If i underpay/overpay prepaid postage for USPS, i can get that adjusted at the post office, right?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Phokus, May 6, 2007.

1. Phokus

Phokus Lifer

I sold some stuff on ebay and i used the prepay postage service on paypal for the first time. I usually bring my packages to the post office for them to weight, but this time i did it by myself and i weighed it on my digital bathroom scale... now i have some concerns that my bathroom scale isn't quite accurate (it's hard to explain). When i go down to the post office, will they weight the packages to be sure i got it right? And if i didn't, will they be able to do an adjustment for the difference?

2. IronWing

IronWing Lifer

You can always add postage. You're out of luck for any excess postage.

3. nonameo

nonameo Diamond Member

Underpay, Yes. I don't know about overpay.
    Actually, you should be able to cancel the USPS payment and get a refund, then go to the post office and pay.

4. Phokus

Phokus Lifer

Thanks guys!

5. andylawcc

andylawcc Lifer

exactly.

6. Slew Foot

Slew Foot Lifer

Whenever I prepay for labels online I just dump the boxes in the large package thing at the USPS. I've never had a problem with any pacakges and Im sure some of them were underweighed a bit.

7. intogamer

intogamer Lifer

If you overpaid, you are SOL. But you could cancel the label and wait 7-14days for a refund.

They won't get you for First Class stuff if its .X of an ounce. You can slide most of the time if you're about 1-2 ounces off also.

But if it's package, I would try to be accurate as possible. (Again if something like 2.1lbs (which would round to 3lbs rate) I would do 2lbs instead, or if it was 2.8lbs (rounds to 3lbs) I would just do 3lbs)