If an envelope has insufficient postage will the post office ever deliver it

holden j caufield

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 1999
And he wants his original shipping fee + whatever extra the post office charged him. So I have to pay him more. Doesn't the post office just return to sender if there is insufficient postage.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Depends. If you mail a letter without any postage, it'll usually get returned to you, but if it's only missing a small portion, then they usually deliver it and collect the extra on the other end.

holden j caufield

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 1999
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BigJ
It looks like refunding him the entire shipping fee would cost you a pretty penny</end></div>

that is not the item. Ebay took it down. Actually I have contacted the post office and a previous seller also told me he tried to do this to get more money back.

everman

Lifer
Nov 5, 2002
Just refund him whatever the PO charged him, that sounds fair. I don't see why he should get the entire shipping fee refunded.

Oct 19, 2000
Originally posted by: everman
Just refund him whatever the PO charged him, that sounds fair. I don't see why he should get the entire shipping fee refunded.
Agreed. Reimburse him what he says he had to pay, and be done with it. Unless it was an actual package and the post office weighed it and stamped it themselves, then tell him to fvck off.

holden j caufield

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 1999
His "estimate" for refund was about 6.5 times the actual cost. It's not the money. It's fairly trivial. Postage for a 2 ounce object is .58 cents. He wants about $4. It's my fault for dealing with guys with bad track records

Ricemarine

Lifer
Sep 10, 2004
Originally posted by: holden j caufield
His "estimate" for refund was about 6.5 times the actual cost. It's not the money. It's fairly trivial. Postage for a 2 ounce object is .58 cents. He wants about $4. It's my fault for dealing with guys with bad track records

and by any chance did you ship with USPS Priority or USPS First Class?

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
They delivered it, but made him pay the extra postage, and for that he wants a refund of the ENTIRE shipping fee? That's stupid. If he had to go pick it up, that might be grounds to refund the shipping fee. He's just using a simple mistake to try to extort money out of you.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
make him prove the amount he paid. then pay that it. he should have got a receipt.