If you can't deal with a patdown, don't fvcking fly.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: moshquerade
women like that give we good ones a bad name

Can I give you a patdown? :D

Edit-Seriously though, who would want to pat her down? Not me...:confused:

SagaLore

Elite Member
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: DivideBYZero
Originally posted by: GTaudiophile
Originally posted by: SagaLore
I think women should have to endure a vaginal probe, to check for contriband. You can hide a lot of stuff in there.

Why not just make a vibrating probe? Then they won't complain! :p

They'll just moan. And moan. And moan.

:D

News at 11: "Airline flight sales for female passengers up by 32%!"

GoingUp

Lifer
Jul 31, 2002
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
Originally posted by: moshquerade
women like that give we good ones a bad name

Can I give you a patdown? :D

Edit-Seriously though, who would want to pat her down? Not me...:confused:

Yea, I made remarks along a similar line and people got all up in arms an offended. I could have stated it better but you captured the jest of it.

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
Originally posted by: CVSiN
Originally posted by: AntiEverything
Honestly, these patdowns aren't stopping anything. Fvck being politically correct, I support profiling 100%. How many of the terrorists were white women? Who exactly was being protected by airport security fondling this woman?

Um the 2 airliners that blew up last month in Russia were bombed by white women.. with C4 in thier bras...

Owned.

KC5AV

Golden Member
Jul 26, 2002
There should be no complaints about pat-downs in the US. The lady better hope she never has to fly out of Israel. There, it isn't uncommon for them to pull a person out of line and take them to a private room and do a strip search. The fact is that in this day and age, you can't be too careful. There will always be nut cases who want to kill themselves and take a bunch of folks with them.

SagaLore

Elite Member
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: AlienCraft
Well consider this. NONE of the commercial cargo loaded onto that same plane is screened BY ANYONE. And those that would commit terrorism KNOW this. The TSA and pat downs are simply a panacea to prevent the collapse of the Airline economic infrastructure.

Last time I checked, cargo can't take over an airplane and fly it at a target. The security checks are not there to protect the passengers. They're there to protect the rest of us.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Originally posted by: Kibbo
"This woman looks like a lesbian?" What the hell is that supposed to mean? So all women that arn't good looking are sexual deviants and thus their opinions are invalid? If she carried a Jerry Fallwell fan club card, her opinion would mean more to you? God, what a fvcking waste of skin you are. Are you over 15?

And BTW, REPOST, keep this crap in P&N.

Shut up and fvcking DIE, this thread is fine where it is.

And that woman is a goddamn bitch who should have her right to fly revoked forever.

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000
Originally posted by: SagaLore
Well consider this. NONE of the commercial cargo loaded onto that same plane is screened BY ANYONE. And those that would commit terrorism KNOW this. The TSA and pat downs are simply a panacea to prevent the collapse of the Airline economic infrastructure.

Last time I checked, cargo can't take over an airplane and fly it at a target. The security checks are not there to protect the passengers. They're there to protect the rest of us.

Oh please. The security checks are just for show. There's nothing they can do to fully protect the passengers or the people on the ground.

There's always someone slacking off and if someone really wanted to do something they'd find that out and use it to their advantage.

SagaLore

Elite Member
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: pulse8
Oh please. The security checks are just for show. There's nothing they can do to fully protect the passengers or the people on the ground.

There's always someone slacking off and if someone really wanted to do something they'd find that out and use it to their advantage.

Great. That's a good reason to just shutdown all of security. Just as long as they're a paying customer, let them on board without any scrutiny because the security checks aren't doing anything.

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Although she is overreacting, the TSA agent should make it clear that if she doesn't like being patted down in public, they can take her to a private area -- that is what they are supposed to tell you before the pat down. Also, she says the patdown was performed with an open hand instead of the back of the agent's hand. Of course, you're only hearing her side of the story, but if true, those are a couple points on her side.

Hammer

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
i personally don't like it. i wouldn't want to see my SO or my mother subjected to it. the new TSA policy in places allows the inside of the hand to be used contrary to the previous policy which said only the back of the hand could be used. also, they now check private area more thoroughly. although, its encouraged that males screen males and females screen females, this is by no means a rule. you may run into a situation where a women will be checked by a male.

Link

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
Originally posted by: Hammer
i personally don't like it. i wouldn't want to see my SO or my mother subjected to it. the new TSA policy in places allows the inside of the hand to be used contrary to the previous policy which said only the back of the hand could be used. also, they now check private area more thoroughly. although, its encouraged that males screen males and females screen females, this is by no means a rule. you may run into a situation where a women will be checked by a male.

Link
First intelligent post against this yet?

Anyways, I would tend to agree with you, the new policies open the door to this kind of reactions. The line between searching and fondeling is so very close it'll get blurred all the time. What's to stop the security agents from feeling up people in the name of a check? This is a very serious issue for the TSA, I'm all for security, but how do they regulate themselves on these checks? By their current policy of 'we try to have females seacrched by females, but don't have to...' doesn't sound like good regulation. So what's to stop the perverts from seeking these jobs and having security of their own to fondle people?

Or does none of this matter? Is it worth the occasional groaping (this case may or not be, but it will happen) to protect fliers?

SilverTorch

Golden Member
Oct 4, 2000
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
Originally posted by: Gobadgrs
http://www.cnn.com/2004/TRAVEL...patdowns.ap/index.html

"What happened next shocked her: Using an open hand, a security agent touched her on her shoulders, under her arms, around her waist, across her bra strap, and between her breasts, Gaynier said -- all in front of other passengers.

"I was almost in tears," she said. "I've never been so humiliated in my life. It's one of the worst experiences I've ever had to endure.""

Christ. Give me a break, it was even a female security agent. Anyone else think this woman looks like a lesbian? She also looks like the typical women you see at Kerry rallies. Those observations aside, anyone else think shes making a big fricking deal over nothing?

If a routine airport patdown is "one of the worst experiences (you've) ever had to endure" - you're a sheltered spoiled uptight naive little BITCH who needs a good asskicking and a dose of the real world.

Oh, and that's a "yes" to the question of Much Ado about Nothing. Given the attractiveness of the female security guards at my airport, they can frisk me anytime. :p

- M4H

Couldn't put it better my self.

AlienCraft

Lifer
Nov 23, 2002
Originally posted by: Gobadgrs
Originally posted by: bluehorizon
I agree. If she wants to fly, she needs to accept the security checks. "Oh, boo hoo, some chick touched me between the breasts." Big fvcking deal. I'll take that minor inconvenience over losing 100 lives because security was lax and some maniacle bitch boarded a plane with explosives tucked into her bra.
Welll consider this. NONE of the commercial cargo loaded onto that same plane is screened BY ANYONE. And those that would commit terrorism KNOW this. The TSA and pat downs are simply a panacea to prevent the collapse of the Airline economic infrastructure.
In other words it's for the peace of mind of the hundreds of thousands of people , of both political affiliations.
As Bejamin Franklins said so well..."Those that would sacrifice personal liberty foe a measure of temporary safety, deserve neither."

Yea but if a cargo jet blows up only like 3 people will die. Its not as sensational as 300 people going down on a passenger plane.
uhhhh, say did you know that a good 20% of the plane's capacity is taken by commercial cargo? In fact, most airlines contract with the USPS to provide space for Parcel Post and other Airmail.
So, your example is moot.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I rather have them make it worth while and give me a complete ody cavity search ;)

Ausm

Stark

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2000
Originally posted by: bluehorizon
I agree. If she wants to fly, she needs to accept the security checks. "Oh, boo hoo, some chick touched me between the breasts." Big fvcking deal. I'll take that minor inconvenience over losing 100 lives because security was lax and some maniacle bitch boarded a plane with explosives tucked into her bra.
Welll consider this. NONE of the commercial cargo loaded onto that same plane is screened BY ANYONE. And those that would commit terrorism KNOW this. The TSA and pat downs are simply a panacea to prevent the collapse of the Airline economic infrastructure.
In other words it's for the peace of mind of the hundreds of thousands of people , of both political affiliations.
As Bejamin Franklins said so well..."Those that would sacrifice personal liberty foe a measure of temporary safety, deserve neither."

:thumbsup:

The TSA is a joke. Middle age white boobs are terroist threats while the subject of controlling to borders is completely ignored.

And we're not in russia.

[braveheart]They'll never take our freedom!![/braveheart]

Train

Lifer
Jun 22, 2000
www.bing.com
Originally posted by: StarkWelll consider this. NONE of the commercial cargo loaded onto that same plane is screened BY ANYONE. And those that would commit terrorism KNOW this. The TSA and pat downs are simply a panacea to prevent the collapse of the Airline economic infrastructure.
thats funny, every single passenger jet that has ever been bombed was done so by a PASSENGER carrying the bomb onboard, if it is so easy to get a bomb on a plane by shipping it to the other coast via airmail, then why did the terrorists go through all the trouble of getting explosives past airport security? i.e. in a Stereo