I'd suspect week one for the Trump administration was a big win

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 25, 2013
Sorry, it's a stupid Canadian type question. I support the Constitution which I believe is the law of the land here in the United States. So 1. I oppose gun control and 2. I oppose socialized medicine.

You don't believe that the constitution allows for any regulation/control of private firearms sales and ownership at all?

Which part of the American Constitution says no "socialized medicine" (which I never mentioned) and no socialized health insurance (which I did refer to)?

Jan 25, 2011
the supreme court ruled that Obamacare - which was was a medium step in the direction of universal healthcare - was constitutional. Social security, medicaid and medicare are also all constitutional as defined by the courts. Those are all administered on some level at the federal level.

The constitution is also a living breathing document, if we adhered to it completely colored's would be slaves and women couldn't vote. I think that it leaves room for interpretation.

Plus if Trump shut down some of the media, which you'd probably defend, that would be violating the 1st amendment.
You're wasting your breath. The same poster likes to continually point out its not 1856 when it comes to immigration but in this case he will argue what held in the 1700's holds true now without variation.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
You're a useless racist.

You questioned whether the constitution really allowed any immigration at all. Clearly you seem to be completely anti-immigration at this point. You aren't the only one who wants or has ever wanted a totally homogeneous society.

Nov 25, 2013
You're wasting your breath. The same poster likes to continually point out its not 1856 when it comes to immigration but in this case he will argue what held in the 1700's holds true now without variation.

1856, the time of the Know Nothings. He would feel right at home with that bunch.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
So, where were you imported from ?
Russia. It's sad, really. Taj 0.8.3.4 is a beta, Trump Apologist variant of the Java Messaging Appliance, Headless Autotroll Library (TA-JMAHAL) program. It was first released during the GOP primaries. Unfortunately, it is now abandonware. As with most Trump contractors, its Russian programmer was never paid, so he returned to stealing credit card numbers. Without further updates, poor beta Taj is doomed to loop forever, echoing the same tired trolls from its obsolete propaganda library. So sad.So beta.

Not going to answer the question?
Unless it has an easy talking point in its library, Tajmabot's limited AI can't really answer questions. Instead, it falls through to its Output_Random_Diversion() function. If you watch its posts, you'll see that function gets called a lot.

That may be why Trump wouldn't pay its programmer, because the program was such low quality. In fairness, however, it is only a beta.

Jul 9, 2009
You questioned whether the constitution really allowed any immigration at all. Clearly you seem to be completely anti-immigration at this point. You aren't the only one who wants or has ever wanted a totally homogeneous society.
Who dares question your racist orthodoxy ?

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Who dares question your racist orthodoxy ?

Hey just read what I post. You'll figure it out.

You are the one supporting a Muslim ban, except for 3 countries that actually sent over the 9/11 hijackers, cause Trump has business interests in them. So this has little to do with protecting us.

And now also questioning if the Constitution really requires us to have any immigration at all.

Things are starting to add up.

Jul 9, 2009
Hey just read what I post. You'll figure it out.

You are the one supporting a Muslim ban, except for 3 countries that actually sent over the 9/11 hijackers, cause Trump has business interests in them. So this has little to do with protecting us.

And now also questioning if the Constitution really requires us to have any immigration at all.

Things are starting to add up.
Please cite where it says in the Constitution that the United States must allow unlimited immigration.?

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Please cite where it says in the Constitution that the United States must allow unlimited immigration.?

It doesn't and nor do I believe in unlimited immigration either by a long shot.

You didn't mention unlimited immigration, you mentioned where does the constitution allow immigration, period.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004

You didn't mention unlimited immigration, you mentioned where does the constitution allow immigration, period.

The OP seems to imply that immigration is, on the whole, a net positive for the country. Why not allow unlimited immigration if that is the case?

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
America is a country nearly completely (98-99%) comprised of immigrants. If you go back far enough in almost any American's family you will find people who were born in other countries.

My ancestors immigrated here in the mid-late 1600s from Bavaria.... they were immigrants. I have ancestors that fought in every single war this country ever fought, sometimes on both sides. Yet, I recognize that today is no different from the 1600s, or the 1850s, or the 1920s in terms of the way immigration has always played a huge role in the development of this nation. You can go back in American history and find contributions of immigrants that put this country on the map. Werner Von Braunn? Immigrant. He got us to the moon. You don't have to be Einstein, to see the value that immigrants offer this country. That is just as true today, as it was when my ancestors immigrated.

It appalls me to see so many of you other americans, who cannot possibly be any more American than me, espouse the view that immigrants should be banned. You bring shame upon this nation.

Nov 25, 2013
America is a country nearly completely (98-99%) comprised of immigrants. If you go back far enough in almost any American's family you will find people who were born in other countries.

My ancestors immigrated here in the mid-late 1600s from Bavaria.... they were immigrants. I have ancestors that fought in every single war this country ever fought, sometimes on both sides. Yet, I recognize that today is no different from the 1600s, or the 1850s, or the 1920s in terms of the way immigration has always played a huge role in the development of this nation. You can go back in American history and find contributions of immigrants that put this country on the map. Werner Von Braunn? Immigrant. He got us to the moon. You don't have to be Einstein, to see the value that immigrants offer this country. That is just as true today, as it was when my ancestors immigrated.

It appalls me to see so many of you other americans, who cannot possibly be any more American than me, espouse the view that immigrants should be banned. You bring shame upon this nation.

Now this I can agree with.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
The OP seems to imply that immigration is, on the whole, a net positive for the country. Why not allow unlimited immigration if that is the case?

He seems to argue that immigration is in general a net positive, but I don't seem him advocating for unlimited immigration. When talking about refugee immigration he does not argue for an increase, so we have no idea if they support unlimited immigration.

I don't support unlimited immigration. There are limited jobs and resources to go around for one. For another there are dangers out there, and in those cases we can vet those immigrants coming from hotspots. And we do that actually already. Quite strictly. There isn't a massive terrorism problem inside the US. Besides 9/11. And those nationals were from 3 countries Trump omitted from his ban - Saudi Arabia, UAE and Egypt. All places he has business interests in. That should piss you off as a Trumpist, but it won't. Anyway.

I think during massive humanitarian crisis we should help a little more to mitigate the refugee crisis.

During WWII, where do you think huge numbers of Europeans went? From places like Poland and Greece and many countries in between?

The middle east actually. There were refugee camps in Aleppo for Europeans, in Egypt, Gaza and more. They opened their doors for Westerners in droves. That should mean something.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
It's only 1 week.

Let's see in 2 years. That's if Trump can last that long.

We also need to remember that this isn't Obama. That time is over. We are going to go thru radical changes that are going to change America's landscape forever.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
He seems to argue that immigration is in general a net positive, but I don't seem him advocating for unlimited immigration. When talking about refugee immigration he does not argue for an increase, so we have no idea if they support unlimited immigration.

I don't support unlimited immigration. There are limited jobs and resources to go around for one. For another there are dangers out there, and in those cases we can vet those immigrants coming from hotspots. And we do that actually already. Quite strictly. There isn't a massive terrorism problem inside the US. Besides 9/11. And those nationals were from 3 countries Trump omitted from his ban - Saudi Arabia, UAE and Egypt. All places he has business interests in. That should piss you off as a Trumpist, but it won't. Anyway.

I think during massive humanitarian crisis we should help a little more to mitigate the refugee crisis.

During WWII, where do you think huge numbers of Europeans went? From places like Poland and Greece and many countries in between?

The middle east actually. There were refugee camps in Aleppo for Europeans, in Egypt, Gaza and more. They opened their doors for Westerners in droves. That should mean something.

I don't see much evidence that there are enough jobs to go around, particularly in Europe. In countries like France, even ethnic minorities that have been around for generations have much worse prospects of employment compared to ethnic Frenchies. Long-term, driving demand for consumption isn't valuable if it has to be subsidized in the first place by people that create things of significant value.

I do agree that terrorism is not a major problem and that this ban of Trump's is ultimately just for show. He'll probably give it up after the 90 day period and say "Well, I tried to do it, but that damn ACLU stopped me" and appease his fans. Most Trump people I see are already blowing their wads over his executive actions. I didn't vote for Trump, and if someone put a gun to my head between him and Clinton, I would have voted for her.

Are there figures on the number of European refugees that ultimately stayed in the Middle-East? Was this during the UK's control of the region after the Ottoman Empire's fall? If it was truly a temporary thing then it wouldn't be as much of a problem, but there's a common narrative of integrating as many as possible and having them settle as immigrants. I realize that the USA has not been doing this; under Obama we took very few relative to Europe, but many seem to want us to.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Well, when you consider that all Trumpsters have for the rest of America is a big "Screw You!" then it's easy to understand that they have even bigger wood for immigrants, particularly the demonized Muslim immigrants.

Jul 9, 2009

You are a liar, this was my question to you.
I fixed it just for you, but please show me where the Constitution requires us to allow immigration?
Where in the Constitution does it REQUIRE us to allow immigration?
Cite where it requires it please.
You can't.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
You are a liar, this was my question to you.

Where in the Constitution does it REQUIRE us to allow immigration?
Cite where it requires it please.
You can't.

I never said the Constitution requires us to accept a single immigrant. It was about what you were saying.

Please quote where I said that the Constitution requires immigration.

rockyct

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2001
One week in office. One executive order halted by a federal judge. Yup... Definitely winning.
There was a way to get this ban through that would not have been extremely cruel and have horrible PR, but instead could have been seen by some neutral people as firm but cautious. They chose the cruel route and it is blowing up in their face bigly. This only plays well to the hardcore Trump voters and while that can work for a while, Republicans in Congress will eventually have to start distancing themselves from the toxic waste. They haven't won any political victories yet. They've only used executive orders which have and will continue to take a toll in Trump's approval rating.

greatnoob

Jan 6, 2014
I have a question. Do you have a separate Output_Random_Straw_Man() function, or is this integrated into Output_Random_Diversion()? TIA.

Somebody released its code, this is what I found in ArgumentCaller.java:

Code:
try {
    sensibleArgumentThatMakesSense();
} catch (Error error) {
    print("Could not make sensible argument, using fallback...");
    while (true) {
        strawManAway(); // post strawman until computer fries
    }
}

You are correct in your assumption that it is a useless bot