If our nation is ready for a black president, is it ready to have a black vice president as well?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: Zedtom
If you want to imagine such a thing, don't try to mix politicians with completely different agendas.

Colin Powell is the person you should match up with Obama.

YES!!!

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: jackschmittusa
Rice is a "baffle them with BS" artist in the same mold as Bush/Cheney. These are the kind of people that the Obama supporters are trying to get rid of.

How do stupid people think of these stupid things?

Fixed!!

rockyct

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2001
Originally posted by: seemingly random
Originally posted by: rockyct
An Obama/Powell ticket would be pretty good running the country, but it would never happen.

An Obama/Rice ticket makes about the same sense as a Obama/Keyes ticket, and Obama won against Keyes in '04.
Powell lost credibility under bush/cheney/rumsfeld/wolfowitz/ashcroft. Don't think he can recover. Sorta like mccain.

I do agree that he lost a lot of his credibility, but in some ways I respect him more for the way he actually did oppose Bush as Secretary of State. It seemed he had enough BS in Bush's first term, so he retired.

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
Originally posted by: Kung Lau

Some have considered a cross partisan ticket and even Obama has run on a campaign based on change and not doing business as usual. Is there something prohibiting a mixed ticket?
Furthermore, why not Condi? She's bright and experienced already in foreign affairs.

I know many are hoping Hillary gains the 2nd chair but if for some reason there is no chemistry or enough collaboration on both parts, I think Rice as VP would be a nice change for the government.

Lets step away from race for a minute. How would choosing Ms Rice help Mr Obama win over swing voters and groups that are leaning towards Mr McCain?

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Sinsear
I hope he picks Rev. Wright or Farrakhan.

Nice post troll. In response I hope McCain picks Hagee or Robertson. :roll:

Oh and the Yankees suck.

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007
Originally posted by: seemingly random
An Obama/Powell ticket would be pretty good running the country, but it would never happen.

An Obama/Rice ticket makes about the same sense as a Obama/Keyes ticket, and Obama won against Keyes in '04.
Powell lost credibility under bush/cheney/rumsfeld/wolfowitz/ashcroft. Don't think he can recover. Sorta like mccain.

I do agree that he lost a lot of his credibility, but in some ways I respect him more for the way he actually did oppose Bush as Secretary of State. It seemed he had enough BS in Bush's first term, so he retired.
I would respect him also if he actually fought back. I don't know that he did though. The image of him testifying at the u.n. is burned into my brain. Hopefully, those blatant lies made him lose sleep and reevaluate his most basic values.

I used to have _tremendous_ respect for him.

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Kadarin
Condi Rice is not qualified to be either President or Vice President, IMO.

Agreed she is just a yes person for bush.