If Blizzard release "classic" WoW realms...

Would you play the pre-expansion, 60-level version of WoW again?

• You're livin' in the past man! You're hung up on some clown from the 60's man! (I don't care)

• Yes

• No

• Maybe (maybe not the original game, but maybe Burning Crusade era?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jeff7181

Lifer
Aug 21, 2002
If Blizzard were to release some "classic" realms for World of Warcraft, that were the original 60 levels with the original races, quests, gear, talent trees, PVP, etc. would you play?

I would probably get back into it. The expansions ruined it for me. I'd probably renew my subscription if they did this.

Via

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2009
Probably not (I've had my fill), but I might log in for a few days to a free trial for nostalgia's sake.

It would be kind of cool to see all of the beginning areas teeming with real players again. What was that one place called again that had the first big dungeon that everyone did? Westfall? I can't even remember what the bandits were called anymore, but going through that dungeon with a group for the first time is one of my funnest gaming memories.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
The game had its time. It would not be the same anyway. The community and freshness of the game made it what it was then. Just be happy you got to enjoy the game at its best, which imo was everything up till the end of TBC.

Now it is just a used up old whore getting pimped and abused for every dollar that can be squeezed out of it.

TidusZ

Golden Member
Nov 13, 2007
already learned the bosses, mmo needs new bosses to remain fun. Game was damn good though, prolly best game ever made imo (but I don't think I'll ever play it again)

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
No. WoW was fun at the start, but not for the same reasons other MMO's were that you see people want too play classic servers on. Also, if I did play on such a server, I would only do so before they added battlegrounds, that was the worst decision they made. I remember world PvP would plentiful and great, soon as BG's were added it was killed, no one bothered leaving the instance portal area and sat in queue, and then they just made it so you can queue anywhere for it which killed the tiny bit of world PvP the people waiting in queue at the instance portals would go stir up to pass the time.

thejunglegod

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2012
I actually want a completely new Warcraft world Mmo on current gen. I dunno why blizzard isn't going for something like this. A completely overhauled engine and new game mechanics with current /next generation graphics would be a killer combination and blizzard can go back to minting more money.

Saylick

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2012
I actually want a completely new Warcraft world Mmo on current gen. I dunno why blizzard isn't going for something like this. A completely overhauled engine and new game mechanics with current /next generation graphics would be a killer combination and blizzard can go back to minting more money.

Maybe you should keep your eyes peeled for Project Titan then, if you haven't yet.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
While I got the game shortly after it was released, I didn't get into it until WotLK. I probably had less than 10hrs logged until then.

Then I played the crap out of it... but I always did like the old areas I got to go to after I was a high level. They did a really good job on them. I didn't like BC areas so much and LK areas were great.

I actually like MoP areas too, but I just couldn't get back into the grind. I leveled to 90 and quit.

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
Pass. And most people who say they would want to play probably would up until they login and actually realize how far back it really puts you and how stodgy and time consuming it is in comparison.

Legios

Feb 12, 2013
There was a lot wrong with the game even at that level. The main thing is that gear had very poor stats on it. I had one of the first epics which was a level 40 shield. It had I think Strength and spirit on it. The dungeon LFG system was terrible. You had to sit in a major city, just 1 as they werent chat linked at the time spamming for runs. Once you got that group you had to travel all the way to the zone. I basically leveled only in Azeroth since thats where Ironforge was.

Dont get me wrong, I had fun but knowing how it is now, I couldnt go back.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Nope, was many detractions from being restricted to vanilla to overcom the items added. No flight, no LFG, only 1 really usefull profession, leveling up was the main purpose of the game, reputations sucked, etc...

Renob

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000
If Blizzard were to release some "classic" realms for World of Warcraft, that were the original 60 levels with the original races, quests, gear, talent trees, PVP, etc. would you play?

I would probably get back into it. The expansions ruined it for me. I'd probably renew my subscription if they did this.

Bring back the 40man raids and hells yes!

JamesV

Platinum Member
Jul 9, 2011
Had a lot of fun with lvl 60 WoW, but played that content to death.

Only time there was a dungeon that I could run solo; the one with Razorgore or whatever, and all the skeletons and caster guys - ran most of that solo with my priest using mind control and locking down skeles.

Was cool to farm your own classes end game gear solo, but again, played it to death.

Jeff7181

Lifer
Aug 21, 2002
The game had its time. It would not be the same anyway. The community and freshness of the game made it what it was then. Just be happy you got to enjoy the game at its best, which imo was everything up till the end of TBC.

Now it is just a used up old whore getting pimped and abused for every dollar that can be squeezed out of it.

Now that I think about it, you're probably right. The community is probably why I don't like it anymore rather than the content.

crownjules

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2005
Wouldn't be interested at all. I'm tired of the typical MMO grind and that's all it would offer.

Phobic9

Golden Member
Apr 6, 2001
I honestly don't think there's anything that can get me to play WoW ever again. I had fun with it but it was time to move on (and I haven't really played since shortly after the 2nd expansion came out)... so I did.

Last edited:

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
There was a lot wrong with the game even at that level. The main thing is that gear had very poor stats on it. I had one of the first epics which was a level 40 shield. It had I think Strength and spirit on it. The dungeon LFG system was terrible. You had to sit in a major city, just 1 as they werent chat linked at the time spamming for runs. Once you got that group you had to travel all the way to the zone. I basically leveled only in Azeroth since thats where Ironforge was.

Dont get me wrong, I had fun but knowing how it is now, I couldnt go back.

You're right, but funny thing is, vanilla EQ was far harder. It was such a headache to get groups you might spend days or more after travelling to a spot.

It was pretty common you might log on, and spend an hour or two asking for a group, not find one, and log off. That's just not a competitive design now.

Rinaun

Golden Member
Dec 30, 2005
I voted yes, but just letting you know this would never happen. Period. They've changed way too much since vanilla for this to even be close to feasible without a large hefty rebuild of the game (which would cost some $$$$$).