If you cut your hair more often does it grow back faster????

AUMM

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2001
im not talkin bout shaving, like if i get a hair cut like every other day will it grow back faster and thicker??

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Yes of course. Every time a dead hair is cut it lets out a blood curdling scream which signals the hair folicle to grow grow grow.

Madcowz

Platinum Member
Jul 23, 2000
Many people would tell you that the claim of shaving and cutting more often makes your hair grow back faster/thicker is just a wifes tail but I believe on the contrary. I say this because of experience & know of many other's with similar experiences

bacillus

Lifer
Jan 6, 2001

<< If you cut your hair more often does it grow back faster???? >>

doubt it! why would you want to get a haircut every other day anyway??

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Sad to say there are some people who cut their hair so often that they have to keep kutting and cutting because the hair starts growing as fast as you can squeeze spegetti noodles out of a pasta press. A good pair of shears can grow hair at about a foot a minute.

AUMM

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2001
well i dont cut my hair everyother day, more like once a week, but i have like a zero fade so i look kinda dirty wen my hair starts to grow out, i try not to cut it too often cuz i was always told it would grow back faster if you cut it more

SmokeyTheBear

Jun 7, 2001
<Yes of course. Every time a dead hair is cut it lets out a blood curdling scream which signals the hair folicle to grow grow grow.>
LOL

I think the speed at which your hair grows depends a lot on what you eat. If you eat well balanced meals, it'll grow faster ;)

element

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Did you know your hair grows even after you die? True fact. Not for long though.

Tauren

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2001
Yes and I have some wonderful swam...re...land for sale in Florida. Interested??;)

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Short answer: no.

Long answer: Your hair is dead as a doornail once it exits your head, therefore nothing you do will make it grow back any faster or thicker. I have heard that folic acid supplementation will make your hair grow faster, as will warmer summer weather. As a cyclist, I shave my legs in the summer when I'm racing most weekends (easier to clean up road rash with shorn legs...pulling adhesive bandages off gorilla legs really f**king hurts). I do not shave them during the winter when not racing and therefore not likely to crash. I have repeated this shave/don't shave yearly cycle for about 10 years and my legs have the same amount of fur at the end of the winter as they always have.

Fausto

mk52

Aug 8, 2000
sure it grows faster
so by the time you get 90 you can watch it grow in realtime :D

ElPool

Oct 11, 2000
no. faulsto1 is correct. while hair you shave off doesnt actually grow in faster, it can sometimes SEEM like its growing in faster, because it grows in much more uniformly, so it feels weird when you rub your hand across it, and it can itch alot more.

raven82

Mar 30, 2001
isn't there an old wives tale that tell of something like this. like once you shave your face, it won't stop growing?

jamison

Platinum Member
Mar 7, 2001
When you start shaving I remember I only had to once a week. Then I had to shave every 5 days, then every 3 days, and finally, everyday.

The hair would grow in faster but then it leveled off and once a day is suitable. I am by no means intelligent on this subject, but I do know I had to shave more and more as time progressed.

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
It's called changes in hormone levels affecting how furry you are. You may be having some new &quot;feelings&quot; regarding girls as well.

Welcome to puberty.:D

Fausto

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
seems like it to me. Then again, I didn't really pay much attention to how my hair looked before I started getting it cut really often.

Hamburgerpimp

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2000
By that reasoning, if you cut your hair everyday, you'd have it about 20 feet long in no time.:confused: