If Obama is Not Nominated I Am Leaving The Democratic Party

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Originally posted by: eskimospy
Originally posted by: BoomerD
From where I stand, neither Obama nor Hillary will be elected in November. There are just too many people who dislike one or the other, and their constant bickering is driving undecided voters to McCain.

Once again, the Democratic Party has let down its core voters by pandering to the special interests and fringes. I get SO FUCKING TIRED of gettting candidates that are as bad as (instead of better than) the Republican candidates, but for a variety of reasons, really aren't electable...sure, Gore and Kerry did pretty well in their respective attempts, but the Republican Election Machine and Spin Control knocked them out of the running.

What is this based on? "too many people dislike one or the other" how? Is this why both of them consistantly poll ahead of McCain? Who do you think among Democrats is "electable"?

Oh ye doubting Thomas...just watch. Right now, the Repubs aren't attacking either of the Democratic candidates...they don't have to, they're doing it to each other, saving the Repubs the work, but once the party had picked its candidate...

Look at how many people post HERE about their hatred for Hillary...and this is only a relatively small slice of the population. People everywhere HATE Hillary, and will vote for McCain rather than see her in office. I personally know too many people who would vote for McCain rather than vote for a black person, regardless of qualifications, and I live in a fairly liberal part of Northern Kahleeforneeya.

I really don't know WHO the Dems have that might be truly electable...none of the names in this year's early race struck me as being "THE ONE" that might be able to both satisfy registered Democrats and undecided voters as well. MAYBE Obama has what it takes to draw that undecided vote, but I think, that in open primary states, Republicans are voting for him because they think he'll be easier to beat than Hillary.

I definitely could be surprised in November...and I HOPE so...I DO NOT like McCain in the slightest.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Darkstar757
I am so sick of the lies and Hillary's comeback story. Simple Math tells me its not possible for her to win. If the Super Del's or some other shady entity places her in his spot im done.

I am not implying this will be a trend. However, if I am going to party with the devil. I might as well dance with the devil in the pale of moon light.

:|

I will vote for McCain before I vote for this evil shedog.

great, if obama wins i'll vote for mccain as well.

obama has no chance against mccain.

he's gotten nothing but a cake walk from the press, while hilary has been lynched in the press for the longest time yet still hot on his heels. she's by far the stronger candidate.

MagicConch

Golden Member
Apr 7, 2005
I really don't get why anyone would vote for McCain over Clinton if they are a strong Obama supporter. Clinton is much closer obviously and will be more supportive of what Obama wishes to accomplish in Congress than McCain ever will. In the end getting those goals accomplished is what I would think matters to those who support him.

I personally would prefer McCain to Obama b/c of the difference stances on some issues.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by: MagicConch
I really don't get why anyone would vote for McCain over Clinton if they are a strong Obama supporter. Clinton is much closer obviously and will be more supportive of what Obama wishes to accomplish in Congress than McCain ever will. In the end getting those goals accomplished is what I would think matters to those who support him.

I personally would prefer McCain to Obama b/c of the difference stances on some issues.

Putting issues aside, and I think many voters do, I think Obama and Clinton are just about polar opposites.

Obama is "unity unity"

Clinton is "fight fight"

And I think many people are just flat-out sick of the partisan fighting in DC.

I think McCain is somewhere in between Obama and Clinton on that scale of "unity" vs "fight". Actually, McCain has quite a track record of working across the ailse with the Dems. That might make him more attractive to some who don't care for the "fight fight" stuff.

Fern

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
great, if obama wins i'll vote for mccain as well.

obama has no chance against mccain.

he's gotten nothing but a cake walk from the press, while hilary has been lynched in the press for the longest time yet still hot on his heels. she's by far the stronger candidate.

Why? Because she's white? Or because her husband is Bill Clinton? Or because she's a DINO and you'd rather vote for a Republican anyway?

Or... (and I think this is the most likely truth) because you're more interested in being right on fantasy internet forums than in what is really best for the country?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Fern

Putting issues aside, and I think many voters do, I think Obama and Clinton are just about polar opposites.

Obama is "unity unity"

Clinton is "fight fight"

I think McCain is somewhere in between Obama and Clinton on that scale of "unity" vs "fight". Actually, McCain has quite a track record of working across the ailse with the Dems. That might make him more attractive to some who don't care for the "fight fight" stuff.

Fern

I'd call this an accurate assessment. The Obama crowd is genuinely interested on moving the country forward, while the Hillary crowd seems fixated on getting revenge for the last 8 years.

However, the OP's motivation has already been addressed. That, as an African American, he would be personally insulted by the Democratic party leadership if it were to pick Hillary for the nomination over a black candidate who has already won the majority of the pledged delegates. And who can blame him, especially considering all of the racist comments in this thread?

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Vic

Obama is "unity unity"

Clinton is "fight fight"

Fern

I'd call this an accurate assessment. The Obama crowd is genuinely interested on moving the country forward, while the Hillary crowd seems fixated on getting revenge for the last 8 years.

However, the OP's motivation has already been addressed. That, as an African American, he would be personally insulted by the Democratic party leadership if it were to pick Hillary for the nomination over a black candidate who has already won the majority of the pledged delegates. And who can blames, especially considering all of the racist comments in this thread?

baseless generalizations are fun.

I'd call this an inaccurate assessment. The Obama crowd is genuinely interested in sipping the koolaid while blogging on their macbooks or voting blindly because he's black / they think she's a bitch / they don't want to seem like racists in front of their neighbors, while the Hillary crowd seems fixated on electing someone with concrete solutions, more time in the senate, and experience on the armed services committee during a time in which we're engaged in two wars.

why are you so fixated on marginalizing the 49% of democratic voters who think differently than you?

winnar111

Banned
Mar 10, 2008
From where I stand, neither Obama nor Hillary will be elected in November. There are just too many people who dislike one or the other, and their constant bickering is driving undecided voters to McCain.

Once again, the Democratic Party has let down its core voters by pandering to the special interests and fringes. I get SO FUCKING TIRED of gettting candidates that are as bad as (instead of better than) the Republican candidates, but for a variety of reasons, really aren't electable...sure, Gore and Kerry did pretty well in their respective attempts, but the Republican Election Machine and Spin Control knocked them out of the running.

What is this based on? "too many people dislike one or the other" how? Is this why both of them consistantly poll ahead of McCain? Who do you think among Democrats is "electable"?

The Clintons are more electable. Proof? They've already been elected.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: loki8481

Obama is "unity unity"

Clinton is "fight fight"

Fern

However, the OP's motivation has already been addressed. That, as an African American, he would be personally insulted by the Democratic party leadership if it were to pick Hillary for the nomination over a black candidate who has already won the majority of the pledged delegates. And who can blame him, especially considering all of the racist comments in this thread?

I'd call this an inaccurate assessment. The Obama crowd is genuinely interested in sipping the koolaid while blogging on their macbooks or voting blindly because he's black / they think she's a bitch / they don't want to seem like racists in front of their neighbors, while the Hillary crowd seems fixated on electing someone with concrete solutions, more time in the senate, and experience on the armed services committee during a time in which we're engaged in two wars.

why are you so fixated on marginalizing the 49% of democratic voters who think differently than you?

And now you're just trolling senseless ignorant bullsh!t.

I have studied and evaluated carefully the issues, positions, and solutions on both sides, and found Obama's positive approach to be the more genuine and ethical, while Hillary's ego-driven negativity and mandates to be more likely to further drive a wedge in this already divided country.
You can continue to play the dumb Hillarybot games all you want, with the usual lies, blatant hate, and endless doublespeak, but be warned I'm not some clueless koolaid sipper.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: winnar111

The Clintons are more electable. Proof? They've already been elected.

Okay, then they can't run under the 22nd amendment.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004

Obama is "unity unity"

Clinton is "fight fight"

Fern

I have studied and evaluated carefully the issues, positions, and solutions on both sides, and found Obama's positive approach to be the more genuine and ethical, while Hillary's ego-driven negativity and mandates to be more likely to further drive a wedge in this already divided country.
You can continue to play the dumb Hillarybot games all you want, with the usual lies, blatant hate, and endless doublespeak, but be warned I'm not some clueless koolaid sipper.

I think my assertion that Obama voters are all suffering from white liberal guilt is about as accurate as your assertion that all Hillary voters are all hellbent on enacting revenge schemes.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

Obama is "unity unity"

Clinton is "fight fight"

Fern

I think my assertion that Obama voters are all suffering from white liberal guilt is about as accurate as your assertion that all Hillary voters are all hellbent on enacting revenge schemes.

No, because I can back up my assertion with quotes from the candidates themselves, while you're just being an Obamahater.

M0RPH

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2003

Obama is "unity unity"

Clinton is "fight fight"

Guess what, most of the country does not have things quite as easy as the yuppies who support Obama. They identify with a scrappy fighter.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004

Obama is "unity unity"

Clinton is "fight fight"

Fern

No, because I can back up my assertion with quotes from the candidates themselves, while you're just being an Obamahater.

what polling data or widespread statements from clinton voters make you think they're all in it for revenge?

glutenberg

Golden Member
Sep 2, 2004
Originally posted by: M0RPH

Obama is "unity unity"

Clinton is "fight fight"

Guess what, most of the country does not have things quite as easy as the yuppies who support Obama. They identify with a scrappy fighter.

Because Obama didn't spend his early years living in one of the poorest areas in Chicago in order to work as a community organizer? People who like fighters can associate with both of the candidates as long as they are not being purposely mislead by smear campaigns. What people don't like is fighting for no reason other than the desire to be difficult, to stymie the opposition. Basically, scrappy for a purpose is good, scrappy to delay is bad.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
what polling data or widespread statements from clinton voters make you think they're all in it for revenge?

I think it is now safe to assume that you have not actually watched any of the debates.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004

I think it is now safe to assume that you have not actually watched any of the debates.

sure. so what polling data or widespread statements from clinton voters make you think they're all in it for revenge?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

sure. so what polling data or widespread statements from clinton voters make you think they're all in it for revenge?

Ignoring the fact that you're just trolling and being intentionally obtuse... I'll humor you.

"It took a Clinton to clean up after the first Bush and it'll take another Clinton to clean up after the 2nd."

Contrast that with Obama's messages of "bringing people together," "bipartisanship," "healing," etc. and one would think it would be obvious. But hey, I don't think I should expect so much from someone who argues that -- IN A DEMOCRACY -- 49% of the voters shouldn't be ignored.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004

Ignoring the fact that you're just trolling and being intentionally obtuse... I'll humor you.

"It took a Clinton to clean up after the first Bush and it'll take another Clinton to clean up after the 2nd."

Contrast that with Obama's messages of "bringing people together," "bipartisanship," "healing," etc. and one would think it would be obvious. But hey, I don't think I should expect so much from someone who argues that -- IN A DEMOCRACY -- 49% of the voters shouldn't be ignored.

I think you just made my head explode. lol.

Obama preaches unity, so it's ok to marginalize the other half of democratic voters who voted for Hillary, like the republicans marginalized the minority when they were in control of congress?

I'm really (seriously) not being obtuse. I don't see how a statement like "it takes a clinton to clean up after a bush" means that all of Hillary's voters, or even Hillary herself, is interested in revenge politics. she certainly hasn't acted like she's interested in revenge as a senator in the majority party.

RY62

Mar 13, 2005

I haven't seen anything from him, one way or the other, to say if this is true or not. So far, it's just words. The words and actions of his followers, on the other hand, speak loud and clear. The hatred, divisiveness, accusations, name calling, etc. If I were even considering a vote for Obama I could never do it because it would feel like I was casting a vote for all the Hitlery, Hildebeast, etc. hatemongers.