If puppies and kittens could have babies, they'd be oviparous!

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001
They're really good hardboiled since they're perfectly bite sized

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
Originally posted by: Mo0o
They're really good hardboiled since they're perfectly bite sized

Oh yeah, but for sheer novelty value, you have to fry some too :)

Awesomely huge yolks for their size, I was amazed how much of hens egg is white afterwards.

TTM77

Golden Member
Dec 21, 2002
Have U had ostrich egg?

I went to Asia and rode an Ostrich, then after that had fried ostrich but they ran out of ostrich egg. LOL

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
Originally posted by: TTM77
Have U had ostrich egg?

I went to Asia and rode an Ostrich, then after that had fried ostrich but they ran out of ostrich egg. LOL

I have not eaten ostrich egg, but my folks have one. It looks kinda amusing next to a quail egg ;)

The pan is neat, my old man was given it for secret santa at work I think.

Savarak

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2001
ostrich eggs are easy to come by here in Tucson, theres an ostrich farm about 30 minutes north of here.... i bought one once, only like 12 bucks, but you get to keep the shell too which already goes for about 8, empty, anyway... its a nice fluffy egg, very airy, slightly different taste than chicken but its hard to tell in things like fried rice and omelette's. be sure to cook in batches by emptying the shell into a separate container or bowl, because you WILL overfill any pan or wok you have in your house, its the equivalent of nearly 24 chicken eggs!

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Savarak
ostrich eggs are easy to come by here in Tucson, theres an ostrich farm about 30 minutes north of here.... i bought one once, only like 12 bucks, but you get to keep the shell too which already goes for about 8, empty, anyway... its a nice fluffy egg, very airy, slightly different taste than chicken but its hard to tell in things like fried rice and omelette's. be sure to cook in batches by emptying the shell into a separate container or bowl, because you WILL overfill any pan or wok you have in your house, its the equivalent of nearly 24 chicken eggs!

can you hardboil in large saucepan?

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
quail eggs are delicious

can be found in any real asian market

Savarak

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2001
Originally posted by: IcebergSlim
Originally posted by: Savarak

can you hardboil in large saucepan?

actually the cashier said that you can hardboil them for about 2-3 hours, and then crack open the shell, and slice it up like a thanksgiving ham...