If our nation is ready for a black president, is it ready to have a black vice president as well?

Kung Lau

Oct 13, 1999

Some have considered a cross partisan ticket and even Obama has run on a campaign based on change and not doing business as usual. Is there something prohibiting a mixed ticket?
Furthermore, why not Condi? She's bright and experienced already in foreign affairs.

I know many are hoping Hillary gains the 2nd chair but if for some reason there is no chemistry or enough collaboration on both parts, I think Rice as VP would be a nice change for the government.

dphantom

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2005
Won't happen. Doesn'ty matter if it would work, simply two different philosphies.

Zedtom

Platinum Member
Nov 23, 2001
If you want to imagine such a thing, don't try to mix politicians with completely different agendas.

Colin Powell is the person you should match up with Obama.

Feb 6, 2007
That's one of the most ridiculous questions I've ever seen. "We're ready to have a black man in the highest position of power in our country; are we willing to have a black person in a largely ceremonial position with no real responsibilities?" Ummm... no?

As far as an Obama/Rice ticket, absolutely absurd. Obama's base is people who hate the Bush administration. Why would you jeapordize that with a member of the Bush administration? Christ, Al Sharpton would go over better than Rice.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
I think a David Duke/Joe Lieberman ticket would go over about as well.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Ignoring race, Obama and Rice polar opposites. He's a Democrat looking to repair the damage done by the Traitor In Chief and his cabal of traitors, murderers, torturers and war criminals.

Rice is one of the major criminals who should stand trial for the admin's crimes and shipped off to her own private cell in Guantanamo. :thumbsdown:

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Condi Rice is not qualified to be either President or Vice President, IMO.

Jmman

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 1999
Originally posted by: Kadarin
Condi Rice is not qualified to be either President or Vice President, IMO.

And Obama is? All righty then......:)

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Condi 'the snake' Rice has about as much popular appeal as Hannibal Lecter

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
What the HELL is with people thinking Rice would be a good VP? She is a bush sycophant if there ever was one and was wholly asinine in the run-up to 911 and her patent ignoring of intelligence indicating that something might be going on. She should be sent to work at a soup kitchen for the rest of her life along with the rest of his cabinet, damn.

jackschmittusa

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
Rice is a "baffle them with BS" artist in the same mold as Bush/Cheney. These are the kind of people that the Obama supporters are trying to get rid of.

How do people think of these stupid things?

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Condi is a failure and a weak willed idiot. She's just fine at home in the Bush admin.

rockyct

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2001
An Obama/Powell ticket would be pretty good running the country, but it would never happen.

An Obama/Rice ticket makes about the same sense as a Obama/Keyes ticket, and Obama won against Keyes in '04.

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007
Originally posted by: rockyct
An Obama/Powell ticket would be pretty good running the country, but it would never happen.

An Obama/Rice ticket makes about the same sense as a Obama/Keyes ticket, and Obama won against Keyes in '04.
Powell lost credibility under bush/cheney/rumsfeld/wolfowitz/ashcroft. Don't think he can recover. Sorta like mccain.

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
Originally posted by: Kung Lau

Some have considered a cross partisan ticket and even Obama has run on a campaign based on change and not doing business as usual. Is there something prohibiting a mixed ticket?
Furthermore, why not Condi? She's bright and experienced already in foreign affairs.

I know many are hoping Hillary gains the 2nd chair but if for some reason there is no chemistry or enough collaboration on both parts, I think Rice as VP would be a nice change for the government.

Oh! "upchuck" My! "gusssh" God! "barfff"