If you could have one night out on the town with a member here

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Amused is the only Cult leader here, so he's more likely to have an entourage. So choosing him allows meeting other AT members, hypothetically. However, ask yourself this question:

If you choose Amused and there is an Entourage you Win Bigly, but if there is no Entourage you at least get to meet Amused. However, if you don't choose Amused and there is an Entourage you Lose Bigly, but if there is no Entourage you didn't even get to meet Amused. Given this, can you really risk choosing anyone else?

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
Amused is the only Cult leader here, so he's more likely to have an entourage. So choosing him allows meeting other AT members, hypothetically.

what about oldsmoboat? who knows how many people are currently in his basement?

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
what about oldsmoboat? who knows how many people are currently in his basement?

They are there for a reason. I can assure you that they deserve that fate. Why risk getting thrown into his basement with those who deserve it, especially when the people in there are unlikely to be the people you want to meet?

Reactions: brianmanahan

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
They are there for a reason. I can assure you that they deserve that fate. Why risk getting thrown into his basement with those who deserve it, especially when the people in there are unlikely to be the people you want to meet?

true, you make a great deal of sense

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
Why but of course i would pick @Mayne are you even kidding me ?? It would be .. wait ... he's on meds yeah ? If he's on meds, i pick Mayne.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
Probably someone who can talk a lot since I'm not that great at conversation.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Why but of course i would pick @Mayne are you even kidding me ?? It would be .. wait ... he's on meds yeah ? If he's on meds, i pick Mayne.

I honestly tried to get Mayne to come down for a week or two but he claims that he is banned from crossing the border, lol.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
I'd be up for an NYC or Phili metro meetup. I have no doubt that I'll regret it, but WTF. I don't really mind getting sh*t from you all. :eek:

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Is Philly one of those places where you can get "Hot Brown", I believe that is the only appropriate lunch for ATOT, and, sadly, though he would not make it, for Mayne!

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Is Philly one of those places where you can get "Hot Brown", I believe that is the only appropriate lunch for ATOT, and, sadly, though he would not make it, for Mayne!
I think a hot brown is a Kentucky specialty.