if it wasn't for that damn robert horry......

ctcsoft

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2003

screw Ginobli and Duncan. The only reason they got lucky and won is because of Robert Horry's clutch 3.

And the only reason they won game 7 is because Rasheed was on the bench most of the game in foul trouble.

the better team didn't win. the luckier team with home court advantage did.

:disgust:

Yes we were still out played and beat but the spurs are just borrowing the trophy for 1 year.

PowerMac4Ever

Banned
Dec 9, 2000
Well imho Detroit was pretty lucky against Miami. If Wade and Shaq were 100% healthy, it could have been different...

BrokenVisage

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
Originally posted by: ctcsoft

screw Ginobli and Duncan. The only reason they got lucky and won is because of Robert Horry's clutch 3.

the better team didn't win. the luckier team with home court advantage did.

And the only reason they won game 7 is because Rasheed was on the bench most of the game in foul trouble.

More like Duncan and Ginobili screwed you guys. Face it, they both stepped up their games when it mattered the most and you guys just couldn't break their defense. You can thank Sheed' for trying to double on Ginobili in game 5 out of the timeout to leave Horry open so he could make that clutch shot too. Det-riot was the lucky team for 4 games straight making all those jump shots, so don't tell me the better team didn't win and the luckier team did. Just keep telling yourself the Spurs are only borrowing the trophy for a year, because they got 3 rental years in the last 7 to you guys' 1.

ctcsoft

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2003
Originally posted by: newbiepcuser
Originally posted by: tfinch2
Damn you're like 3 days late...

He was in denial for 3 days that they lost.

damm right but were coming back strong.

when chauncey, rip, and sheed can all score less than 20 points and the game still be close??? who is the better or luckier team.

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
hey, you gotta get over it. D-town made it back to the finals after winning. not too many times do you get to see the '03 champs against the '04 champs. Detroit could have played better imho, but this series was all about which team was choking, and the home court advantage was HUGE obviously, although Horry's magnificent 3 negated it in game 5.

just be proud of your Pistons... they stood in there tough until the very end and deserve the utmost credit, but the Spurs were a great great team down the stretch... they had the character to make it through somehow - i don't know how honestly - but they did it and huuuuuuuuuge props to them.

i'm just so glad this quenched my playoff thirst a little bit. thanks NBA!!! :thumbsup:

:beer: to Pistons / Spurs final next year. I would LOVE to see it again. :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer: