If Microsoft Windows and most of it's major applications were written by women how would it look?

steppinthrax

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2006
Just thought of this for a second. Most of the programmers are us men of course. If windows was written by mainly women as well as office and other applications how would the program be and how would it behave.

NuroMancer

Golden Member
Nov 8, 2004
It would be all pink and pretty!

Seriously tho? I find that the women developers I know tend to be too picky, things have to be perfect.

Oh, and I probally wouldn't be able to play games. :(

Edit: And probally increased parental controls. Like something that turns it off after 1 hour.

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
I have a feeling we could never get rid of the nag popups.

Quasmo

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2004
Windows would be very buggy and crash excessively, and programs would have bloat from no where, but this would only occur for 3 days every 28 days.

thecoolnessrune

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Think Windows Millennium Edition.. It wouldn't run that well, as it would be designed to look pretty rather than work well. Minesweeper wouldn't be there as that is too barbaric. It would be replaced with BRATZ Diamondz edition dress up game.

Most importantly, when the computer errors, the general fault error would be replaced with a long list of what you had to have done to cause that problem, how you always cause that problem, and that you don't listen enough to it when it gives you warnings that the problem was about to occur.... which was your fault..

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
Originally posted by: Quasmo
Windows would be very buggy and crash excessively, and programs would have bloat from no where, but this would only occur for 3 days every 28 days.

You have described what happens currently because the nerds get distracted with the jalba jpg's every 14 seconds. :p

Windows would be clean, that's all I have to say! :p

Snapster

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2001
Originally posted by: jtvang125
Such a product already exist. It's called OS X. :D

I was........gonna suggest that. :)

Anyway. The error messages would say the complete opposite of what was actually the error in the first place, and it?s a given that it'd always be your fault. ;)

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Constant and useless babble would emit from the program.

"Did you close the file yet?" Yes/No/I feel lonely
"Are you sure you closed the file?" Yes/No/It's a pretty dialog box
"Did you spell check?" Yes/No/I feel like crying
"I don't like your tone of writing" Yes/
"Bold this text?" Yes/No/I don't feel like bolding today
"Did you hear what Betty did?" Yes/No/oh no she didn'!

Zedtom

Platinum Member
Nov 23, 2001
I would automatically print a hard copy of every web page so that you could find what you were looking for yesterday on the internet, or was it last week?

Jun 4, 2005
Originally posted by: Quasmo

Instead of 26 out of 28 days like it is now?

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Internet Explorer would become judgmental about your pr0n viewing habits.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: Phokus
Internet Explorer would become judgmental about your pr0n viewing habits.
There would be no viewing allowed

trmiv

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Every morning at boot up the computer would automatically change its appearance settings and wallpaper multiple times, each time asking you "How does this look?" followed by "Are you sure it doesn't make my monitor look fat?" Eventually it would get fed up with your non-committal answers and pop up a prompt that said "WHATEVER!"