If you have HDTV and pay for locals, you need to get.

BAMAVOO

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
A Zenith Silver Sensor. This thing brings in all kinds of OTA channels and I am 25 miles from where they are located! I have Dish HD and just had to see if I could pull the locals. I searched the web and saw good things about this little antenna that could and man were they right!!!!!

Originally posted by: BAMAVOO
A Zenith Silver Sensor. This thing brings in all kinds of OTA channels and I am 25 miles from where they are located! I have Dish HD and just had to see if I could pull the locals. I searched the web and saw good things about this little antenna that could and man were they right!!!!!
Is it a rooftop antenna? Link? If it fits indoors it'd be sweet.

EDIT: nevermind, found a link to a spec sheet: Text

BAMAVOO

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: jumpr

It is cool as you don't even have to plug it in. I have it sitting on top of my wall overlooking downstairs. Well it is kind of pointed out the skylight :D

I tried a cheapo powered one from Wal-Mart, but this thing just owns it!

BAMAVOO

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I wanted it quickly, so I bought it at Sears for $39.99 plus tax. :) They sell them on the web for aound $27-30 shipped.

faZZter

Golden Member
Feb 21, 2001
I hear that is a good antenna but their is only one local channel broadcasting HDTV in my area, so for me it isn't worth it.

BAMAVOO

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
It also brings in analog. Even if the stations are not HDTV they may be broadcasting in Digital, which looks good as well.

richardycc

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2001

It is cool as you don't even have to plug it in. I have it sitting on top of my wall overlooking downstairs. Well it is kind of pointed out the skylight :D

you don't have to plug it in??

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Originally posted by: Electrode
Terk TV35 > *

I'm in Michigan and I can pick up stations from Chicago...

They'd string you up in most forums for suggesting ANYTHING made by Terk. :p

BAMAVOO

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: richardycc

Nope, it is not plugged in.

you don't have to plug it in??

BAMAVOO

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Electrode
Terk TV35 > *

I'm in Michigan and I can pick up stations from Chicago...

That is also an outdoor antenna. This one just plugs into the receiver and is sitting behind my HDTV :D

KingNothing

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2002
So, you say it brings in analog signals, but I can't find any confirmation of this online. My parents need a good antenna for their TV, but they don't need HDTV reception of any kind. Would this still be a good buy?

BAMAVOO

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: KingNothing
So, you say it brings in analog signals, but I can't find any confirmation of this online. My parents need a good antenna for their TV, but they don't need HDTV reception of any kind. Would this still be a good buy?

I did a scan for DTV and ATV. Found channels on both, that is all I can tell you :D

I am not responsible if you spend 30 or 40 bucks and it doesn't work for you ;)

Oct 19, 2000
Hmmm, thinking of picking this one up. I've been looking for a decent indoor HDTV receiver. I'm about 20 or so miles away from the antennas (directly up the interstate actually). Amazon has it for $24.99, and it's eligible for free shipping IF you can get something else to make it $25. Anyone know of the cheapest product on Amazon?

Also, what kind of input does this thing have? Is it component, DVI, what? I'm not familiar with OTA antennas at all, so you'll have to excuse my lapse of intelligence.

AlexWade

Sep 27, 2003
I get mine from the cable company free for a year; it was a promo when I bought mine for the SuperBowl. All I pay for my cable is $3.95/month for the box. Sweet.

Of course I get 200+ channels, which sucks because 99.9999999999999% of the time, nothing good is on. But I did get NickToons, which I like.

BAMAVOO

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: blurredvision
Hmmm, thinking of picking this one up. I've been looking for a decent indoor HDTV receiver. I'm about 20 or so miles away from the antennas (directly up the interstate actually). Amazon has it for $24.99, and it's eligible for free shipping IF you can get something else to make it $25. Anyone know of the cheapest product on Amazon?

Also, what kind of input does this thing have? Is it component, DVI, what? I'm not familiar with OTA antennas at all, so you'll have to excuse my lapse of intelligence.

I screw it into the coax antenna input on my dish network hdtv receiver and then over to the tv using component or DVI depending on what the tv supports. For me it is component.
No dvi on my hdtv :(

Oct 19, 2000

I screw it into the coax antenna input on my dish network hdtv receiver and then over to the tv using component or DVI depending on what the tv supports. For me it is component.
Ahhhh, so you have to already have an HD box in order to get the digital channels? Makes sense I guess. I for some reason entertained the possibility that the antenna would have the cords to plug directly into component or DVI. I have DirecTV at the moment, and hoping to add a high-def box when they come down in price (which looks like it's happening as we speak). Do I absolutely need a high-def box in order to use this antenna to it's full potential?

BAMAVOO

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

Ahhhh, so you have to already have an HD box in order to get the digital channels? Makes sense I guess. I for some reason entertained the possibility that the antenna would have the cords to plug directly into component or DVI. I have DirecTV at the moment, and hoping to add a high-def box when they come down in price (which looks like it's happening as we speak). Do I absolutely need a high-def box in order to use this antenna to it's full potential?

I would think so, unless you have a hdtv that is hd capable and not just hd ready.

Staples

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2001
I bought mine from Solid Signal. I don't know if it was the cheapest but first hit on google and I don't think it could be much less then $25 if I looked around. It was $8 for shipping though. I get all the local digital broadcasts (except UPN which supposedly broadcasts but I have seen no evidence of it) but I wish it had a swivel base because I have to turn it to get different channels. I tried to use it for an analog antenna before I had the HDTV (got the TV on Mon and the antenna on Fri) but for some reason I couldn't get channel 4 and 5 (NBC and CBS) but it worked decent for ever other channel.