IE got hijacked by Verizon- How to get rid of their "Verizon Online" tag?

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Every browser window now says "Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Verizon Online."

How do i get rid of the Verizon part?

THX!

Churnd

Dec 7, 2004
Sounds like the Verizon "tech" set up your computer. You can just uninstall whatever he/she installed and you should be set.

Joemonkey

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2001
search your reigstry for the exact terminology of what you don't want and change it to whatever you do want

Feb 19, 2001
LoL. I remember this 6 years ago when TCI @Home hijacked my computer. Wow then it became AT&T @Home and then AT&T Broadband and now COMCAST? Wow... Lame. How these companies all sucked and died so many times over and over.

ProviaFan

Lifer
Mar 17, 2001
Unrelated note: I hate ISP software that doesn't do anything useful and instead loads tons of useless crap and hijacks your browser with "useful" toolbars and "powered by" messages. I can set my computer for DHCP and type in my username and password on my own; you (the ISP) can keep the BS software off my system, thank you very much!

nweaver

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2001
I had quest dialup, and the were transitioning ot MSN. I called and told the MSN tech that I wasn't about to install their crap. I made them help me setup outlook and a regular dialup connection.

For reference, all that was required for the dialup saw MSN\usernam in the username field.

P0ldy

Dec 13, 2004
TweakXP will do it as well.

Some time ago, my IE browser said "Microsoft Internet Explorer: What Are You Thinking?"

asianguy80

Jan 20, 2004
regedit -> HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Microsoft -> Internet Explorer -> Main -> look for a reg on the right side that says "Window Title" and you can change it to whatever yo uwant it to say.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
Originally posted by: P0ldy
TweakXP will do it as well.

Some time ago, my IE browser said "Microsoft Internet Explorer: What Are You Thinking?"

LMAO classic.