If "Birds Aren't Real", then maybe "Bears aren't real", and maybe Nature isn't real...!

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Ever wonder, how Bears in Alaska, eat Salmon? IT HAS BONES! SHARP ONES!

How do the tiny, sharp bones, not prick them when they chew on the fish, or puncture their stomach / intestines if they eat the fish whole.

Ever wonder about this?

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015

How do the tiny, sharp bones, not prick them when they chew on the fish, or puncture their stomach / intestines if they eat the fish whole.

Ever wonder about this?
No. Bones are quite digestible if you break them apart (which bear jaws are happy to oblige). Only hollow bones shard when you roast them.

Reactions: Captante

Roger Wilco

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2017
Those bones permanently lodge themselves in the digestive track. As the bear ages and eats more fish, the bones accumulate and cause a torrent of internal bleeding. This blood pools together and gradually creates a massive hematoma
In the bear. Eventually, the hematoma becomes so massive that the bear explodes under the pressure. The hematoma continues to grow independent of its host, and it begins to feed on the local fauna. A small baby bear begins to form inside the hematoma, and ultimately breaks free of its mucous membrane. The baby bear will immediately go fishing and ravenously consume jagged fish bones, and thus the cycle continues.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Salmon bones are not that hard. I've eaten canned red salmon and pink salmon. They crumble...

Wild Salmon is great stuff healthwise(though my body finds it rather pathetic taste wise). Farmed salmon...I'd rather eaten a cheap chicken....or a pork sausage for vitamin K2.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
The bears just eat the fatty skin and eggs and discard the rest when the salmon are plentiful because they want the most calorie dense bits. They only eat the whole salmon when there aren't as many

Reactions: Charmonium

Number1

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006

Ever wonder about this?

I can't say that I have.
I wonder about other misterious things like your mental health.
Fun fact: Alaskan bears chew things when they eat.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
Bears are in the second wave of drones in the CIA plan to f*** mother nature. How do you people even have clearance to be read in on this?