If the speed of light is changing....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005
There are some theories which argue that C may actually be decreasing in a gradually manner. What C might have been in the immediate aftermath of the Big bang would not be the speed of C today.

So if this is indeed happening, then shouldn't this be increasing/decreasing the mass of this universe and decreasing its life. The fact of it decreasing further and further should break the laws of mass energy conversion as the relativistic mass of all things would change in their own relative velocities.

i.e if an object at an relativistic speed of a perfect 99% C has a mass of thousand tons.

Now if C decreases by 1%

The same object will now have lets say 99.999...~% speed of C and its relativistic mass is now one million tons. Would this not be a violation of the mass energy conservation?

I do speculate this is possible because I plan to use the scenario in a story of mine.

But imagine the day C drops to next to absolute zero. All mass in the universe will turn in to black hole as the threshold will cause gravity to ignite collapsing matter as mass increases exponentially.

But again I have a question.

Is gravity a factor of relativistic mass or absolute mass?

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
The equations that we currently have assume that the speed of light is constant. It that's not true, that would probably really mess them up.

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
Hi, I would like to get some grant money so I'm going to make some unobservable bullshit up! Cha-ching!

Status
Not open for further replies.