If you like Contemporary Christian music, please come in...

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
One of my dad's friend's sons wrote/sung/performed this song and put the video on youtube.

He's a budding artist, so I would appreciate it if you just took a look.

If you like it, please comment as such on youtube.

If not, don't.

If have you have constructive criticism, feel free to post that too.

Thanks.

VIDEO

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
Originally posted by: GTaudiophile
Thanks to whomever gave this thread five stars.

Whoever.

Whomever would apply to a question that refers to a "him" or "her".

/flexes grammer muscles

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999
Originally posted by: Aflac

Whoever.

/flexes grammer muscles
Oops, I think you may have pulled that particular muscle. ;)

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001

Whoever.

/flexes grammer muscles

You just saw that on The Office.

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
Originally posted by: BlinderBomber

Whoever.

/flexes grammer muscles

I don't watch The Office.

and that was intentional, if you were wondering :Q

Mar 11, 2004
Originally posted by: BlinderBomber

Whoever.

/flexes grammer muscles

I don't watch The Office.

and that was intentional, if you were wondering :Q

Sure it was. ;)

LtPage1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2004
I may have giggled at the lyrics.

But hey- he's a very solid guitarist, who can sing on-key while playing, and that's not easy. :) Tell him to keep up the good work.

RGN

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2000
Well... I thought that was ok. If he really wrote the music and the lyrics, he has potential. It was good enough for me to listen all the way through, which is more than I can say for a lot of the inspirational genera today.

But... Here is the constructive criticism.

'Rain' as the mode is overdone. Its been beat to death. Its emo. Ozzy's new song is called 'Black Rain' it sucks and its Ozzy we're talking about. If he doesn't know Ozzy, he doesn't know the business, inspirational or not.

The single guy with a guitar, acoustic or not, is played out in the Christian music circle. He needs to become a group, create a sound that makes the inspirational circles excited. Something they haven't heard before.
Maybe something they have, but they need to change the message. Everyone, anyone can do praise music.

But, he has some talent. He should keep going and *not* listen to the mainstream inspirational goofballs.

rockyct

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2001
Originally posted by: RGN
Well... I thought that was ok. If he really wrote the music and the lyrics, he has potential. It was good enough for me to listen all the way through, which is more than I can say for a lot of the inspirational genera today.

But... Here is the constructive criticism.

'Rain' as the mode is overdone. Its been beat to death. Its emo. Ozzy's new song is called 'Black Rain' it sucks and its Ozzy we're talking about. If he doesn't know Ozzy, he doesn't know the business, inspirational or not.

The single guy with a guitar, acoustic or not, is played out in the Christian music circle. He needs to become a group, create a sound that makes the inspirational circles excited. Something they haven't heard before.
Maybe something they have, but they need to change the message. Everyone, anyone can do praise music.

But, he has some talent. He should keep going and *not* listen to the mainstream inspirational goofballs.

I think David Crowder Band is a good example of that. The core is him with a guitar, but his stuff is all over the place. Not everyone likes him, but I think he's one of the most creative artists in mainstream Christian music both in his style and his lyrics. I liked Chris Tomlin and the like at first, but it's getting pretty old now. I still like Derek Webb though, but he's not really mainstream as his lyrics can be pretty brutally honest.

Anyway, I do agree that this guy has talent but it's going to be very hard for him to make a place in the CCM industry.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Technically he seems to be ok, but I just can't take the genre seriously. Best of luck to him...