If I Wanted America to Fail

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Wow, I'm used to right-wing propaganda, they forgot to add water to that one.

Goebells would applaud them.

Attack a correct understanding of the issue and risks as 'guilt mongering'.

Conflate the 'free market' with removing any protection for the environment.

Indeed, attack the education of children. Too many to list, every sentence false.

This is what you get when corrupt big interests buy 'social media marketing'.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
I don't know if America will or is failing, but that youtube video sucks.
Meh. It effectively inspired yet another nutter circle-jerk, full of empty-headed -- but OUTRAGED!!!! -- droids eagerly gulping the lies they're fed. Personally I'd resent being manipulated like that, but they seem to revel in it. I suspect Moonie could offer insight into why that is.

:)

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Republican dream of a "successful" America:
20091020luguang08.jpg

20091020luguang16.jpg

20091020luguang18.jpg

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
The same regulations you guys want to keep the giants from polluting, smash small guys from ever even entering. Create a giant monster that can be bought and sold, it will. Idiots. You want more and bigger government, an entity that doesn't exist, for the "greater good", then spit at Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, etc for their beliefs in what drives the "greater good". Pathetic individuals who don't wish for peace, equality and freedom, but wannabe slave owners who wish to shape the world into the mold they see fit. I like the video even if it is a little over the top. I doubt a lot of people mean to do harm, even though their idiotic policies and ideas end up do causing harm.

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
The end credit should have read: Brought to you by FUD.org

The video scenes were cool, but they could have at least had scarier background music.

alzan

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
The same regulations you guys want to keep the giants from polluting, smash small guys from ever even entering. Create a giant monster that can be bought and sold, it will. Idiots. You want more and bigger government, an entity that doesn't exist, for the "greater good", then spit at Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, etc for their beliefs in what drives the "greater good". Pathetic individuals who don't wish for peace, equality and freedom, but wannabe slave owners who wish to shape the world into the mold they see fit. I like the video even if it is a little over the top. I doubt a lot of people mean to do harm, even though their idiotic policies and ideas end up do causing harm.

So your answer is to not keep the giants from polluting. No thanks. Not giving up my health so someone else can profit.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Just follow the money trail...

http://www.freemarketamerica.org/

Free Market America is a project of Americans for Limited Government and Citizens for Lower Taxes and a Stronger Economy

Link ion the page leads to:
http://getliberty.org/

http://getliberty.org/about-alg/

ALG Senior Staff

Bill Wilson – President

Don Todd – Research Director

Rick Manning – Communications Director

Bill Wilson

Bill Wilson is regarded as one of the most eloquent and powerful political figures of his generation and for more than 30 years has worked to advance conservative, free-market issues. Over that time, he has become recognized as a top strategist and tactician on issue driven campaigns.

Wilson began his career as youth coordinator in the Reagan for President campaign of 1976, working the areas of northeast Maryland and southeastern Pennsylvania. That same year, he joined the National Right to Work Committee as an organizer in a number of western states. For the next ten years Wilson worked for the Right to Work Committee, attaining the position of Vice-President of Operations. He directed the successful enactment of the Idaho Right to Work law in 1986.

Subsequent projects directed by Wilson include regional operations to secure votes in support of President Reagan’s request for aid to the Freedom Fighters of Nicaragua, successful franchise battles by investor-owned utilities against government backed power Cooperatives, the development of a modern secondary mortgage market system in the newly freed Republic of Poland, and numerous Congressional campaigns.

In 1994 Wilson joined US Term Limits as an advisor managing various projects and initiative campaigns. As a founding Board member of Americans for Limited Government, Wilson sat on the Executive Committee of ALG until assuming the role as President of the organization in December, 2006. And in 2009, Wilson and his organization were featured in the New York Times.

Just another Tea Party propaganda mis-information site.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I think that everything in that video is correct. Those are exactly the things that will cause America to fail. After all what is America but the property and interests of the 1% that produced the video.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Fairly accurate representation of big government's assault on the people in the name of the people.

KeithP

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2000
I knew just the mention of failure would attract a certain element to this thread. ;)

-KeithP

KeithP

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2000
I knew just the mention of failure would attract a certain element to this thread. ;)

-KeithP

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
I think that everything in that video is correct. Those are exactly the things that will cause America to fail. After all what is America but the property and interests of the 1% that produced the video.

Others have property and interest under siege by the 1%, and those assaults are derived from the government, which happens to be owned by the 1%.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
If that's what you actually believe...then it's no wonder that you hate Republicans so much.

That is within the range of possibilities if you remove government regulation. If you choose to bury your head in the sand and hope for the best, doesn't mean the rest of us should.

Franz316

Sep 12, 2000
Government and the 1%(more like the .1%) are one in the same.

I don't see where they get the idea that we can't be prosperous and still protect the environment. The video speaks as if you have one, then you can't have the other and that is not the case.

At the end of the day no matter how free a market, or so called wealth accumulated, you still need clean water, clean air, and healthy food to eat. We shouldn't sacrifice the things that truly matter for a few bucks. Responsible growth will lead to long term prosperity for us and the planet.

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003

Anytime the private sector decides to start regulating themselves they can step up to the plate. Unfortunately they just keep showing everyone that they are either incapable or unwilling to do so.

The rest of us have been waiting for a couple thousand years; I guess we can wait a little longer.

alzan

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
LOL liberal fail. You realize those pictures are from China which has total government control over the economy, right? Exactly the type of control that you call for?

It is so amusing to watch liberals use pictures from China's ecological disaster as proof of what happens when big govt isnt allowed to run amuck in the private sector protecting everything in this country.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Anytime the private sector decides to start regulating themselves they can step up to the plate. Unfortunately they just keep showing everyone that they are either incapable or unwilling to do so.

The rest of us have been waiting for a couple thousand years; I guess we can wait a little longer.

alzan

After enacting enough regulation in the United States to send electronics manufacturing to china. Apple regulated itself about labor practices at one of their suppliers when Chinese govt policy didnt. How did they ever do that? Oh that is right, a vigilant public sent a msg to Apple. They didnt like labor practices at a supplier of Apple. If the public is able to do that from thousands of miles away. Imagine what it could do closer to home?

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
It is so amusing to watch liberals use pictures from China's ecological disaster as proof of what happens when big govt isnt allowed to run amuck in the private sector protecting everything in this country.
Are you guys even capable of honest arguments? Those aren't examples of what happens when "big govt isnt allowed to run amuck". They are examples of what happens when industry IS allowed to run amok, without a solid framework of environmental regulations to force a reasonable balance between greed and public health.

There are so many legitimate examples of government over-regulation. Focusing on environmental laws is a big loser with the American public as a whole. Americans don't want another China. They want clean air and clean water. They don't mind if that means factories have to pay more when they can't dump their toxic waste into our waterways.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Are you guys even capable of honest arguments? Those aren't examples of what happens when "big govt isnt allowed to run amuck". They are examples of what happens when industry IS allowed to run amok, without a solid framework of environmental regulations to force a reasonable balance between greed and public health.

There are so many legitimate examples of government over-regulation. Focusing on environmental laws is a big loser with the American public as a whole. Americans don't want another China. They want clean air and clean water. They don't mind if that means factories have to pay more when they can't dump their toxic waste into our waterways.

You need to reread what I wrote. Nowhere did I say those were examples of what happens when govt isnt allowed to run amuck. I was saying those pictures are used to promote the idea our govt should be allowed to run around doing what it pleases.