I'd like to buy a Facebook account

calbear2000

Golden Member
Oct 17, 2001
I need a facebook account. I haven't had a .edu address for years, and I don't want to wait for this auction to end.

Send me a PM if you're willing to part with yours...

For the inevitable "Why in the world are you buying a facebook account?" - we're doing some research for a company that wants to jump into the social networking space. We know all about the non-gated networks (myspace, hi5, orkut, etc) - we have no clue what Facebook is like. We'll be working with researchers like Danah Boyd and Fred Stutzman for this study as well...

ps. Yes I know facebook is opening up to everyone soon. But I need access to your typical college network and from what I understand, they'll be seperating college networks with edu addresses from regional...

fbrdphreak

Lifer
Apr 17, 2004
Anybody selling their educational e-mail address is a fvcking moron. That gets linked right back to you and when someone googles the address YOU are associated with it. Have fun

postmortemIA

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2006
Originally posted by: fbrdphreak
Anybody selling their educational e-mail address is a fvcking moron. That gets linked right back to you and when someone googles the address YOU are associated with it. Have fun

There are insiders in big companies checking out facebook accounts of prospective employees.

calbear2000

Golden Member
Oct 17, 2001
Originally posted by: postmortemIA
Originally posted by: fbrdphreak

There are insiders in big companies checking out facebook accounts of prospective employees.

Nail->Head.

Lots of people want read-only access to Facebook. Buyer and seller agree that all personal information is changed upon transfer INCLUDING email address. Happens all the time

arcas

Platinum Member
Apr 10, 2001
This seems dodgy at best. Surely this violates the Facebook TOS? Is it even legal?