited:

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I'd put it in R&D for energy storage, small scale (mobile batteries) and large scale (grid power) and fund a company to manufacture it once a product is researched and viable. Oh and carbon capture tech too. I'd probably look at starting an EV company as well to have a source of income to keep all the projects going. My goal would be to try to actually do something about climate change.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
You can do "Computer for Schools" like Bill Gates did back in the day, but with Instant Pots.

I do Lunch & Learns with work clients; I think I've sold 50+ Instapots at this point, I wish I had gotten commission! lol. I think every single one of my food service clients have one if not three or more IP's in use at this point. The time, labor, and mental energy savings in commercial environments are outstanding! Not to mention overcoming the learning curve at home. I have a lot of bodybuilder friends who use them now, as stuff like chicken, sweet potatoes, brown rice, and broccoli are ridiculous easy to make & come out perfect every time, as well as super easy, hands-free automated, repeatable cooking for individuals & families.

I do cooking sessions with my nephews sometimes. My goal is to have them be fully independent food-wise by the time they graduate, in terms of being able to maximize the Instant Pot to provide them with cheap, awesome food. Not to mention it's great for dating - girls don't want hunks, they want FOOD! Feed them & you'll suddenly have a girlfriend, haha! My go-to cheap date back in the day was always introducing people to dipping fries in Frosties at Wendy's, but I wish I had had an Instant Pot for easy meals at home! Now that I've gotten used to training people how to cook, doing little Instant Pot get-togethers (well, pre-COVID, anyway) is actually pretty fun!

Waxing on about this stuff, I didn't really realize how important food was for most of my life. The average family of four spends over $7,000 a year on food. Food controls our mood & our energy and contributes to our motivation & our happiness immensely! Think about the last time you went too long without food (get angry or withdrawn?) or having a crappy meal instead of a yummy one that you actually look forward to, or remember the last time you had a good home-cooked meal or looked forward to your favorite dish from your favorite take-out place.

It's so integrated into our lives, yet largely invisible, and for me at least, is constantly a HUGE chore to have to deal with, which is why I get so excited about great tools like the Instant Pot, because once you get through that initial rite-of-passage & start making pasta & desserts & chilis & everything with it, it's absolutely AWESOME because you start saving money, feeling great all the time, being happier because you're well-fed, have leftovers you actually look forward to eating, etc.! Although my latest BFF has been my Anova Oven. I've done a lot with it since, but this is a good article where I go over how I like to use it:

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
maxresdefault.jpg

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I would buy the entire Nathan's hot dogs company, change the recipe, and make it a mix of pork and beef.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: dank69

Denly

Golden Member
May 14, 2011
Buy a farm, those 100 acre one and put it back to forest and wild plain land. Setup a foundation for rescue cats/dogs and farm animal sanctuary. All income go back to run the place.

Then pickup my backpack.

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
lol you idiots all talking about filling it up with bunch of crap to do - most of them are utterly insane in terms of responsibility.

If I were a billionaire - I'd retire asap and move my parents closer to me. I'd live anywhere I want - so will have to do some reserach

This will keep me busy for quite some time. Then I'm off to doing nothing or traveling.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I'd take 1% and go have fun, do some economic stimulus in places that need it. The rest would be used to set up something like nonprofits to provide, care and assist for the kids who lost family to opiates and covid19. Then two side efforts, one to help out all the caretakers who have been fighting for those they love while struggling in silence themselves, and the other for single elderly people who are alone, bankrupt and homeless after medical costs ruined them.

Anything left over would be applied to local heating and food assistance programs.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Setup a charitable trust for $990B. Retire on $10M. Spend the rest of my life figuring out how to give away $990B responsibly. Sounds kinda like a drag.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
lol you idiots all talking about filling it up with bunch of crap to do - most of them are utterly insane in terms of responsibility.

If I were a billionaire - I'd retire asap and move my parents closer to me. I'd live anywhere I want - so will have to do some reserach

This will keep me busy for quite some time. Then I'm off to doing nothing or traveling.

But would you also buy an Instant Pot?

• Haha
Reactions: Captante