If a flat tax (at ~35%) with all other deductions removed was proposed, would you vote for it?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

A flat tax is 35% is proposed; every single deduction would be removed. Would you vote for it?

• Yes, I approve of a flat tax w/ no deductions

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • No, I disapprove of a flat tax w/ no deductions

Votes: 42 79.2%

• Total voters

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
What's more reasonable is to establish minimum tax requirements for people. A minimum amount that you cannot deduct below.

The government should not be in the position of being the primary employers of it's constituents. Vote for us or we will take away your money, food, and shelter. You don't see the problem with government having that level of control over people? WTF?
If government really that that level of control where they could take away food or shelter, they wouldn't need votes. I'm not concerned with an accountable government, made up of the people and acting for the people in response to the needs of the people, offering basic services. The current problem our government has its its not accountable, its not made of up the people and it's almost disdainful in its response to the people's needs.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Im against it. Im for a fair tax, although there are several flavors of this proposed. Most are close enough to be fair.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The government should not be in the position of being the primary employers of it's constituents. Vote for us or we will take away your money, food, and shelter. You don't see the problem with government having that level of control over people? WTF?

That's inane. The Jerb Creators have that power whether we vote for them or not. They're not accountable to the people at all.