Idiots should not be allowed to make web pages!!!

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
If I see one more web page that installs Comet Cursor when you browse the page I am going to scream!!! I don't know what makes lame brained idiots think that by viewing their page I want this POS memory hogging program from hell installed on my computer but I wish they would wise up. Gee...I think I'll run off and make a page that changes the wallpaper of anyone who browses it to a picture of this

Windogg

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Spyware sucks

This week is, "Bring Your PC in to Work So Windogg Can Fix It Week" at the office and 7 out of 10 PC's I've seen had Vomit Comet Cursor installed. Seems they target kids.

Windogg

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Some proggram install that on to my computer, with out my knowing. When I found out, I killed both pieces of software. Still don't know what Comet Cursor is though.

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
hey, i take offense to that...

but then i clicked the url....

eeeee eeeeee, nooo, noooooooooooooooo

=(

Rendus

Golden Member
Jul 27, 2000
Hm.. I don't seem to have that problem.

But then again, when I'm running Windows, I rarely use IE... So.. :)

IBhacknU

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

<< what is comet cursor? my website even asked me if i wanted to install it! >>

You're kidding... right?

prodigy

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Haaaay what's wrong with comet cursor??? I use it on my web page dedicated to my FAVORITE boy bandz!!! it matches my purple comic sans ms font so well too!

nullshark

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 1999
Hmm... Comet Cursor has always asked me before installing.

I think it might be because I have my Install on Demand disabled in tools/internet options/advanced tab (Internet Explorer).

Also check your security settings in the Security tab there (click on custom)
'Run ActiveX Controls &amp; Plugins' -> set to &quot;Prompt&quot;
'Allow paste Option via Script' -> set to &quot;Prompt&quot;

SSP

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Comet Cursor is spyware. It sends out your browsing habits to Comet systems (thats the name of the company I think). Just like dime a click.

Go to grc.com and download optout. It'll clear out a lot of spyware programs.

shawnmos

Banned
Dec 11, 2000
Aghh!!!! My sister was using my computer to visit her STUPID sanrio crap site and now I have that damn Comet Cursor POS on my computer!!! Die Comet Cursor die!!!!

Dameon

Banned
Oct 11, 1999
#1 Rule of webpage design. &quot;Thou shalt not force me to install spyware to view your webiste.&quot;

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
That's one of the reasons I made a new site: I was too lazy to take out the coding for the CometCursor software. It sucks ass. It was an awesome idea, but just not practical.

dcdomain

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2000
WERD... I used to be one of them idiots putting comet cursors and all sorts of other eye candy... until I discovered CONTENT... CONTENT is king...

uhm, Alf, nice site you got going there... an index listing and a kick ass annoying pop up. Dude, since it doesn't look like you uploaded your site yet, move it to a server that doesn't have pop up's. Or at least use some javascript to disable them suckers...

SendTrash

Platinum Member
Apr 18, 2000
YES!!!
I totally agree with the hatred with Comet Cursor. Is there some way to tell IE to ignore the need to install Comet Cursor?

SexEPid

Platinum Member
Aug 1, 2000
Wow, ALF!
Can't wait to see the other 10%!
Sure it will be as productive as the other 90%! :)

Pid