ID's Rage won't support dedicated servers either

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
This is why no one should buy MW2. If the PC version of MW2 does well, then more games will be straight ports without all the normal features expected of a PC game.

If you let them get away with being lazy, it will just get worse.

And by normal features you of course mean "features that I demand as a hardcore multiplayer". Personally, i dont give a damn. I wish more devs would drop multiplayer completely and make games $15-20 cheaper. If you want to play multi go buy SuckField3.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
And by normal features you of course mean "features that I demand as a hardcore multiplayer". Personally, i dont give a damn. I wish more devs would drop multiplayer completely and make games $15-20 cheaper. If you want to play multi go buy SuckField3.

Yes, because only hardcore gamers want to play multiplayer.

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
Yes, because only hardcore gamers want to play multiplayer.

If you bothered to read, I said "hardcore multiplayer" not "hardcore gamers". You can be a hardcore gamer and never even TOUCH a multiplayer match.

Aug 11, 2008

I could go for that also, as MW1 is the only game I played much multiplayer. However, MW2 did not get cheaper. They actually nerfed multiplayer and increased the price.