• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Ideal Jeopardy board

azazyel

Diamond Member
Oct 6, 2000
I was wondering what you guys would want as your ideal jeopardy board. What are your niches of knowledge that you would be able to run the board with.=?

Mine would be:

Star Wars Novels - I have read almost all of them and it is kinda of annoying that the only questions about star wars that ever come up are movie based

The Gospels - Just finished reading another book about them

Sharks - I was obsessed with sharks when I was a kid and I still know way too much about them.

The Pen is Mightier - I don't really have that much knowledge about classic literature but I would kill to be able to say, "I'll take the Penis Mightier for 200 Trabek."

Luftwaffe - Always enjoyed the planes of WW2 especially the German ones. ME262 and BF109 are two of my favorite planes.

Narcotics - This one, well let's just say I probably know more about this topic than the average Joe.

You don't have to list all six but a couple would be nice.

ggavinmoss

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2001
Current Events, Geography, Computers/Technology, Pop Culture, Literature, and Necromancy.

-geoff

azazyel

Diamond Member
Oct 6, 2000
Originally posted by: Linflas
US History, Geography, Geology, Science, and Computers/Technology.
Geography - scares the crap out of me. I don't know why but in college I had to take a lot of map tests that pretty much spanned the globe yet 5 min after the tests, blanko.

Izzo

May 30, 2003
Categories that I would Destroy (from best to worst):

Sports, Chemistry (or any math/science), Star Trek, any vocab category ("s"words, anyone?), geography, any gimmicky category (anagrams, puns, etc)

Categories that would own me:

Religion, poetry, literature, art, history, old movies

royaldank

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2001
Mine would be Golden Tee golf, college basketball gambling, college football gambling, jamband music, and console videogames.

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Baseball history, personal finance, computers, management, spelling.

Ones I would fear: cooking, opera, art, TV shows (post-1980).

mpitts

Lifer
Jun 9, 2000
The Beatles, Professional Hockey, Punk Rock, The Simpsons, Computers, Video Game Consoles

:D

Jul 12, 2001
simpsons trivia, name who did it from the first 30 seconds of law and order, geography, biology, baseball, movie quotes, name this hot nude actress!

blakeatwork

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
Surprised noone mentioned these:

S-Words
An Album Cover
Potent Potables

Crap... memory fading... anyone else remember them..

:D

Edit

Therapists
The Pen is Mightier (as above)

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000
Computers, Star Trek, Babylon 5, Dragonball and other Anime, Potent Potables, Video Game Consoles, and finally Space

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000
Originally posted by: azazyel

The Pen is Mightier - I don't really have that much knowledge about classic literature but I would kill to be able to say, "I'll take the Penis Mightier for 200 Trabek."

Script

Alex Trebek: Yeah, it was a trick question, Mr. Connery. Why don't you pick a category?

Sean Connery: I've got to ask you about the Penis Mightier.

Alex Trebek: What? No. No, no, that is The Pen is Mightier.

Sean Connery: Gussy it up however you want, Trebek. What matters is does it work? Will it really mighty my penis, man?

Alex Trebek: It's not a product, Mr. Connery.

Sean Connery: Because I've ordered devices like that before - wasted a pretty penny, I don't mind telling you. And if The Penis Mightier works, I'll order a dozen.

Alex Trebek: It's not a Penis Mightier, Mr. Connery. There's no such thing!

Nicholas Cage: Wait, wait, wait.. are you selling Penis Mightiers?

Alex Trebek: No! No, I'm not.

Sean Connery: Well, you're sitting on a gold mine, Trebek!

ASK THE COMMUNITY