If the current illegal immigrants are given a way to become citizens...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

straightalker

Dec 21, 2005
http://www.infowars.com/articles/immigr...y_neocons_responsible_for_protests.htm

It helps to get more sophisticated in your pursuit of the truth. Simple gut instincts telling you that the flood of actually 25 million ILLEGAL ALIENS is bad is fine. But follow up on those gut instincts with study. You will uncover the deep undercurrent of corruption that is causing this massive National disaster.

http://www.newswithviews.com/Wooldridge/frostyA1.htm

Get educated on the situation first. then you can make better opinions. Many here are simply unaware of the hostile elements within the invasion of illegal aliens who literally want to take over and take away from us the Southwestern USA. It's not civil war really, because these are not Americans. And most of the Latinos we do have here legally don't want anything to do with conquest. It's an invasion of hostile insurgents. Many of whom openly state they want to kill all gringos.

Go through Frosty Woolridge's easy to understand articles. Branch out to listening to some Patriot radio stations. These are loyal Americans with a well informed opinion of what is really going on. They don't speak just to stir up a storm. At this stage. We are fighting for the survival of our Country.

Why does Mexico treat the millions of illegal immigrants coming through their southern border with Central America so harshly? Mexico's own immigration laws and inforcements are brutal and extremely corrupt.

Lastly, why even immigrate to the USA? Why not start a revolution in your own Country to kick out the Elitest Regime in power that is repressing the population? Seems to me that all these illegal aliens are cowards on the run. Stand up and fight like men! Mexico is loaded with natural resources of their own. Plenty for that Nation to prosper in our World.

If the 25,000,000 million illegal aliens in the USA are granted amnesty, that will be like giving an enemy army a foothold on our soil. Because folks. They think the land they are standing on in Mexifornia is theirs! Same for Mexizonia and New Mexico and Texico. Mexivada and Mexutah as well.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: straightalker
http://www.infowars.com/articles/immigr...y_neocons_responsible_for_protests.htm

It helps to get more sophisticated in your pursuit of the truth. Simple gut instincts telling you that the flood of actually 25 million ILLEGAL ALIENS is bad is fine. But follow up on those gut instincts with study. You will uncover the deep undercurrent of corruption that is causing this massive National disaster.

Get educated on the situation first. then you can make better opinions. Many here are simply unaware of the hostile elements within the invasion of illegal aliens who literally want to take over and take away from us the Southwestern USA. It's not civil war really, because these are not Americans. And most of the Latinos we do have here legally don't want anything to do with conquest. It's an invasion of hostile insurgents. Many of whom openly state they want to kill all gringos.

Go through Frosty Woolridge's easy to understand articles. Branch out to listening to some Patriot radio stations. These are loyal Americans with a well informed opinion of what is really going on. They don't speak just to stir up a storm. At this stage. We are fighting for the survival of our Country.

Why does Mexico treat the millions of illegal immigrants coming through their southern border with Central America so harshly? Mexico's own immigration laws and inforcements are brutal and extremely corrupt.

Lastly, why even immigrate to the USA? Why not start a revolution in your own Country to kick out the Elitest Regime in power that is repressing the population? Seems to me that all these illegal aliens are cowards on the run. Stand up and fight like men! Mexico is loaded with natural resources of their own. Plenty for that Nation to prosper in our World.

If the 25,000,000 million illegal aliens in the USA are granted amnesty, that will be like giving an enemy army a foothold on our soil. Because folks. They think the land they are standing on in Mexifornia is theirs! Same for Mexizonia and New Mexico and Texico. Mexivada and Mexutah as well.

:roll:

fitzov

Platinum Member
Jan 3, 2004
Originally posted by: Ronstang
Originally posted by: BoomerD
Reagan shoved an "amnesty" down our throats 20 yrs ago. The flood of illegals kept on coming...Nothing changed, except perhaps to get worse...

Actually the Democratically controlled House and Senate shoved it down our throats and for political expediency Reagan agreed and did not veto it.....but none of the conditions of the amnesty proposed by said Congressmen were ever followed so it had little affect except to buy the Democrats more votes while selling this country further down the drain by increasing the incentive to border hop.

Explain the bolded print and maybe I will buy into your shifting the blame to democrats. Border security is an executive branch function as well.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Originally posted by: blackangst1
If they are willing to work for under $5/hour now, make them legal, continue giving them the wage they earned before (since they are happy with it), and no benefits. I wouldnt have a problem with that.

Sounds like a great plan. I love paying for their medical benefits.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
Reagan shoved an "amnesty" down our throats 20 yrs ago. The flood of illegals kept on coming...Nothing changed, except perhaps to get worse...

Actually the Democratically controlled House and Senate shoved it down our throats and for political expediency Reagan agreed and did not veto it.....but none of the conditions of the amnesty proposed by said Congressmen were ever followed so it had little affect except to buy the Democrats more votes while selling this country further down the drain by increasing the incentive to border hop.

And coincedntially Reagan opened the flood gates for cheap labor by encouraging more illegals to come here. Imagine that.

phantom309

Platinum Member
Jan 30, 2002

Although I'm very strongly against illegal immigration, I hesitate to go out into the world and wave signs and banners, or contribute to organisations that share my views. Because I never, ever want to be mistaken for someone like the above poster.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
*sigh* If only we would enforce current law.
Agreed...
I've noticed that seems to be a pretty common idea nowadays, especially in california.
"We cant enforce the laws we have, so lets make more!
It makes us look like we're doing something."

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000
Originally posted by: shortylickens
Agreed...
I've noticed that seems to be a pretty common idea nowadays, especially in california.

That is the rub. We CAN enforce the laws we currently have on the books but the powers that be CHOOSE not to. There is a HUGE difference.

blahblah99

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 2000
Agreed...

That is the rub. We CAN enforce the laws we currently have on the books but the powers that be CHOOSE not to. There is a HUGE difference.

They choose not to because THEY KNOW the implications it would cause if the laws are enforced.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
Originally posted by: blahblah99
Agreed...

They choose not to because THEY KNOW the implications it would cause if the laws are enforced.

And what might those "implications" be??

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
We can make them all citizens then let them starve to death by bringing in 12 million more illegals. Then we can listen to them whine about us not upholding our own laws.

Ding. Moonie hit it. There will an an exponential line behind them.

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000
Originally posted by: Zebo
We can make them all citizens then let them starve to death by bringing in 12 million more illegals. Then we can listen to them whine about us not upholding our own laws.

With the experience to validate this occurance it is mind boggling that the idiots on the Hill are even contemplating some kind of amnesty.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001

With the experience to validate this occurance it is mind boggling that the idiots on the Hill are even contemplating some kind of amnesty.

And has anyone thought about how trivial it will be next time, for the next 30 million, to be given amnesty? Mainly because the 5 million in the 80s, 12 million now and all thier children are now voters the politicians have to pander to? Might as well stay home on that one. will be like 99-1 in senate for next wave. After that they won't even vote it will be just open for any SA to come and work here, own property and collect benfits.

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000

And has anyone thought about how trivial it will be next time, for the next 30 million, to be given amnesty? Mainly because the 5 million in the 80s, 12 million now and all thier children are now voters the politicians have to pander to? Might as well stay home on that one. will be like 99-1 in senate for next wave.

This is one reason this issue is at the breaking point in terms of importance. I fear that if the idiots on the Hill do not do the CORRECT thinng this time there very well could be violence down the road in regards to this issue.

Zedtom

Platinum Member
Nov 23, 2001
The momentum to act fast on this issue is going to turn out to be a big disapointment for the undocumented immigrants. They feel that they have sent a strong message and they want action NOW!

There's just one problem- the United States government does not know how to respond quickly to anything. We have to negotiate, discuss, whine and cry about every issue for a long time before anything gets done.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
Originally posted by: Zedtom
The momentum to act fast on this issue is going to turn out to be a big disapointment for the undocumented immigrants. They feel that they have sent a strong message and they want action NOW!

There's just one problem- the United States government does not know how to respond quickly to anything. We have to negotiate, discuss, whine and cry about every issue for a long time before anything gets done.

What they going to do, get pissed off and go home??

dchakrab

Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: piasabird
Until we beef up border security, I say we do nothing to help illegal immigrants. I am against amnesty, because it is a failure to enforce the law. The law has to be enforced. Amnesty is a way of rewarding criminals at the expense of people who immigrate legally. So whatever we do we should not have a program that rewards people for violating the law.

One problem we have with illegals, is they often procure fake Social Security Cards that are not theirs. So what happens when they get to the age where they should be able to get social security? If the employer is using a paper drill, then he is sending the SS money in to the US Government based on some SS#. So what happens to that money?? This is all basically fraud, so they are not entitled to any SS $$ when they retire, assuming they can retire. Either that or they are paid under the counter and the employer is also breaking the law and committing fraud when they file their taxes.

It is all a woven tapestry of lies and deceip!.

I wonder if I can sell my SS# so some Mexican can deposit funds in my SS Account so I can max out and quit paying?

Amnesty is not a failure to enforce the law. Amnesty is an admission that the current system has created a situation where laws cannot, in good conscience, be enforced.

The current debate is not about amnesty. It is about taking a long hard look at our system. We are making it increasingly difficult to legally immigrate into the United States. We are treating people like crap even if they *do* manage to legally immigrate. As a result, the best students and professionals no longer *want* to come to the US to study or work...which is a radical shift from the situation even a decade ago.

The solution as I see it isn't to give these people amnesty. Amnesty merely addresses one symptom of the problem, and if we do it we do it to recognize the greater problem, not as a one-time fix. The solution is systemic change to embrace the immigration philosophies that made this country great in the first place. If millions of immigrants knew they could only enter the US if they had marketable skills, but at the same time they *knew* that having marketable skills and working hard would still allow them to enter the US and be successful and accepted by society here, then we wouldn't have this problem.

I'll give you an example. My father immigrated in the 70's. He was successful and worked hard after arriving, and so had many incentives to assimilate into American culture and society. My friend's mother immigrated recently. She has had no incentive to assimilate at all...her English hasn't improved, and she never interacts with anyone outside her own race. She's treated with hostility if she does, and she doesn't trust outsiders enough to be more comfortable with them.

*That* is the problem. Not the immigrants who are breaking the law, but the isolationist and parochial groups that seem to think this country owes nothing to immigrants and has no space for those who think or act differently, or are a different color.

Dave.

straightalker

Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: phantom309

Although I'm very strongly against illegal immigration, I hesitate to go out into the world and wave signs and banners, or contribute to organisations that share my views. Because I never, ever want to be mistaken for someone like the above poster.

Nice way to start a flame war phantom309.

I listen to hours and hours of talk radio and read hundreds of current news articles each week on this immigration subject and the whole neocon/bankster overthrow of the USA Government. It takes awhile. But after awhile the awesome reality finally sinks in and your anus begins to pucker slightly and you realize this is very real imminant danger. A war to protect the USA Constitution and the lives of our families. Sudenly a few mispelled words a fellow American makes on a forum like this don't matter. Suddenly the game of flaming another poster looses it's appeal. You have decided to not go any further in pursuit of the truth phantom309. But please everyone, let's not let the fear of the truth and happy in unbelief escapism become an infection around here.

The fine details of the Mccain/Kennedy Amnesty Bill were explained on the Alex Jones Show the other day by a guest who spelled it all out. 6 years come one come all open borders. That the essense of this Bill. It is not about gradually granting the so-called "12 million" illegal aliens "eventual citizenship". The men pushing this Bill are traitors. What would happen with the passage of the Senate Bill is 25 million illegal aliens here now doubling, tripling and quadrupling. Mexico's President Fox is part of the play on his end. We would also get a huge sea/air anyway you can get here - invasion into the USA from parts all over. Flooding in would be a flood of criminals the likes of which and composition of are a monstrosity of Epic proportions. Imagine 75 million mexicans, chineses, russians, and every other type of hostile element walking our streets in our communities.

China says they are going to nuke us if we interfere in their takedown of Taiwan. Russia is gearing up for WWIII by added hundeds of Topel M state of the art nukes to their arsenal. 1.2 Billion muslims feel there is a Crusade against them coming from the USA.

Just the other day a Chinese terrorist was caught shipping in a horde of shoulder launched surface to air missiles. Similar to our "stinger missile".

See the momentum here? It is time to close down our USA Borders and secure this Nation from outside threats. We are a lifeboat for our citizens and space is limited. We can't take in the whole World's honest good immigrants who i do feel sorry for and have compassion for.

We should support those wannabe good immigrants in their takeover of the wicked Regimes that enslave and impoverish them. These wannabe immigrants to the USA
sit on huge oil and other reserves of natural resources, yet they are forced to remain dirt poor by tyrants. The answer is not to open our floodgates to a horde of cowards unwilling to fight for freedom in their own respective Nations. Mexico. China. etc. Stay there and fight there. Then i will respect you and offer you my support. And the World will become free, based on the positive momentum of facing down evil everywhere it exists and defeating it on it's own turf.

60 million mexicans want to run away in fear. I say put a wall up and remove the incentive to come here by stopping all hiring of illegal aliens. We don't need to deport 25 million. Most will just go home were they belong. They don't belong here walking our streets. Get out! We offered them our hospitality and they turn around and want to hijack and steal 5 of our most properous States and push out and kill all "gringos".

We need a pro-USA President next time around and pro-USA Senators and Congressmen elected next term. What we have now is a bunch of traitors pushing for a Pan American Union.

dchakrab

Apr 25, 2001
Straightalker,

The reason people are poor even though they're sitting on oil reserves is frequently because we're robbing them blind, cutting deals with dictators we put in power (often overthrowing the previous government) and saying sure, impoverish your country, as long as you give us your oil. Once upon a time, there was a native population here in the United States that didn't want your ancestors, and couldn't survive the wave of immigrants who landed here. We wiped them out and took over. It's ironic that you now insist that this nation should be free of immigrants.

The economic reality, whether you like it or not, is that this nation would be nothing and nowhere without immigrants. Even if we discount the fact that we're *all* immigrants here in some sense, and just think about immigration in the last 50 years...immigration has resulted in the US being an economic powerhouse, and the home of intellectual and technological advances far ahead of the rest of the world.

We're increasingly falling behind. One of the reasons is our hostility towards immigrants. This country was *built* so that anyone, from anywhere, could come here and live the American dream if he worked hard and was persistent. Taking that away from people (a) undermines the principles this country was built on and (b) guarantees our economic demise.

You may want to get rid of them all, and sure, for a couple of years that might even mean less congestion on your street. But in a few years it'll mean you live like a rat while people in other countries are living like a king, because all your jobs were outsourced and other nations simply outpaced us, and we couldn't keep up. Kind of like what happened in the tech sector. Doesn't that ring any alarm bells?

Dave.

straightalker

Dec 21, 2005
An illegal alien is not an immigrant. That tactic of calling an illegal alien an immigrant is getting real old real quick. The tactic of equating the two is absorbed by everyone who listens primarily to Corporate controlled media. Most of these folks believe Bush is a fine Christian too. The result is we have what is misunderstood as a hard Christian Right in the USA. When really all we have is people assuming the name Christian and acting far from it's ideals. Like the term Conservative. Many totally unconservative politicians hawk the name Conservative. While they greatly expand Government and run deficits into the abyss.

Don't be conned by Corporate Media who call an "invader" an "immigrant". Corporations want a new slave class to hire at less than a living wage here in the USA. Illegal immigrant fit that class perfectly because their only loyalty is to their home Country. They work under the table for cash most of them. Off the books. Then return to Mexico or live in here in garages illegally. Or twenty to a house here illegally. Or they run in our streets as gangs or fill our prisons.

I can't go to any Country in this World and squat and make myself a new life based on my preference for where i prefer to live. Why? Because each Nation has laws to preserve the balance of the population with it's resources.

Hundreds of USA Hospitals have gone backrupt and closed along the USA border with Mexico. That is just one example. Do you read any articles on this subject? Listen to any talk radio? Are you educated in this area? All it takes is a pursuit of the truth. Really, in just a few days time free of distraction you could be brought up to quite a good speed on the entire situation. That is, if you wanted to. Your customized perceptions of the World would have to change to make the proper exceptions for reality. That part of it is the main reasons most Americans remain ignorant. They like the bliss of ignorance.

Clearly, the USA is in very deep deep deep trouble. On many fronts. You mentioned the mass exporting of our best jobs overseas. Other problems include the pillaging of pension funds. The looting of the USA Treasury. On and on it goes.

Afghanistan has been having record setting crops of opium and as a result the street prices on heroine have plummeted across the USA and Europe. Another subject. But it serves to show how things are not as they seem. There is a darkside out there. Not securing the USA borders is one of the results of that. Think about it. Wide open borders. And cases of catching terrorists shipping in missiles that can drop our airliners. Yet the borders still stay wide open. It takes the citizenry now to organize a border patrol to stop the invasion. Or build a fence.

dchakrab

Apr 25, 2001
Um...our borders aren't wide open. And an armed citizenry playing cops and robbers is not something I'm interested in seeing. Cops and Border Patrol are highly trained, and they're trained for a reason. It devalues their jobs and their training to suggest that rounding up the neighbors is a solution. It will undoubtedly cause more problems than it solves.

I'll give you an example. Since I'm an Indian (i.e. brown) with a shaved head, I'm frequently mistaken for hispanic or even black. If I'm walking around south Texas or Arizona and someone with a gun even shows up and *asks* me if I have a passport or not, I can sue. More likely than not, the guy would do jail time for threatening me. He has *no* right to ask me for a passport or visa to prove I'm legal, just as you would hate it if some random guy off the street with a rifle asked you. Unless the guy's standing at the fence, and he sees me jumping it, he doesn't even have grounds for suspicion. And even in that extreme case, he isn't legally qualified to verify whether or not I'm legal, or haul me to the sheriff's office. He actually isn't qualified to do a thing other than make a note of it and report it to someone later on.

That's Joe Schmoe, the general public. The minute he takes a step beyond that, he's on extremely shaky legal and ethical ground. To let a bunch of guys work off their midlife crises like this is a joke.

Dave.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Immigration laws are broken.

People are coming illegally because they want to make a better life for their families and getting here legally is not something that a broke ass family that lives in a tiny shack can really do. We all want to say "OMG THEY ARE BREAKING THE LAW DEPORT THEM", but that is not the answer.

If our immigration system wasn't "broken" and they all were able to legally immigrate, would you still want to deport them because they are immigrants, or because they are not skilled, or because they are not educated?

There is plenty of room for more people in the USA.
Our immigration policy needs massive reform.
Until that reform comes, and until it's done right, people will come illegally.

Thank of it this way, if there's a law that you don't agree with one bit, you harshly oppose that law, and if breaking that law doesn't really come with a strict punishment, chances are, you're going to break that law.

Think of speed limits, the sign says 55, you go 56 or 57, you're breaking the law too.
You might say "ohh, but it was only 1 or 2 miles per hour over the limit", or "ohh, that's not serious", Well, "illegal" immigrants only usually illegally immigrate once. Also, I don't think that someone trying to escape poverty in order to live in the best country in the world (one that has plenty of free space might I add) breaking our immigration law is comming too serious of a crime.

Give them amnesty, make them pay taxes, make sure they all pay income tax. Charge them income tax on all their previous known years of employment.

We are not France, we don't sh!t on immigrants and treat them as if they are third class citizens. They are human, if they are willing to work hard at it they deserve a chance at the American dream.

For illegal immigration, The ends justify the means.

Flame me all you want, I will not back down on my opinion here. I am not just some moron flaming liberal, I see myself more as a moron moderate, as I believe in small government and minimal government interference.

EDIT:
One other thing, We need to secure the border so that people are not able to enter illegally. But that isn't as important as first fixing our immigration system so people who want to come over and want to work will have a quick and accessible legal way to enter this country.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005

I listen to hours and hours of talk radio and read hundreds of current news articles each week on this immigration subject and the whole neocon/bankster overthrow of the USA Government. etc. etc.
let's not let the fear of the truth and happy in unbelief escapism become an infection around here. etc. etc.
Flooding in would be a flood of criminals the likes of which and composition of are a monstrosity of Epic proportions. Imagine 75 million mexicans, chineses, russians, and every other type of hostile element walking our streets in our communities.

China says they are going to nuke us if we interfere in their takedown of Taiwan. Russia is gearing up for WWIII by added hundeds of Topel M state of the art nukes to their arsenal. 1.2 Billion muslims feel there is a Crusade against them coming from the USA.

Just the other day a Chinese terrorist was caught shipping in a horde of shoulder launched surface to air missiles. Similar to our "stinger missile".
threats
wicked Regimes that enslave and impoverish them. These wannabe immigrants to the USA

A Brief History of America

;)

AAjax

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2001

Yuppers.....

dchakrab

Apr 25, 2001
I agree with Burnitdown. Illegal immigration should be stopped, but it's more important to fix our social / legal / cultural prejudices in the immigration system. Immigration was what built this country. Without it, we're already feeling the loss economically.

Dave.