If I have a modded / banned Xbox 360 could I connect the Kinect to it?

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
So I have a modded/banned xbox 360. It plays burned games. I haven't used it in like a year. Anyway if I get the Kinect for it, will I even be able to use it? Meaning I assume there are patches and things I need to download. However since it's been banned is this a problem?

Also, please no preaching about a banned xbox 360. A friend modded it and then gave it to me b/c he only cares about online gaming and it was worthless to him. Now I want to turn it into a Kinect machine for the kids.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
it will work fine. any game that requires the latest patched version of kinect will have the patch on the disc.

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
it will work fine. any game that requires the latest patched version of kinect will have the patch on the disc.

Thanks purbeast0!! That's great news. I was debating between Kinect and Wii U, but since I already own a 360 the Kinect is a great way for me to go for now, and saves me some money.

alangrift

May 21, 2013
Well you could download the updates for the connect and stuff of of your computer and out them on a USB drive and install them that way.