If only they had the balls?

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Soon the Trumpies will take over and what the minority democrats need to do in congress is to BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK every single Trump nomination/appointee/legislation proposal and every US Supreme Court nomination these guys put out there regardless of the consequences.
Yes, even if they nail their proposals onto other common sense legislation like funding the government or funding the military, it needs to be blocked at all cost.

And what gets me, watching Kelly Conway WHINING on TV about "BOO HOO HOO... WHY CAN'T EVERYONE JUST ACCEPT THE FACT DONALD TRUMP WILL BE THEIR PRESIDENT???".

And now we hear rumors from democrats hinting that they "could" support i.e. go along with "certain" Trump appointees and Trump nominations.
Bad move fellas.... Really bad move.

It's time for democrats to play LETS MAKE A DEAL with the incoming Trump administration.
If republicans really want democrats to "go along" with their agenda and nominations (to a point), then first republicans must give Obama his US Supreme Court justice.
Donald Trump must first nominate Obama's choice of Merrick Garland as the next US Supreme Court justice and republicans in congress must then confirm Garland to the high court.
The very idea that republicans could have been so dismissive and insulting to Obama denying his pick of Merrick Garland, then somehow expect democrats to happily cooperate when Trump nominates his choice for the same position is absolutely insane.
And why Kelly Conway can't understand this is truly amazing.

Republicans, and I have in mind old sour puss Mitch McConnell and shit kicker Iowa senator Chuck Grassley, how they would dare deny Obama, the little black kid in their mind, to deny Obama his US Supreme Court justice and then fully expect the white guy Donald Trump to be given every consideration and respect for his nomination is nothing short of deplorable.
Democrats need to resist, block, and refuse to cooperate at every turn.
And if democrats had the balls to do just that, in the end they would at least gain back their self respect, if not the winning back of the very people that had supported Donald Trump.
Democrats could win them back, all of them.
If only they had the balls.

This is going to be the real test for democrats once Trump takes over.
The test whether or not democrats and the party can survive, the country can survive, of if both are destine to fade away into history.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Nope. Get out of the way and let it all burn. Americans voted for this. Give the people what they want.

Reactions: ivwshane

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Prepare for.....
Low unemployment
Robust economy
Lower illegal immigration
Higher deportation
Highest GDP in years
Safety through our military strength
Decreased terrorism
Rebuilding a modern infrastructure
Repeal and replacement of the failing Obamacare
Lower taxes for the middle class
Better trade agreements
Less companies moving off shore
Industry and manufacturing revitalization
Improvement of inner cities
A big FU to globalists
Better care for our Vets

I really see a lot of daylight and, frankly, I don't get all the whining. If Trump accomplishes half of these things, I'll be a happy camper.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Dude...you've moved into smoking some moonbeam-quality stuff...

I foresee a disaster in the USA.

Reactions: Thebobo

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Dude...you've moved into smoking some moonbeam-quality stuff...

I foresee a disaster in the USA.

To a liberal, everything good always will look bad. Doesn't fit their world view. I don't have a world view, I have a USA view, as I am an American first.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
The OP is so deeply invested in his hysteria that he is not even aware that Democrats can do absolutely nothing regarding cabinet appointments because of Harry Reid. Yes, Senate Democrats willingly neutered themselves. A few of the brighter ones tried to talk them out of it but Dingy Harry would hear none of it. Harry is a real smart feller. Or is it fart smeller? Trump's cabinet will be Harry's legacy.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Soon the Trumpies will take over and what the minority democrats need to do in congress is to BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK every single Trump nomination/appointee/legislation proposal and every US Supreme Court nomination these guys put out there regardless of the consequences.
Yes, even if they nail their proposals onto other common sense legislation like funding the government or funding the military, it needs to be blocked at all cost.

And what gets me, watching Kelly Conway WHINING on TV about "BOO HOO HOO... WHY CAN'T EVERYONE JUST ACCEPT THE FACT DONALD TRUMP WILL BE THEIR PRESIDENT???".

And now we hear rumors from democrats hinting that they "could" support i.e. go along with "certain" Trump appointees and Trump nominations.
Bad move fellas.... Really bad move.

It's time for democrats to play LETS MAKE A DEAL with the incoming Trump administration.
If republicans really want democrats to "go along" with their agenda and nominations (to a point), then first republicans must give Obama his US Supreme Court justice.
Donald Trump must first nominate Obama's choice of Merrick Garland as the next US Supreme Court justice and republicans in congress must then confirm Garland to the high court.
The very idea that republicans could have been so dismissive and insulting to Obama denying his pick of Merrick Garland, then somehow expect democrats to happily cooperate when Trump nominates his choice for the same position is absolutely insane.
And why Kelly Conway can't understand this is truly amazing.

Republicans, and I have in mind old sour puss Mitch McConnell and shit kicker Iowa senator Chuck Grassley, how they would dare deny Obama, the little black kid in their mind, to deny Obama his US Supreme Court justice and then fully expect the white guy Donald Trump to be given every consideration and respect for his nomination is nothing short of deplorable.
Democrats need to resist, block, and refuse to cooperate at every turn.
And if democrats had the balls to do just that, in the end they would at least gain back their self respect, if not the winning back of the very people that had supported Donald Trump.
Democrats could win them back, all of them.
If only they had the balls.

This is going to be the real test for democrats once Trump takes over.
The test whether or not democrats and the party can survive, the country can survive, of if both are destine to fade away into history.
You have to win elections and maintain majorities or unified opposition to make demands.

Stop nominating poor candidates, or letting the Pelosi's of the party set the strategy.

More introspection, less flailing.

Kazukian

Platinum Member
Aug 8, 2016
"If republicans really want democrats to "go along" with their agenda and nominations (to a point), then first republicans must give Obama his US Supreme Court justice."

Sportage, were you dropped on your head by your parents as a child?

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
To a liberal, everything good always will look bad. Doesn't fit their world view. I don't have a world view, I have a USA view, as I am an American first.
LOL fuck you. I wouldn't be surprised if you can't find one post from the last eight years where you acknowledged Obama did something good.

VtPC83

Mar 5, 2008
I think the point OP is trying to make is that if the GOP doesn't want Democrats blocking or slowing down every single thing the GOP wants to do now that they are in office they should give a little and recognize that they've been doing the same thing for the last 8 years.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Prepare for.....
Low unemployment
Robust economy
Lower illegal immigration
Higher deportation
Highest GDP in years
Safety through our military strength
Decreased terrorism
Rebuilding a modern infrastructure
Lower taxes for the middle class
Better trade agreements
Improvement of inner cities
A big FU to globalists
Better care for our Vets

I really see a lot of daylight and, frankly, I don't get all the whining. If Trump accomplishes half of these things, I'll be a happy camper.
Look how insane you are, we already have a lot of that. Tell me how awesome Obama was for getting us here though.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I think the point OP is trying to make is that if the GOP doesn't want Democrats blocking or slowing down every single thing the GOP wants to do now that they are in office they should give a little and recognize that they've been doing the same thing for the last 8 years.
First off, conservatives will never acknowledge that. They are the most intellectually bankrupt group in the solar system at this point.

Secondly, Dems have been criticizing the GOP for being obstructionists, as we should have been. Therefore, we should not be obstructionists ourselves. That would be hypocritical. Get the fuck out of the way and let the GOP run fucking wild. Get in the way and they will just blame all the shit that comes form this on Democrats' obstructionism.

Reactions: ivwshane

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005

Funny, there was no "give a little" when obummercare was rammed through without a single gop vote. There was no give a little when the president said "elections have consequences". Now there needs to be "give a little"? Nope. Ignore the whining lefties and lets get started with making the country great again asap. Roll back stupid executive orders, get rid of crappy legislation, reign in government agencies. That would be a great start.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Prepare for.....
Low unemployment - Done
Robust economy- Done
Lower illegal immigration- Done
Higher deportation- Done
Highest GDP in years- Done
Safety through our military strength- Done
Decreased terrorism- Done
Rebuilding a modern infrastructure - Blocked by GOP Congress
Lower taxes for the middle class- Done
Better trade agreements
Improvement of inner cities- Done
A big FU to globalists
Better care for our Vets- Done

Okay, so Trump needs to focus on trade, health care, and infrastructure. Sounds like his natural allies will be the Dems. Tariffs, single payer health, and a real stimulus package should do the trick.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Funny, there was no "give a little" when obummercare was rammed through without a single gop vote. There was no give a little when the president said "elections have consequences". Now there needs to be "give a little"? Nope. Ignore the whining lefties and lets get started with making the country great again asap. Roll back stupid executive orders, get rid of crappy legislation, reign in government agencies. That would be a great start.
Stop lying. The Dems went down on their knees to appease the GOP on Obamacare. By the time the bill was brought to a vote, it was a deeply conservative bill. After getting damn near everything they asked for, the GOP wankers walked away from the bill.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Stop lying. The Dems went down on their knees to appease the GOP on Obamacare. By the time the bill was brought to a vote, it was a deeply conservative bill. After getting damn near everything they asked for, the GOP wankers walked away from the bill.

Blah blah blah blah. How many gop votes were there for the obummercare monstrosity? Exactly 0. Not even more liberal gop'ers in more liberal areas voted for it. Not a single one. That makes it pretty obvious there was absolutely no cooperation or "give a little", it was simply "we do it our way and you guys just STFU". Well, now it's time to take the same approach to undo the damage done over the past 8 years.

shady28

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2004

Democrats already eviscerated themselves in their rush to give Obama more power. They are now powerless to stop Trump.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_option#Events_of_November_2013

Events of November 2013[edit]
"On November 21, 2013, the Senate voted 52-48, with all Republicans and 3 Democrats voting against, to eliminate the use of the filibuster against all executive branch nominees and judicial nominees other than to the Supreme Court. At the time of the vote there were 59 executive branch nominees and 17 judicial nominees awaiting confirmation.[59]"

Reid, Democrats trigger ‘nuclear’ option; eliminate most filibusters on nominees

"In the long term, the rule change represents a substantial power shift in a chamber that for more than two centuries has prided itself on affording more rights to the minority party than any other legislative body in the world. Now, a president whose party holds the majority in the Senate is virtually assured of having his nominees approved, with far less opportunity for political obstruction."

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Blah blah blah blah. How many gop votes were there for the obummercare monstrosity? Exactly 0. Not even more liberal gop'ers in more liberal areas voted for it. Not a single one. That makes it pretty obvious there was absolutely no cooperation or "give a little", it was simply "we do it our way and you guys just STFU". Well, now it's time to take the same approach to undo the damage done over the past 8 years.
No, it means the GOP leadership maintained party discipline and were already in their eight year "Party first, fuck America" mode.

Reactions: umbrella39

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Lying sack of shit.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Democrats already eviscerated themselves in their rush to give Obama more power. They are now powerless to stop Trump.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_option#Events_of_November_2013

Events of November 2013[edit]
"On November 21, 2013, the Senate voted 52-48, with all Republicans and 3 Democrats voting against, to eliminate the use of the filibuster against all executive branch nominees and judicial nominees other than to the Supreme Court. At the time of the vote there were 59 executive branch nominees and 17 judicial nominees awaiting confirmation.[59]"

Reid, Democrats trigger ‘nuclear’ option; eliminate most filibusters on nominees

"In the long term, the rule change represents a substantial power shift in a chamber that for more than two centuries has prided itself on affording more rights to the minority party than any other legislative body in the world. Now, a president whose party holds the majority in the Senate is virtually assured of having his nominees approved, with far less opportunity for political obstruction."
As it should be. They should have nuked the filibuster for everything. The GOP is certain to nuke it all if the Dems start filibustering a fraction of the number of times the GOP has during Obama's term.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
As it should be. They should have nuked the filibuster for everything.

The saying "be careful what you wish for" comes to mind. That decision in 2013 to nuke the filibuster is now coming back to bite the dems in the butt.

The GOP is certain to nuke it all if the Dems start filibustering a fraction of the number of times the GOP has during Obama's term.

We'll see if they go that route or not. As with the democrats, I'd say to the repubs, be careful what you wish for......

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

What's interesting is that you have decided that Republicans' documented, conscious effort not to support anything the Democrats did is somehow the Democrats' fault. Did you forget that literally the night of Obama's inauguration they decided the correct course forward was not to agree with Obama on anything?

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/article/the-republicans-plan-for-the-new-president/

If Party A refuses to go along with anything Party B proposes, regardless of what it is, why is it Party B's fault when they accept that reality and go it alone?