IE 11 and this forum don't play well together

Status
Not open for further replies.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Just providing some information in case there is any interest. On my laptop running Windows 8.1 and my desktop running Windows 7, both running IE 11, perusing the forums is beyond a chore. Pages will not load, many instances of endless clocking with a refresh or multiple refreshes required, sometime the page will load but the content is squished over to the left half of the display as well as agonizingly slow page loads.

I tried changing security settings, restoring settings to defaults, everything I saw as potentially an issue. But I have to admit a lot of the settings are a mystery to me and I'm truly not interested in researching them all.

Anyway, I installed FF and right out of the box the forums run like they should.

I don't see any other complaints so i get that it may all remain a mystery.

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
I don't use IE11 for day-to-day use, however I do use it for tracking down forum issues. I cannot say I'm seeing anything wrong with the forums on IE11 at the moment. All of my testing has it performing as it should. So I am unsure as to what you're seeing and what may be causing it.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Thanks for your reply. I wish I could help more. I was convinced it was something to do with my laptop which I use far more than the desktop but the situation exists identically on both. Just now, I'm wondering if could be an issue related to NOD32. It's running on both.

Maybe that will be my next path of exploration.

Thanks again.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Same behavior in FF this morning but I see that the FF status bar gives me more information. "Waiting on a.tribalfusion.com..."

Clocking forever waiting for the page to load and I was unable to scroll or click on anything and get a response during that timeframe.

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
Unfortunately there's not much we can do about the ad servers. So if that is the root of your issue then I'm afraid I don't have any practical suggestions for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.