Question If already have mini-itx case is it worth it to go with mini-itx mobo for new build or better to just buy different case & larger mobo?

Coyle

May 15, 2020
Space isn't an issue; I have a spare Mini-itx case from a htpc build still new in box; is good case, can support large GPU, lots of cooling etc. I know prices are higher for the mini-itx. Would it be worth it to go with a mini-itx mobo or better to just get larger case and get micro or larger board (figuring $75 for case) Won't need extra slots, is going to child's new gaming pc, so just the GPU Slot.

Reactions: DAPUNISHER

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator and Elite Member
Aug 22, 2001
I would use it. Aside from the board It takes normal parts, even the PSU, which is nice. My case is stuck with an FSP 300W FLEX without going external power brick.

I did a build last week with the $99 Fatal1ty B450 ITX board Amazon suggests for the combo with your case. It is doing a great job with a 5600G.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
I would use it. Aside from the board It takes normal parts, even the PSU, which is nice. My case is stuck with an FSP 300W FLEX without going external power brick.

I did a build last week with the $99 Fatal1ty B450 ITX board Amazon suggests for the combo with your case. It is doing a great job with a 5600G.
that is almost identical to my HTPC build. I used the Thermaltake Core V1 case and 16GB of Corsiar Vengeance DDR 3600 ram.

Reactions: DAPUNISHER
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Motherboards 5
balloonshark Motherboards 33

ASK THE COMMUNITY