if you live in SD, NEVER GO TO SAMWOO RESTURAUNT!!

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
It's a chinese resturaunt off of clairemont mesa and convoy, inside of 99 ranch market.

First, we have to CALL them that we're ready (after we waited 5 minutes.) It wasn't that busy, and the waiters were socializing amongst themselves.

they get our order wrong.
make fun of us in chinese, thinking my roommate woulnd't understand them.

they just basically place our food on one end of the table, and we had to get our own food from that end so the food can be in front of us to eat it.

food is ok though...

they gave less meat to my roommate who complained about getting the order wrong.

so our meal was 33 bucks (we had 3 people)...we placed 2 twenties.

They give us 7 dollars in change....ALL IN ONES.

phokkers, they're not gonna force us to give them a three dollar tip.

we left them a penny and walked out.

As soon as we walk out, the waitress that served us chases us down outside and goes "hello, why didn't you give me any tip?"

WTF..i told my roommate and my friend to ignore her and we ran off.

ugh...

this other time i had a 6 dollar change...all in 2 dollar bills so they can force me to give a 4 dollar tip instead of 2...i gave them nothing....their service is utterly horrible

EDIT:
sorry, lol i meant 33 hehehe not 23...

pillage2001

Lifer
Sep 18, 2000
Originally posted by: DanTMWTMP
It's a chinese resturaunt off of clairemont mesa and convoy, inside of 99 ranch market.

First, we have to CALL them that we're ready (after we waited 5 minutes.) It wasn't that busy, and the waiters were socializing amongst themselves.

they just basically place our food on one end of the table, and we had to get our own food from that end so the food can be in front of us to eat it.

food is ok though...

they gave less meat to my roommate who complained about getting the order wrong.

so our meal was 23 bucks (we had 3 people)...we placed 2 twenties.

As soon as we walk out, the waitress that served us chases us down outside and goes "hello, why didn't you give me any tip?"

ugh...

WTF?

atom

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 1999

Eh, is that a typo?

ggavinmoss

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2001
Never been into the "reastaurant" but I've shortened my life with their takeout. Sorry you had a bad experience, but you'll recover, I imagine.

-geoff

sygyzy

Lifer
Oct 21, 2000
I am so confused. How does giving you change in ones force you to leave a $7 tip?

alm99

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2000

food is ok though...

ugh...

this other time i had a 6 dollar change...all in 2 dollar bills so they can force me to give a 4 dollar tip instead of 2...i gave them nothing....their service is utterly horrible

Am I bad at math or something beacuse to me it seems as though you should have gotten seventeen in change.

two twenties = $40
Cost of meal = $23
Cash back = $7

Yeah, maybe you shouldn't have ran away so fast

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
i dunno what you described doesn't sound that bad. although they did rip you off of 10 bucks :p

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
Originally posted by: ggavinmoss
Never been into the "reastaurant" but I've shortened my life with their takeout. Sorry you had a bad experience, but you'll recover, I imagine.

-geoff

well, the other sam woo resturaunts in rowland hts and montebello are nice and have great service..it's just this lousy SD resturaunt that is so bad.

but heck..i can't resist their takeout...5 bucks and it covers two meals....

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Somehow I think you and your friends were the problem here, not the restaurant.

I have many times gotten all ones in change at the register where I could see all they had was $10, $20, higher and ones. You eat out enough it's not uncommon....I don't see how getting 7 ones is trying to force you in to a $3 tip :confused:....I'd have tipped $5 at the least.

The fact that your noticed less meat, them talking in chinese, having to call them, etc makes me think you pulled the "hey I am important we've waited FIVE you count them 1-2-3-4-5 minutes" and you got some asian's p!ssed.

sort of libel against the restaurant, I dont know, but in california I think it'd be enough for the restaurant to drum up a lawsuit.

Å

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
Originally posted by: alkemyst

I have many times gotten all ones in change at the register where I could see all they had was $10, $20, higher and ones. You eat out enough it's not uncommon....I don't see how getting a ten and 7 ones is trying to force you in to a $3 tip :confused:....I'd have tipped $5 at the least.

The fact that your noticed less meat, them talking in chinese, having to call them, etc makes me think you pulled the "hey I am important we've waited FIVE you count them 1-2-3-4-5 minutes" and you got some asian's p!ssed.

sort of libel against the restaurant, I dont know, but in california I think it'd be enough for the restaurant to drum up a lawsuit.

Å

yea i sort of agree... it's not that big of a deal to call them over... and it's not a huge deal that they didn't place your food directly in front of you. and all ones? come on...

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
Originally posted by: gopunk

I have many times gotten all ones in change at the register where I could see all they had was $10, $20, higher and ones. You eat out enough it's not uncommon....I don't see how getting a ten and 7 ones is trying to force you in to a $3 tip :confused:....I'd have tipped $5 at the least.

Å

yea i sort of agree... it's not that big of a deal to call them over... and it's not a huge deal that they didn't place your food directly in front of you. and all ones? come on...

well, it's ok if they're busy..but they were socializing for awhile...

and we don't have to repeat our order 3 times just to have them say it back to us correctly.."duck noodle soup please".."bbq duck dish 12 pieces?".."noo...duck..noodle soup"... ..and guess what..they give us the other one...wtf....

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001

Å

and we don't have to repeat our order 3 times just to have them say it back to us correctly.."duck noodle soup please".."bbq duck dish 12 pieces?".."noo...duck..noodle soup"... ..and guess what..they give us the other one...wtf....

were they fobs? did you speak in chinese or english? i might be wrong, but it just seems unlikely that they would repeat your order incorrectly just to spite you... sounds like they just couldn't understand you guys.

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001

Å

were they fobs? did you speak in chinese or english? i might be wrong, but it just seems unlikely that they would repeat your order incorrectly just to spite you... sounds like they just couldn't understand you guys.

i knw..but in the resturaunt business, you need top quality service....my complaints are trivial....
they probably couldn't understand us..but why hire someone who can't then?.....and to make fun of us after they got it wrong?
they said "i wish they can speak chinese, it's not my fault...this new generation is dumb...can you believe that guy who complained...geeze". <---translation courtesy of my roommate...he was flaming afterwards....

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
i know the place your talking about, but ive never been. my best friend's parents own a restaurant up here in carlsbad, and the food and service is always excellent.