Idi Amin dead - 80 years too late . . .

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
Every time his name comes up the first thing I think about is Entebbe and the highjacking of the Israeli airliner.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
The enemy heads in the 'fridge at his summer residence were a touching piece of decor.

Fortunately, like the rest of us, death got him. Like you said Captn, not soon enough, but his days of luxury are at an end.

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
I remember the story where he took one of his wives who didn't do something of his bidding,
and had doctors cut off her arm and legs and sew them back on at the wrong ends,
legs where the the arms belonged & vice versa - then brought in their children by her
and told them that this is what happens to those who are 'bad' by his standards.
I think she lived for a week before she mercifully died.

There is no justification for Saudis to have given him unconditional assylum.

Macro2

Diamond Member
May 20, 2000
RE:"There is no justification for Saudis to have given him unconditional assylum"

Islam, man, Islam....

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: CaptnKirk
I remember the story where he took one of his wives who didn't do something of his bidding,
and had doctors cut off her arm and legs and sew them back on at the wrong ends,
legs where the the arms belonged & vice versa - then brought in their children by her
and told them that this is what happens to those who are 'bad' by his standards.
I think she lived for a week before she mercifully died.

There is no justification for Saudis to have given him unconditional assylum.

they give him asylum because the late saudi king, in the name of islamic brotherhood, offered him a place to stay. The subsequent leaders of SA were embarrassed by his presence but couldn't go against their patriach's wishes. However, they confined him to Jeddah, denying him access to the outside world.