If you could fire/get rid of one person at your job who would it be and why?

BooGiMaN

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
For me it would be this guy who asks me stupid ass questions everyday.
He is from another country but has been here forever.

he will ask me...yeah umm how do you cook eggs here in america?

then ill tell him boiled fried etc.

then he goes umm can you make me a list and send it to me? Im like WTF no i just told u..yeah but i need a list for when i go out to eat with freinds?!?!?

Just stupid questions and requests like this everyday drives me crazy.

arrrggghhhhh!!!!

Edit: He just asked me why they prepare food different in spain than in mexico?!?!
cuz they are two diffrent countries you dumb a$$ mofo!!!
arrrggggg!!!!
He has apparently been to both and still he asks

BooGiMaN

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
I seriously considered making the list and adding 'fondled'.

waitress: how would you like your eggs?
him:*looks at list* fondled?

Maetryx

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2001
How about rephrase the question: if you *had* to fire/get rid of one person at your job..... and why?

Because frankly, no one at my job is so horrible I'd want to get rid of them. But if I *had* to pick one....

Probably the one that calls in sick all the time, and is usually kind of contrary. He tends to behave as if management is diametrically opposed to the crew.

Or maybe the guy with no social skills whatsoever. He actually drums his fingers and huffs and puffs while rolling his head on his neck when something doesn't go his way. And he eats apples like a child eats corn on the cob (rotating and chewing frantically at the apple skin).

glen

Lifer
Apr 28, 2000
Originally posted by: BooGiMaN

then he goes umm can you make me a list and send it to me? Im like WTF no i just told u..yeah but i need a list for when i go out to eat with freinds?!?!?

arrrggghhhhh!!!!

Edit: He just asked me why they prepare food different in spain than in mexico?!?!
arrrggggg!!!!

I think if I worked with you, I would have you fired.

amdskip

Lifer
Jan 6, 2001
There are some whiney chicks who are lazy and I don't get along with them very well.

BooGiMaN

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
Originally posted by: glen
Originally posted by: BooGiMaN

arrrggghhhhh!!!!

arrrggggg!!!!

I think if I worked with you, I would have you fired.

And pray tell why would u have me fired?

DT4K

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2002
How about the network admin who thinks she knows everything and nobody else knows anything, never admits being wrong, and has a very large chip on her shoulder about being a woman in IT. Oh, she also thinks everyone is out to get her, she is rude and arrogant to people, she takes up 90% of the time in meetings complaining about stupid things, and blames the developers instead of herself for all network related problems.

Actually I wouldn't fire her because despite all of the above, or maybe because of it, she is extremely entertaining and helps keep the job from being boring. The president of our division came out to our site and did a presentation. Those of us that worked with this particular network admin all cringed when she raised her hand to make a comment to the president. We were all thinking the same thing. Oh god, please don't embarass yourself Susan. She started arguing with him about IT outsourcing in the company when luckily she got a page and had to go. Actually, that's one of the things I admire about her. She is not afraid to speak her mind no matter who she is talking to.

I wonder if it's a good idea to be posting this about our network admin when I'm at work. Hey, I'm just kidding, I think you are great and love working with you.

LuckyTaxi

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
My so-called boss who doesnt even know what he's really doing and admitted to me he doesn't really know this IT stuff. "If I was in the corporate world I would've been fired by now."

He can't type for sh!t (like 2 wpm - hilarious when he has to type out commands in shell under Linux) and asks me how to do stuff everytime something needs to get done while I'm busy doing something else. On top of him bugging me helping him with his VB HW, he looks over my shoulder and watches me work on the linux box and says I dont wanna help him learn linux. Pick up a book and fiddle around with the system.

On top of that, he calls me when I'm off and ask me how to do things on the server. Pretty sad if you ask me! Oh yea, he gets paid more than me and comes in at 10 and leaves at 3. I get in @ 8 and leave at 4.

glen

Lifer
Apr 28, 2000
Your co-worker is not dishonest or interfearign with your work.
He simply has poor social skills.
You need to learn to be more tollerant.

murphy55d

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
Originally posted by: amdskip
There are some whiney chicks who are lazy and I don't get along with them very well.

Sounds familiar. :)

(cept one of them is an asst. mgr at my store... she went daylight... finally gone! :) )