If i get a headset mini plug converter to plain stereo headphone miniplug which part will work???

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
i just want to plug the headset into the pc microphone input, i dont care about the headset speaker. would this work? or would it be wired wrong? i figure theres a 50% chance since stereo is two channels, and only one would be needed for microphone from headset.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
so that would wire both the headphone speaker and the microphone to the microphone input. is that bad?

Heisenberg

Lifer
Dec 21, 2001
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
so that would wire both the headphone speaker and the microphone to the microphone input. is that bad?

It probably won't cause any problems. Try it and find out. I'm curious as to why the speaker and the mic are on one plug. Usually there's two separate ones.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
not for telephone headsets:) u know.. hands free. the miniplug is slightly smaller then a headphone plug, which is why i would need a converter.

MeanMeosh

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Heisenberg
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo

It probably won't cause any problems. Try it and find out. I'm curious as to why the speaker and the mic are on one plug. Usually there's two separate ones.

its all about integration :p

MeanMeosh

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2001
now i'm not sure about this... but i think that the tip of the plug conducts either the mic or the sound, and the side of the plug conducts the other one.