If Anyone Is Tired Of ALL These WeenieHeads Selling/Trading PS2s For Retarded Amounts Of Money, Feel Free To Crap HERE!

ZipMach

Aug 27, 2000
Im Pretty sick of all these buttheads thinking they can buy a ps2 for 300$ and then come here with the tiny weenies they have and dare to ask Anandtech members for 600-1000++ dollars.

I thought we where here to bargain with each other, get good deals, trade hardware for hardware. Not freaking trying to scam us dry. We have trolls, now we have these PS2 fools.....

Seems you can't say nothing in there posts cause of "thread crapping". Hell, This is MY thread, so please, by all means.. feel FREE to say whatever is on your mind of these PS2s weenieheads on this thread.

Heh,"Hi, I have a ps2 for 675$ plus shipping..." Err, shove it up yer butt and heres a kick in your pants so hard, you be flying to Australia.. How's that for free shipping?

Jesus guys, I could at LEAST understand, if you bought it for 300$ and want to make 325$. But no, You got to have the $600 plus, you greedy little bastards..EAT ME! Hey, It's my thread.
I can crap on my thread!!

ZipMach

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
A PS2 is worth whatever people are willing to pay for it. You know what a Michael Jordan rookie card is worth? Last time I checked it was around $1,000. For a friggin' piece of cardboard.

If someone wants a PS2 bad enough to pay $1000 for it, more power to the person who has it now.

In the meantime, go jerk off at somebody else's BBS.

Stay the hell off of ours.

Viper GTS

Jmman

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 1999
Yep, we live in a market economy. PERIOD. This kind of stuff happens all the time. I purchased a Harley Davidson motorcycle a couple of months ago straight from the Harley Dealer. I paid $700 OVER Harley's recommended price, and I was happy doing it. Sometimes they are as much as 2000-3000 over the sticker price. Simple supply and demand....

ZipMach

Aug 27, 2000
Viper GTS, No thanks, Don't have your bad habits of jerking off, I'll let the girls do that for me. You so naive..and wtf kinda example is that? How are you going to compare michael jordans rookie card to a ps2? Dumbazz.. Are you saying the ps2 goes up in value everyear? Heh, think twice..

I don't care what kinda $$ people pay for a ps2. Nor do I care what people sell it for. Yeah, it bothers the sh!t out of me, members come here and try to sell them for 600-1000++ dollars, and the balls to ask for shipping. Take it to egay, sh!t like that don't belong here in my opinion. So before you use a lame example of a rookie card against a ps2, eat me.

ZipMach

Suicidal

Banned
Jul 23, 2000
Bah, don't let that Viper guy get all up on your nuts, tell him that's what the wrinkles are there for... he's l33t, don't cha know? Last i knew there weren't membership fees so i think Viper should STFU and be more civil. I think it's pretty rotten for people to buy like 3 playstations and try to gouge people who couldn't get one. I kinda want one but not really so i'm going to wait a few months or so and get one at like 250 bucks when the hype dies down.

SJ

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
So atleast the item actually exsists. Just do a search for Asherons Call Darktide. Ah look at those JBOTS for sale. Ok, ok maybe Im selling on there but still. There are ALOT of rich people, if they want to buy stuff because they can't get it(ala PS2 is sold out, or dont have the time to get the stuff in AC) so be it. No need to bitch about the people.

IBhacknU

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
ZipMach....

take your bitching and moaning here or here..

Most of us here understand economics and the whole concept of supply and demand. The rest of us don't give a rats a$$.

Also... nobody here is FORCING you or anyone else to pay $1000 for a PS2. That decision is soley up to the buyer

Russ

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
ZipMach.

You're a kid, right? If not, and you're an adult, than you'd have no excuse for your glaring inability to grasp adult concepts such as a free market. However, if you are a child, there is hope that you will one day develop the mental acuity that you currently lack.

Russ, NCNE

lowfatbaconboy

Golden Member
Oct 21, 2000
honestly how much does it cost to make one of those things?
50 bucks maybe?
if its anymore than that they are idoits....(ok i know this is random but) just like our military that pays the highest contractor for anything

ummm hrmmmm maybe that made no sense but im posting it anyway BUWHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAA

IBhacknU

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

<< honestly how much does it cost to make one of those things? $50 bucks? >>

I was under the impression most of the money is recouped by selling the licensing rights for the games.

nicene

Feb 20, 2000

lowfatbaconboy:

actually, i think it costs sony more than retail to make the ps2. nearly all companies lose money on the actual console system itself. the money is in the games. sony and sega make up the losses of their systems through royalties and in-house development.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Probably not even fifty dollars; don't forget the development costs were born by the aliens the stuff was reverse engineered from.

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Whoa, see what I get when I don't check a thread?

Look at dat, I done offended someone. Or maybe a couple someone's.

You know what? I don't really care!

Supply &amp; demand is really a very simple concept, as is a free market.

For those two in this thread who don't seem to get it, here's the basic theory:

Viper GTS's Supply &amp; Demand / Free Market Lesson

Supply &amp; Demand

Supply: How many items are available.
Demand: How many items are wanted.

The two work together to determine price.

High supply, low demand = low price
Low supply, high demand = high price

Doesn't matter whether we're talking PS2's, Jordan rookies, Dodge Vipers, or flush toilets. The concept is simple.

Free Market

There are two basic tenants of the free market:

1) The seller is free to set his own price for an item
2) The buyer is free to buy an item at whatever price he sees fit

Now, if you look at these, in relation to supply/demand, you see the following:

In an ordinary supply/demand relationship (eg not an inordinately low supply or high demand), the seller with the lowest price will generally make the sale as the buyer has plenty of options to choose from.

In a low demand/heavy supply situation, the seller has the burden of drawing customers by lowering their prices to ridiculous levels. They literally have so much stock they can't get rid of them. They may have to sell them at a loss to clear their shelf space.

In a low supply/heavy demand situation (eg the PS2 launch), the buyers will probably be willing to pay practically anything for the item. Thus the sellers can pretty much name their price. And probably turn a handsome profit.

As for you, Suicidal, WTF are you? If my post wasn't civil, what about ZipMach's original post? Let's see, what kind of language do we see?

buttheads
with the tiny weenies
PS2 fools
shove it up yer butt and heres a kick in your pants so hard, you be flying to Australia
you greedy little bastards
EAT ME!

Sad, sad little people we have here. Hey guys, I'll start a PayPal account &amp; we all pitch in &amp; get these two id10t's a life.

Viper GTS

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Viper, at least the more intelligent here understand the concept of Capitalizm. We live in a Capitalist Economy and that's the way things are done here. The weinies who refuse to acknowlege that or can't handle the truth should take a hike.....go to a country where things like this are &quot;governed&quot;. See how you enjoy living there. Whether you like it or not, everything you own, wear and eat is sold by somebody for a profit. :Q

Semper Fi

Golden Member
Dec 2, 1999
Oh everybody get off of your freakin' soap boxes. Apparently alot of people feel this way or they wouldn't be crapping all over the PS2 threads.

Anyway cut him some slack. Sheesh, a guy gives a little rant on something and he's subjected to economy lessons. At least he's posting in the off topic forum and not crapping on threads.
Then again if someone is stupid enough to pay $500+ for a PS2...

lotust

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2000
leave Zip alone or you will feal my Blowtourch on you Nutz :Q ( you all know your scared of me :Q

Suicidal

Banned
Jul 23, 2000
Man Viper, you got issues... Unless you're an expert in economics, spare us the lessons. The point of his post was to bitch about people being lame and buying up all the playstations they can find and gouging people. The people that buy them are the real fools. Has anyone noticed that the elite members are the ones who really use personal attacks??? Viper needs to get laid or something. Maybe he should have his computer time revoked until he can play nice with the other boys and girls.

ZipMach

Aug 27, 2000
I know the market freaking economy only too well. So does the same bull has to happen HERE?!?! No...

Don't politic me on the buy/sell/high demand bullsh!t young man. Hmm, maybe I'll go buy me some ps2s and sell them here and scrape up a 400$ profit too. So I can be cool live viper, eeeek.

This is NOT the place for ps2 highdemand economy bunk line you people passing off. You call me dumb? DUMB is the people who pays 900$+ for ps2s.. Now that is Dumb.

Cmon people, wtf!!! Do you really have to shell out 700++$ for a ps2?
For what>? My freaking computer is a the best ps2 in the world. Yep, I got DVD, high performance graphics, digital out, massive games, internet, highspeed bandwidth, etc. Why waste all that cash for a measle ps2?

Buying a ps2 for 300$ retail is ok, I guess. It piss me off ppl trying to profit big time On Anandtech and other places. People are doing this Maliciously and Intentionally. They spend all freaking night outside the store, buy 4 of them, and come here the next day,
&quot;duh, duh, duh, I gotz Ps2 FerTrade/ForSell, only Looken fer 600$, plus shippen....&quot; Heres a foot in yer butt, It'll ship you out to canada...

My post, and My crappin. Dont like it Viper? Ship on out too.
This is the OFF TOPIC forum correct? I can whine and b!tch here ALLLL DAY..

This ps2 crap selling is out of hand. Don't bring it here, my opinion. And I see the moderators locking thread on ps2 posts now, Amen. Thank you.

ZipMach

RGN

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2000
If the &quot;weenie heads&quot; want to TRY to sell their PS2's for &quot;retarded amounts of money&quot; what to you care? If people are STUPID enough to buy them, then it is just fine. Hello? It's how the free-market system works!!! If your dumb enough to pay that amount of money for the system, them I'm glad its yours, it will keep you out of my way! (not to mention off my roads)

Or is this post just here because someone didn't get one and has to wine?

So, no, I'm not tired of all the for sale posts of PS2's