If ''Family guy'' was made into an anime

Jinru

Feb 6, 2006
lol throw in a alittle Gundam, Love Hina, and Hellsing and you have blood sucking vampires looking for love on their mechanized mobile suits :).

And Stewie can be Doraemon....

Bootprint

Diamond Member
Jan 11, 2002
Originally posted by: Jinru
lol throw in a alittle Gundam, Love Hina, and Hellsing and you have blood sucking vampires looking for love on their mechanized mobile suits :).

Staring Quagmire as the tentacle monster.

AnyMal

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Originally posted by: Pioneer Premier
I think that would be very interesting. Maybe even enjoyable. :cool:

Umm.. Family Guy IS animated, so...............

randay

Lifer
May 30, 2006
Originally posted by: SuperNaruto
animated is not anime

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anime

are you dumb? its in the first line of what you just linked....

Anime (???, Anime?) (IPA pronunciation: [?nime] in Japanese, but typically ['æn??me(?)] or ['æn??me(?)] in English) is an abbreviation of the word "animation". Outside Japan, the term most popularly refers to animation originating in Japan.

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
Originally posted by: Bootprint
Originally posted by: Jinru

Staring Quagmire as the tentacle monster.

hahahah

that was classic

ChooChooChooseMe

Platinum Member
Apr 7, 2005
Originally posted by: randay
animated is not anime

Anime (???, Anime?) (IPA pronunciation: [?nime] in Japanese, but typically ['æn??me(?)] or ['æn??me(?)] in English) is an abbreviation of the word "animation". Outside Japan, the term most popularly refers to animation originating in Japan.

:p

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: ChooChooChooseMe
animated is not anime

:p

What he probably meant to say is that American cartoons are done in a style far different than the majority of all anime.

SuperNaruto

Aug 24, 2006
animated is not anime

obviously you're dumber than i am..

[edit] The Anime Definition

Wikipe-tan, an example of the anime drawing styleDue to linguistics, the anime definition is subject to interpretation. In Japan, the term does not specify an animation's nation of origin or style; it is used as a blanket term to refer to all forms of animation from around the world.[5] In English, main dictionary sources define anime as "a Japanese style of motion-picture animation" or "a style of animation developed in Japan".[6] Thus, non-Japanese works are sometimes called anime if they borrow stylistically from Japanese animation.

In English speaking countries the word is used usually only to refer to animated programming of Japanese origin, with the term "cartoon" or "animated series" used for most other visual styles. The online anime database AniDB generally defines anime (in the singular form) as "an animated, professionally produced, feature film created by a Japanese company for the Japanese market";[5] conversely, any non-Japanese animation resembling anime (such as the American Teen Titans television series) is categorized as anime-influenced animation.

anime, animated, animation are all used differently and means different thing

what the hell is a anime-influenced animation then ?

randay

Lifer
May 30, 2006
the anime definition is subject to interpretation. In Japan, the term does not specify an animation's nation of origin or style; it is used as a blanket term to refer to all forms of animation from around the world.

Its why you need to stop thinking of wikipedia as a credible source of information. Anime is an abbreviation of animation, period. Any other definition is wrong or slang.

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
the anime definition is subject to interpretation. In Japan, the term does not specify an animation's nation of origin or style; it is used as a blanket term to refer to all forms of animation from around the world.

Its why you need to stop thinking of wikipedia as a credible source of information. Anime is an abbreviation of animation, period. Any other definition is wrong or slang.

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/anime
: a style of animation originating in Japan that is characterized by stark colorful graphics depicting vibrant characters in action-filled plots often with fantastic or futuristic themes

Better tell Merriam-Webster their definition is wrong and needs updating.

randay

Lifer
May 30, 2006
Originally posted by: BigJ

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/anime
: a style of animation originating in Japan that is characterized by stark colorful graphics depicting vibrant characters in action-filled plots often with fantastic or futuristic themes

Better tell Merriam-Webster their definition is wrong and needs updating.

Why? its not wrong.