I'd like to thank the French and Russians for their part in the military campaign in Southwest Asia

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
By training the Iraqi Army to such a high degree of professionalism, who knows what would've happened otherwise. Glad to see the same military style fought by the Russians in Chechnya was used in the desert. Not to be outdone, the generals and commanders finely executed their French-trained surrenders at the most opportune time. However, unlike previous surrenders, the French invented a new style by telling the commanders to abandon post while the fighting was going on. They slipped away like thieves in the night to live another day. The glory of France is alive and strong. Edouard Daladier must be so proud.

Conky

Lifer
May 9, 2001
That reminds me of a joke.

Question: How many French troops does it take to defend France in a time of war?

Answer: Two, one to wave the white flag and the second to sign the articles of surrender.

:D

Originally posted by: Crazyfool
That reminds me of a joke.

Question: How many French troops does it take to defend France in a time of war?

Answer: Two, one to wave the white flag and the second to sign the articles of surrender.

:D

or how many frenchmen does it take to defend paris?

Unknown, its never been tried.:p

drewshin

Golden Member
Dec 14, 1999
yawn as well. i guess americans always need someone to make fun of to make them forget about their own serious deficiencies.
rolleye.gif

Speedy3D!

Golden Member
Oct 31, 1999
Originally posted by: drewshin
yawn as well. i guess americans always need someone to make fun of to make them forget about their own serious deficiencies.
rolleye.gif

and you're the most deserving of the yawn :)

Tiger

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
yawn as well. i guess americans always need someone to make fun of to make them forget about their own serious deficiencies
What deficiencies are those? Enlighten us.

GoingUp

Lifer
Jul 31, 2002
Why are all the streets in Paris lined with trees?

Cause Germans like to march in the shade :D

fatalbert

Platinum Member
Aug 1, 2001
Originally posted by: tec699
I guess no one here has never heard of the great Napoleon?

:cool:

he wasn't French, he was corsican

see the first rule of French warfare, they win when they are being led by someone who isn't French:p

Rastus

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: fatalbert
Originally posted by: tec699
I guess no one here has never heard of the great Napoleon?

:cool:

he wasn't French, he was corsican

see the first rule of French warfare, they win when they are being led by someone who isn't French:p

Napoleon was pwned by Wellington.

Grakatt

Feb 27, 2003
What dialect would americans have if the French had not helped them gain their independence?
No one knows, 'cause it didn't happen.

CaptainGoodnight

Golden Member
Oct 13, 2000
Originally posted by: drewshin
rolleye.gif

Kinda like what the entire world does to us?

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Dari
By training the Iraqi Army to such a high degree of professionalism, who knows what would've happened otherwise. Glad to see the same military style fought by the Russians in Chechnya was used in the desert. Not to be outdone, the generals and commanders finely executed their French-trained surrenders at the most opportune time. However, unlike previous surrenders, the French invented a new style by telling the commanders to abandon post while the fighting was going on. They slipped away like thieves in the night to live another day. The glory of France is alive and strong. Edouard Daladier must be so proud.

We did a much better job of training Bin Laden. You should be proud.

AndrewR

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Grakatt
What dialect would americans have if the French had not helped them gain their independence?
No one knows, 'cause it didn't happen.

And the French almost started learning German as a primary language TWICE in the last century. Considering that the U.S. wasn't in existence when the French helped us, I'd say he did fairly well with that massive handicap. Considering that France was supposedly one of the "Great Powers" when the Germans ran roughshod over them, it seems they have little excuse.

Best military formation in France? Foreign Legion. Makes sense, doesn't it?

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Five surgeons are discussing who makes the best patients to operate on.

The first surgeon says, "I like to see accountants on my operating
table, because when you open them up, everything inside is numbered,"

The second responds, "Yeah, but you should try electricians. Everything
inside them is color-coded,"

The third surgeon says, "No, I really think librarians are the best;
everything inside them is in alphabetical order."

The fourth surgeon chimes in: "You know, I like construction workers.
They always understand when you have a few parts left over at the
end and when the job takes longer than you said it would."

But the fifth surgeon, Dr. Morris Fishbein, shuts them all up when
he observes: "The French are the easiest to operate on. There's no
guts, no heart, no balls and no spine. Plus the head and ass are
interchangeable."

aznparty

Aug 9, 2002
Originally posted by: Alistar7

interchangeable."

Damn thats original, did you come up with it all by yourself?

styrafoam

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2002
Originally posted by: Hayabusarider
Originally posted by: Dari

We did a much better job of training Bin Laden. You should be proud.

America>Bin Laden>USSR

kleinesarschloch

Jan 18, 2003
Originally posted by: Alistar7

interchangeable."

very sloppy. you need to have only 3 surgeons so you don't bore people longer than necessary.

Grakatt

Feb 27, 2003
Originally posted by: AndrewR

And the French almost started learning German as a primary language TWICE in the last century. Considering that the U.S. wasn't in existence when the French helped us, I'd say he did fairly well with that massive handicap. Considering that France was supposedly one of the "Great Powers" when the Germans ran roughshod over them, it seems they have little excuse.

Hehe, I'm not much trying to defend France or so, but you have to admit sitting half a world away makes it easier to enter the fray when you wish?
Also, I didn't get that second sentence. Why was it a massive handicap to not officially be self-ruled, when the spirit of revolution and independance lived in every to-be american? Meaning, did it make a practical difference?

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: AndrewR

Hehe, I'm not much trying to defend France or so, but you have to admit sitting half a world away makes it easier to enter the fray when you wish?
Also, I didn't get that second sentence. Why was it a massive handicap to not officially be self-ruled, when the spirit of revolution and independance lived in every to-be american? Meaning, did it make a practical difference?

I think that the only reason why we got into both world wars was because of the british. They're our brothers in more ways than one. If they are threatened, then we fight. The french just happened to pick up scraps of goodwill we threw towards our bretherns. I'm sure they feel the same way about us.