Idiotic lawsuit of the day: Eminem's childhood bully sues for "defamation".

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Linky.

You regularly beat the crap out of someone, he becomes famous and disses you publicly, you sue him for defamation.

Only in America.
rolleye.gif

stormbv

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2000
Haha...a million dollars is probably pocket change to Eminem. Rapping on a multi-platinum album about someone who bullied you...now THAT is revenge. This guy doesn't deserve a dime.

onelove

Golden Member
Dec 1, 2001
this is pretty funny - bully claims he has been injured in his reputation as a neighborhood thug & has lost income as a result.

i bet eminem got kicked around a lot before he got some bodyguards.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
LOL...read the story and you'll see that even the bully's lawyer won't take the case!!!

Mursilis

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
Apropos of nothing, but I thought it was funny . . .

My favorite quote re Eminem comes from P.J. O'Rourke:

"How did God, with all His tornados, miss that particular trailer park?!?"

:D

FrancesBeansRevenge

Platinum Member
Jun 6, 2001
Originally posted by: Fausto1

Only in America.
rolleye.gif

Really? Wow I didn't know no one else had the right and avenue to air grievances against parties they feel wronged them.
Must suck to be them. Of course, as with any system, there are many who abuse it like this guy in the article.
However, we must count on judges to quickly smack down the most ridiculous of suits. And, often they do.
We usually see the articles about the suit being filed and everyone rolls their eyes but we rarely hear about
how most ridiculous cases are thrown out. Remember the fatties suing McDonalds? That was quickly dismissed.

Lawsuits are some peoples only hope and avenue to hold those who've wronged them responsible.

IMHO, I've always thought there should be a sort of 'grand jury' for civil suits. The suit would be
presented to a jury of your peers and they would vote on whether it would be sent to trial.
This seems like it could free up a lot of court/judge time in dealing with frivolous suits.

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: FrancesBeansRevenge
Originally posted by: Fausto1

Only in America.
rolleye.gif

Really? Wow I didn't know no one else had the right and avenue to air grievances against parties they feel wronged them.
Must suck to be them. Of course, as with any system, there are many who abuse it like this guy in the article.
However, we must count on judges to quickly smack down the most ridiculous of suits. And, often they do.
We usually see the articles about the suit being filed and everyone rolls their eyes but we rarely hear about
how most ridiculous cases are thrown out. Remember the fatties suing McDonalds? That was quickly dismissed.

Lawsuits are some peoples only hope and avenue to hold those who've wronged them responsible.

IMHO, I've always thought there should be a sort of 'grand jury' for civil suits. The suit would be
presented to a jury of your peers and they would vote on whether it would be sent to trial.
This seems like it could free up a lot of court/judge time in dealing with frivolous suits.
Or maybe people should grow up and stop filing such moronic lawsuits. McDonald's didn't make you fat, you knew cigarettes were bad for you (hacking cough is a pretty good tipoff), and the guy you beat the sh*t out of on a daily basis has every right to insult you.

There a time and a place to sue, and this ain't it.

EDIT- nutshell version. The right to sue is a good thing, but only in instances where you have truly been wronged by another. Doing something stupid and sueing to skirt around the consequences of your actions (obesity, emphysema, lung cancer, getting dissed by a rapper) is just abusurd. It irritates me to no end that judges even have to take the time away from real cases to toss out garbage like this.