If you know anything about fixing cars, please read this and see if you can give me a hand...

Spoooon

Lifer
Mar 3, 2000
The left turn signal on my car doesn't blink. The right one works fine, the hazard lights work, and the left one will turn on, but it just won't blink. I can make it blink by flipping the turn signal lever down and up. I've changed the turn signal bulb, checked the fuses, and changed the flasher. Any ideas?

WombatWoman

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2000
This might be caused by a bad electrical connection at the base of the steering column (at the point where the wiring goes up into the turn signal switch.) You can check the individual wire connections with a multimeter.

Spoooon

Lifer
Mar 3, 2000
If any of you are interested, the problem was fixed. I found another flasher. I didn't know that there would be 2 of them. One was for the hazards, and one for the turn signals. I had replaced the one for the hazards. I replaced the correct one, and it worked. Then I took it to the inspection place. My inspection sticker expired 3/99. Everything was going smoothly... until a turn signal light went out. $@#%#@*%#! But, the guy replaced it and passed my car.