If men are not angels, then who shall run the state?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
That's what I want to know.

Madison was wrong because dr. Paul is an angel and the latter is the one exception to the 535 gang on Capitol hill... in other words, angels apparently don't like to run the state while demons do like to run the state. Therefore, I've successfully refuted James Madison... haven't I?

Agent11

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear.

Thomas Jefferson

You should ponder more Jefferson and less Madison.

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
If only we could get you to confine yourself to anti-liberal rants, you'd have a job waiting for you in conservative talk.

Anti-angelic demons, indeed.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear.

Thomas Jefferson

You should ponder more Jefferson and less Madison.
Thank you for the reply:). Anyway, I do ponder jefferson also (see below on that) but Madison made some bad arguments, he lied his ass off, and the Federalists still couldn't get their proposal legally ratified.

I ponder Jefferson because he did not believe that anarchy was good for large societies, which meant he didn't care about ethics as much as dr. Paul did. The Declaration of Independence, which he authored, also contained a major flaw (i.e., it was for replacing bad govts with new govts rather than abolition of govt and replacement with nothing) and I don't like how Jefferson believed voting to be a duty for all white men. Voting should be a duty for no one and people who vote should kind of be held responsible.

All of that said... in spite of Jefferson being a little too majoritarian for my tastes (although he actually wasnt majoritarian since he didn't believe women and blacks should vote, although the point still stands), he was quite a bit more reasonable (made less dumb arguments) and ethical (favored less gov) than most of his compatriots, especially James Madison.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
dadvocate.jpg

Try the pork; it's diablicious!

MooseNSquirrel

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2009
If only we could get you to confine yourself to anti-liberal rants, you'd have a job waiting for you in conservative talk.

Anti-angelic demons, indeed.

I respectfully disagree with you here, I think Anarchist is pretty even handed in his critique (or defense) of both major political parties. including Obama.

Paulites are not modern day Republicans, and Anarchist tends to stick with topics revolving around the founders and Dr. Paul.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Jefferson? Madison? Who gives a flying fuck. Time to get off the drugs and come back to reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.