If you can't deal with a patdown, don't fvcking fly.

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TitanDiddly

Dec 8, 2003
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
Originally posted by: Gobadgrs
http://www.cnn.com/2004/TRAVEL...patdowns.ap/index.html

"What happened next shocked her: Using an open hand, a security agent touched her on her shoulders, under her arms, around her waist, across her bra strap, and between her breasts, Gaynier said -- all in front of other passengers.

"I was almost in tears," she said. "I've never been so humiliated in my life. It's one of the worst experiences I've ever had to endure.""

Christ. Give me a break, it was even a female security agent. Anyone else think this woman looks like a lesbian? She also looks like the typical women you see at Kerry rallies. Those observations aside, anyone else think shes making a big fricking deal over nothing?

If a routine airport patdown is "one of the worst experiences (you've) ever had to endure" - you're a sheltered spoiled uptight naive little BITCH who needs a good asskicking and a dose of the real world.

Oh, and that's a "yes" to the question of Much Ado about Nothing. Given the attractiveness of the female security guards at my airport, they can frisk me anytime. :p

- M4H

women across the nation say the patdowns go too far. Some are so angry that they have stopped flying altogether.

:thumbsup:

May 31, 2001
For the $50.00+ "September 11th Security Fee" that was tacked onto the ticket I just bought, I should get a full body massage by an attractive female security agent, not just a quick feel-up by an overweight middle-aged bald guy named Harvey.

Farvacola

Jul 14, 2004
Originally posted by: Fausto

"What happened next shocked her: Using an open hand, a security agent touched her on her shoulders, under her arms, around her waist, across her bra strap, and between her breasts, Gaynier said -- all in front of other passengers.

"I was almost in tears," she said. "I've never been so humiliated in my life. It's one of the worst experiences I've ever had to endure."

Christ. Give me a break, it was even a female security agent. Anyone else think this woman looks like a lesbian? She also looks like the typical women you see at Kerry rallies. Those observations aside, anyone else think shes making a big fricking deal over nothing?
Congratulations on undermining any point you may have had with your own personal biases and bigotry. You have saved innumerable CPU cycles on the AT servers that would have otherwise been devoted to this thread.

Glad I could help out. Like I said, it was just an observation based on her appearance. And typically people who vote for Kerry are liberal and would raise a stink over such things as a normal pat down search as infringing on their civil liberties. Most normal Americans would just deal with the fact that this is a part of life. I flew 3 times in the last 2 weeks and I was subjected to a pat down at every airport. I didn't get all pissed off an huffy about it. I was grateful that the screeners were doing their job to make the airlines safer.

To be quite honest, it's people like you that create such a terribly partisan US. You could have had a valid post concerning the problems of whiny people and how patdowns are a neccasary part of society now, but instead you chose to spout some just plain bigoted blather about liberal complaining. I, being kind of a moderate, really take no offense to the comment itself, just that it completely demeans both the thread and yourself. So, judging by what you said, I have no choice but to ask you to not post again. Thank you for your time.

AlienCraft

Lifer
Nov 23, 2002
Congratulations on undermining any point you may have had with your own personal biases and bigotry. You have saved innumerable CPU cycles on the AT servers that would have otherwise been devoted to this thread.

[/quote]

Glad I could help out. Like I said, it was just an observation based on her appearance. And typically people who vote for Kerry are liberal and would raise a stink over such things as a normal pat down search as infringing on their civil liberties. Most normal Americans would just deal with the fact that this is a part of life. I flew 3 times in the last 2 weeks and I was subjected to a pat down at every airport. I didn't get all pissed off an huffy about it. I was grateful that the screeners were doing their job to make the airlines safer.
[/quote]
Actually, the ones most likely to bitch about government intrusion into private lives are Republicans.
Democrats are more likely to be on the side of Big Brother being the answer for everything. Take for instance gun laws as an example.
That you would try to flip traditional Conservative values onto your favorite whipping boy (liberals) only proves how confused you really are in buying into the Neo-Con agenda.
Try again.
Until every piece of luggage and cargo that goes into the hold of a passenger aircraft is x-rayed and sniffed, it remains a gaping hole in real airport security.

Yo Ma Ma

Lifer
Jan 21, 2000

"I was almost in tears," she said. "I've never been so humiliated in my life. It's one of the worst experiences I've ever had to endure."

Christ. Give me a break, it was even a female security agent. Anyone else think shes making a big fricking deal over nothing?

I am going to store up some powerful body gas to unleash if I get a patdown on my next flight adventure. I pity the fool who does my patdown.

Yo Ma Ma

Lifer
Jan 21, 2000
Originally posted by: ironcrotch
What's the point of complaining? I don't get it. I mean, what's she expecting to get out of this. For the gov't to be like "oooooohh you're offended?! oh ok, well we'll stop patting down people, cuz it'll be much better when your dead."

What is really the point of random body checks? If you want to achieve greater security it has to be all of the passengers, every last one of the blighters. Random crap just makes for bad feelings and in reality achieves nothing.

This seems like a P&N thread.