If you go to <PENN STATE> READ THIS!

bignateyk

Lifer
Apr 22, 2002
As anyone who goes to Penn State knows, there is a bandwidth cap of 1.5gb up and 1.5gb down / week. To avoid this, anything downloaded within the PSU network (all campuses included) does not count against bandwidth. A few of us decided to set up an IRC channel which only let people from PSU in.

If you are interested, you can find details at http://www27.brinkster.com/bignateyk2/

We are looking to start a nice community there. As of now we have about 6 or 7 hundred GB shared between like 5 or 6 users.

mithrandir2001

Diamond Member
May 1, 2001
I WENT to Penn State (who kicked Nebraska's puny little butt, I must add) and I need to extend my condolences for the transfer cap. Back in the day, I connected to the CAC network at 2400 baud which means it would have taken me all year to exceed 1.5GB. You kids have it tough. Have fun!

NeoV

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2000
prepare to be rolled, again, by the Buckeyes in about a month.....

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
Originally posted by: dethman
penn state SUCKS!!!
You go to Pitt or something? 'Cause that's exactly what the people here at Pitt would say. Personally I think it's just jealousy because Pitt wishes it was in the Big Ten and had the ability to run with the Big Dogs.

The Buckeyes are going to roll over Penn State though. Tressel's got it together in a way that Coop never did.

ZV <--You can take me out of Ohio, but you can't take Ohio out of me.

xyion

Jan 20, 2001
I go to PSU, and lived in the dorms last year. Its not hard to get around the cap. All you have to do is set up an FTP on your box, go to the labs, d/l what you want, then upload to your computer from the labs. No sweat. Your computer in the room will also run faster if you go through the lab proxy. Have fun.

lupohki

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
I commute to Penn State for grad school .. what do I get out of this? :disgust: